Borna Barisic

In the big games, when the chips are down, and you're looking around to see who's up for it, who's going to war, then give me Halliday every day of the week that ends in a Y over Barisic.

Ability wise Halliday couldn't lace his boots, but at Rangers you need a bit more in your locker than ability - and I'm not sure Barisic has that.

Take this as a thumbs down !

I think people seen him playing against us with a head bandage and thought we were getting another Terry Butcher or another Dado Prso, but he clearly isn’t made of that stuff.

On a positive I seen him making a proper defenders tackle today. So we are slowly getting there.

Might come across as harsh as his career with us to date has been very stop/start due to injuries but he’s looking very average just now. For me he looks terrified of playing for us, takes the safe option every time.

Granted he overlapped a few times today and the formation in the first half probably limited him from getting up and down the wing as much and to be fair, he was available for a pass most of the game but I’d like to see a lot more from him.

The player we seen for Osijek isn’t the one we are getting.
Think that’s quite harsh , guys been solid enough and best is yet to come when he gets a run of games.

He's been a poor signing thus far but I do think he's a good player. Judge him after a proper run in team. Needs to stay fit and play consistently.

Wonder what game folk are watching sometimes
If I knew what your view was, ie. you thought he played well or otherwise, I would be happy to respond but I certainly do agree you do wonder what game some are watching !

Last edited:
Very harsh given the lack of a steady run of games. Anyway I thought he played well today, one cross to Defoe was sensational, it didn’t even look like he had the angle to get that sort of whip on the ball.

I think anyone comparing him with Halliday probably has a weird agenda or gets a weird stauner from being contrarian.

Barisic is an excellent player !
Perhaps circumstances, ie. injuries, have prevented that from becoming obvious to some and whilst accepting that he has had a difficult time as a result of injury, I despair for those unable to recognise his quality.

No player is above criticism.
However, this thread is a wee bit nuts.

Borna hasn't played as many games as we wanted due to injury, but the class is oozing out of him.
Even as he struggles to get a good run of uninterrupted matches the ability is totally apparent.
I thought he was very good today and I saw signs of him getting his game back to its best.

The signs are also there that he is getting an understanding with Ryan Kent... if this can develop to its fullest, then ffsake, expect fireworks down the left.

Barisic is a fantastic talent and we haven't yet seen the best of him and we have much to look forward to.

Barasic is already being set up as the whipping boy for some.

His pass for Arfield today was top top class, his delivery is top drawer, he gets up and down the line more than any other LB we have.

The more he plays the better he will get, he is by far our best left back.

barisic/kent should be a stronger side to our team than tav/candeias. Its obvious, at the moment, the left back position is our weak spot.

Quite a poor first half save a few decent tackles. He seemed to lack composure And booted the ball out of playa few times.

Much better second half especially when he figured out that he could cut inside unimpedieded.

I thought he played quite well today with a lot more to come.
Op is a bit harsh imo , with a special mention to the AH pish .

Might come across as harsh as his career with us to date has been very stop/start due to injuries but he’s looking very average just now. For me he looks terrified of playing for us, takes the safe option every time.

Granted he overlapped a few times today and the formation in the first half probably limited him from getting up and down the wing as much and to be fair, he was available for a pass most of the game but I’d like to see a lot more from him.

Thought he did ok today, but it went through my mind at the time that he looked scared-holding back a bit?
I think he has bags of potential - hopefully when he gets his confidence up he will be the player we all think he should be.

He clearly played at 60% pelt

He’s working his way up gradual.

His first full 90 minutes since when ?

He was a solid 7/10.

A lot of his problems came from going full pelt far too often and not pacing a game properly. Electrifying at points but clearly suffered hamstring bother.

Some of the folk desperate to reply are doing the McLaughlin family proud

Let's be honest on current form he's no better than Halliday-hit one cracking cross today and one decent one. Had one great tackle. Against St. Boo considering the hype on here about him we have to be disappointed.

