Match Thread Aberdeen v Rangers - 19:45 Wednesday - Sky Sports

worrall first goal as anytime i scream i want some off because they are rotten something happens and after reading this thread so far 66/1:))

M
Absolute rubbish. One player made a horrendous mistake, no one else did. McGregor’s wasn’t even remotely in the same category as Worrall’s.

My opinions on Katic and Worrall have no bearing on the result, so there’s nothing to get over. What a stupid thing to say.
Worrals mistake was for the leveller
McGregors mistake cost us more.

Hope Worrall nails this tonight. The amount of hate directed towards him is sickening.

I think we all hope he nails it tonight mate, but his recent form makes it reasonable to question his inclusion over a guy who hasn’t put a foot wrong.

I’ve certainly no hate for Worrall, but surely form must count for something in these circumstances?

Given he's missed a few games I'm not convinced throwing Goldson straight back into the team in a game like this is particularly clever. Time will tell. You can only hope the risk pays off.

Disappointed to see Worrall, but not surprised. Ultimately I am 100% behind the Gaffer. In Stevie G we trust.

Really disappointed that yet again katic has been benched, he looked drained of confidence when this happened before, no reason to be dropping him, he's been playing well

It clearly is true though.

Not in the managers eyes and not in mine either. What has Katic done since being back that Worral hasn’t also done?
I can tell you what Worral has done better than Katic, stepping onto the play, and getting us moving forward quicker.

Tbh right now I see the only positions up for grabs in the team right now as Worrells and Jack's.

We have a lot of options when you consider Grezda, Murphy, Middleton, Dorrans, Kamara and Polster are not even in tonight's squad.

Wont pass judgement before a ball is kicked... looks a strong team... my only concern is big worell.. as the Aberdeen strikers on fire at this moment... but shall wait and see... switching off soon to go and watch it .. maybee some of the drama queens who post every second of the game should try it....

Everywhere anywhere.......

Given he's missed a few games I'm not convinced throwing Goldson straight back into the team in a game like this is particularly clever. Time will tell. You can only hope the risk pays off.

This is a far bigger talking point and far bigger risk than Worrall playing.

Worrall has been pretty damn good since that nightmare at Killie, so while I'd have preferred to see Katic staying in the team I'm not as disappointed as others are.

I still feel Katic is a better player and should be played over Worrall, but Worrall has bounced back from Killie and hopefully won't let us down.

Happy enough with the team but Katic being left out annoys a tad and hope Joes errors are stamped out.

Just win.

Jesus Christ. You talk a lot of nonsense in general, but that’s the best yet.

We’ll argue against it if it’s nonsense?
Worrals mistake cost us the lead. No ones denying that.
McGregor being beaten so easily half way towards his post I’d assume because he was thinking Jones was going across him cost us anything from the game at all.
That’s my argument. What’s yours? Making statements like “nonsense” is easy, back it up with an argument!

Not in the managers eyes and not in mine either. What has Katic done since being back that Worral hasn’t also done?
I can tell you what Worral has done better than Katic, stepping onto the play, and getting us moving forward quicker.
Lolol

No wingers on the bench and no right back either.

Perish the thought, but who moves to right back if Tavernier has to go off?

Jack? McCrorie?

Does Worral have to play if he's fit? Some contract stipulation with Forest?
It's the only thing I can think of. We get him for base rate wages providing we play him in X amount of games across the season. If we don't meet the X, then we are liable for a hefty fee or something.

Jack? McCrorie?
Jack probably
Lafferty will cover the wings I’d imagine

Looking on social media the sheep are delighted with their team and confident

Come on Rangers, same intensity as the old firm!!

It's the only thing I can think of. We get him for base rate wages providing we play him in X amount of games across the season. If we don't meet the X, then we are liable for a hefty fee or something.
As far as I know the only stipulation on his deal was if he didn’t play x amount they could take him back. He has played that amount so we kept him in January. Not heard anything other than that

Katic dropped ? Very , very worrying . I hope this doesn’t backfire . We cannot allow dolly to take anything from us tonight . Fourth attempt at beating them .

Just do it !

Jack? McCrorie?

Yeah, surprised at that too. Would have thought a defensive option would have been a better choice than two strikers.

Imo Katic is a defender, but woeful with the ball
Katic and goldson is the best partnership, worrall and goldson have been honking in alot of away games together livingston dundee st johnstone the sheep semi and even the hibs game worrall nearly set up a goal near the end with a slack pass.

Jack? McCrorie?
Yeah, Jack probably. Both Lafferty and Defoe can play wide of a front three so don't necessarily need to change shape if either winger comes off.

Worrall has been pretty damn good since that nightmare at Killie, so while I'd have preferred to see Katic staying in the team I'm not as disappointed as others are.

I still feel Katic is a better player and should be played over Worrall, but Worrall has bounced back from Killie and hopefully won't let us down.

Good against two sides who never threatened; Livingston and St. Mirren.

If Katić had made that mistake at Rugby Park he'd struggle to make the bench.

Katić has been no worse than Worrall, has been solid in recent weeks and is our players. He's also shown in the past that alongside Goldson, they are a solid partnership.

Any way, no excuses, just win.

My thoughts too. I like big Goldson but he's bound to be a bit rusty and would have preferred to see him back in once this week is over.

Anyways, lets hope both the CH's can get the cigars out and we completely dominate the sheep from middle to front.

Back