Match Thread Aberdeen v Rangers - 19:45 Wednesday - Sky Sports

See when the pundits go into their inevitable condemnation of Dallas and the four penalties and the favours we get from the refs can we hold off and not give them what they are desperate for?
Don't allow them to treat you like Pavlov's dogs. Don't take the bait. Ignore the arseholes.

Tonight’s game could be iffy.

The CB pairing - between lack of match fitness and possible brain farts - is worrisome.

You know fine well they’ll do everything they can to get Morelos sent off, and given the recent press agenda, we’ll get absolutely NOTHING from the officials tonight.

Simply put, its a “must win,” but the barriers in front of us look ominous.

An ugly win is still a win.

“Let’s go!”

The Worrall bashing on here and twitter is getting beyond ridiculous but then an element of the Rangers support have always needed a bogie man to bear their teeth at, even more so in the digital age.

I'm one who deffo wants Katic in ahead of Worrall. I think Katic is just as good if not better and is our own player. Worrall's not a whipping boy for me.

I keep reading that Katic is in form. He has played the last 3 games. None of which the defence have been overly tested. 3-0 v Livi, 4-0 v St Booo (both with Worrall) and 3-1 v Cowdenbeath (with McAuley, defence was a bit shaky 2nd half).

Lets not pretend he is a Gough or Amoruso here. Get behind the team selected.

Apart from the disaster at Killie I think Joe has been decent for us, he's certainly not as bad as some make out on here

I think Katic is our best defender,ahead of Goldson. nuff said. hope tae %^*& Worral is on his game the night and Goldson is match fit and sharp

Decision to drop Katic could seriously harm his development and future with us. If we lose this game, Gerrard has some serious questions to answer. If we win, Gerrard still has some important questions to answer. Really not happy with this.

Turn over to Sky to watch the pre match buildup to see they’ve been showing a re run of an old firm loss complete with interviews. Sky really don’t give a toss about Scottish football.

On a side note, really need to put this shite in their place. I keep thinking back to the first game of the season where we dominated them for 80 minutes and our best player sent off, no excuses tonight, they deserve an absolute doing

another hilarious start to a match thread.

Yes, I'd probably rather see Katic than Worral as he is our player but I don't think for a second he'd pick a player just because rather than what he feels will win this match. As for the its a worry we have no right back, or certain players on the bench. Yer right its probably something gerrard, mccallister and the back room team never thought of before picking the squad, no way theyd have had contingency plans in case of injury or red cards...

Let's do this Rangers!

Can't be any excuses tonight, that's what Gerrard sees as his strongest starting 11.

Aberdeen line up suggests they're going to play for set pieces even more than usual. Expect dives anywhere in our half and them to load the box at every opportunity

Decision to drop Katic could seriously harm his development and future with us. If we lose this game, Gerrard has some serious questions to answer. If we win, Gerrard still has some important questions to answer. Really not happy with this.

This is just getting silly. The majority will enjoy the victory - you can take the huff and wait for answers on your "important questions".

Worral was very good in the old firm game, I think he is a very good defender as long as he sticks to defending and cuts out the fancy stuff. I feel for big Katie though, he hasn’t put a foot wrong since coming back in to the side.

Another big game, they are coming thick and fast, but we have to win to keep some pressure on St Pats. C'mon Gers a big performance please!

Pathetic build up in all honesty. Thank %^*& I leech the in laws Sky Go, %^*& paying for this pish.

You really need to share your greater experience and knowledge of footballers psychology with that johnny-come-lately manager we have. He won't have thought this through like you have, don't be shy, he'd be indebted to learn from a superior.

Worrall will cost us the league if we keep playing him (if he hasn't already), he's prone to mistakes. However he will play most games no matter what. Hope I'm wrong but in tight games he is the favourite to make an error.

No need to worry about the referee or Dolly. If we turn up and play we win. Simple. Let's go Rangers.

I hope its a draw then we get a penalty on the 90th and we take home the 3 points

Worral was very good in the old firm game, I think he is a very good defender as long as he sticks to defending and cuts out the fancy stuff. I feel for big Katie though, he hasn’t put a foot wrong since coming back in to the side.

He was playing against a boy. I think the criticism he gets is OTT but don't believe you can use tht game to evaluate his ability.

Back