Irrespective of where we stand our manager doesn't do mediocrity he will be in trouble shortly with him. Interesting to see if SG starts him against the Sheep.
No better than halliday are you having a laugh?
Borna hasn’t been outstanding but some of his delivery is brilliant and halliday hasn’t got that in his locker.
Halliday is a good squad player let’s not get carried away

Harsh

Mega improvement on Halliday tho.

We aren't Osijek where he was a main man and antway its Kents job down that side to attack with Tav being our obvious main attacking fullback and Candias always ready to cover

It’s pretty ridiculous that if you have an opinion on a player and question his performance and hope to get more from him because you know he’s better, some people process that in their head as you thinking he’s shite and that you aren’t a fan of him.

Regardless of his performance today, he’s still not shown anything close to the kind of performance he put in against us in the two legs for Osijek. Maybe Motherwell away (3-3) and his first home league game as well when he had an assist for Goldson (can’t remember who it was against)

I’m sure it will come in time when he gets a run of games and he’ll become the player we all know he can be but he was nowhere as good as is being made out on here today from some.

Very harsh given the lack of a steady run of games. Anyway I thought he played well today, one cross to Defoe was sensational, it didn’t even look like he had the angle to get that sort of whip on the ball.

I think anyone comparing him with Halliday probably has a weird agenda or gets a weird stauner from being contrarian.
Your not accusing people of being deliberately controversial in order to satisfy their weird hobby of debating things to death on the internet are you?

Some people play golf....

I like Borna but I have to say that I think he is a bit timid. He rarely wins a ball in the air and gets shrugged off the ball very easily. He clearly has class but, in our league, he has to toughen up.

No better than halliday are you having a laugh?
Borna hasn’t been outstanding but some of his delivery is brilliant and halliday hasn’t got that in his locker.
Halliday is a good squad player let’s not get carried away

Yup Halliday had a goal in his locker the other night.....

Your not accusing people of being deliberately controversial in order to satisfy their weird hobby of debating things to death on the internet are you?

Some people play golf....

I’m certain one or two prominent posters browse threads to see what the general consensus is, and then go in the opposite direction for a wee bit of attention.

Loonies

Why start a thread thats totally opinionated then start swinging the ban hammer when someone disagrees? This place is getting worse. FF admin want to get over themselves and their self importance. This is a place for debate ffs not for hunk admin to rule with an iron fist coz they couldny got their hole in high school.

Let's hope he's easing himself back to fitness.

Currently nowhere near the guy who bombed up and down the left wing for Osijek against us, swung in dangerous crosses and could hit a free kick.

Absolutely nowhere near it.

Let's hope he will be soon.

Plenty of Bears not impressed with BB. And hardly a contrarian when stated his first half cross was sensational.

You couldn't debate your way out of a paper bag.

I thought he was decent today.
I also think todays formation doesn’t help our full backs,we’ll see the best of him in a 4-3-3 imo.

barisic/kent should be a stronger side to our team than tav/candeias. Its obvious, at the moment, the left back position is our weak spot.

They very well could be if the formation isn't changing from game to game and they get games together.

Tav and Candeias have had over a season of gelling with each other.

Not the post I was expecting to read when I saw the title. I thought he breezed it today. Hope to f*ck he can stay fit.

Not the post I was expecting to read when I saw the title. I thought he breezed it today. Hope to f*ck he can stay fit.

Why start a thread thats totally opinionated then start swinging the ban hammer when someone disagrees? This place is getting worse. FF admin want to get over themselves and their self importance. This is a place for debate ffs not for hunk admin to rule with an iron fist coz they couldny got their hole in high school.

:D :D :D

He could be an Arthur Newman level of player but he needs to believe in himself more. Looks like he is a confidence player and his confidence is low.

The same could be said for Grezda

I'd say you are lucky to have a position on this Forum or you'd be ripped a new one.

Against who?listen I’m not getting into the argument but barasic is a better left back than halliday

In theory yes I wouldn't disagree but that's the point I'm making in terms of effectiveness BB is not delivering anything extra.
If the manager picks him on Wednesday he will need a lot more if he picks Halliday he knows he will get 100% of his ability. That's a dilemma for a manager when it's going to be a battle and a must win game.

Back