Match Thread Kilmarnock v Rangers - 17:15 Saturday - Premier Sports

Poor half that. Changes needed at half time. Arfield or Candeias haven't been in the game. Either or both off and a change in formation. Put their centre halfs under pressure now both booked as well.

This pitch forces a direct style. Means Kent cant be just as influential as he normally is. Defoe does not provide the outball we need on his own. We need to get Lafferty onto the pitch and play off him. I would go to a flat 442. Play direct and back up the second ball. Not pritty but it is never going to be on that shitty pitch

Midfield is hopeless.Not one ounce of creativity in it.Defoe would be as well sitting in the stand he has no support whatsoever.This guy Arfield is doing my box in ,a couple of touches here and there ,he is supposed to support the striker ffs

Team needs to get a grip that Defoe is a completely different striker to Morelos. Punting up long balls to him isn't going to be as effective as it would be with Morelos. Also Arfield has been a ghost for the 2nd straight match, we need him more than normal without Morelos and i can hardly even tell you when Arfield has been in the picture, like he's hiding behind a Killie player all the time. Shite match so far

Broadfoot had the ball going towards his face so we're lucky it was even a penalty

Says it all that Tav takes pens and not anybody who is supposed to be an attacker because they're not creative

Our players are taking about 3 touches to control the ball, they seem unable to play any kind of football on this surface . Kilmarnock in general just lump it forward 9/10 times..

As much as Defoe is an excellent finisher, he's not a lone striker by any means.

You’re right - he’s not, which makes me wonder why we continue to punt long high balls up to him. Poor tactic to be honest! Should’ve played lafferty if that was our plan!

How Craigan can say both teams will be pleased going in to half time. We've been too slow with the play letting them get back when we should be breaking at pace and playing to Defoe's strengths, not playing like we have Morelos on.

This pitch forces a direct style. Means Kent cant be just as influential as he normally is. Defoe does not provide the outball we need on his own. We need to get Lafferty onto the pitch and play off him. I would go to a flat 442. Play direct and back up the second ball. Not pritty but it is never going to be on that shitty pitch

If we go a flat 442 we will get murdered in midfield.

The two wide men aren't having the best game which means no quality of supply to Defoe which he needs.
Killie's defensive set up is very good when they don't have the ball, they work hard to get it back.
We have built our way back in after a poor first 10 mins but this could go either way.
I'd take a replay now if offered.

I’d agree Lafferty up front with Defoe would see us more of a threat in attack but I wouldn’t want to lose a man in midfield. 3-5-2 would be the way to go against this mob.

McGregor

McCrorie Goldson Worrall

Tav Jack Arfield Halliday

Kent

Defoe Lafferty

Our players are shouting at the ref even when he's making the right call because their morale is sapped with no creativity

What the fück do you have to do to get a red. 10x worse than what Alfredo just got 3 match ban for.

giphy.gif

Even that bitter, bitter, bitter, ugly, John Merrick's ugly gig brother Dick Gordon said that Broadfoot should be off.

btw, was Dick Gordon raised in Chernobyl?

Ally Ally Ally...what the fck are you talking about?
Broadfoots handball wasn't deliberate?
He saved it with both hands ffs!

How is a ball going right towards the bottom corner not a goal scoring opportunity

I would bring on Steven Davis for Scott Arfirld as I don’t think that he is contributing anything.
We need to keep competing in midfield.
It might even be worth bringing on big Laff So that some of the long balls can be held up.

Even Sutton agrees that Power should have been off. That should be a retrospective ban for dangerous play.

I can't actually believe how pathetic and poor our officials are.

Teams like Liverpool and City have wingers who can dribble by people and hit low crosses that are accurate or else hit shots and score and we're light years behind them just on that level alone with our long balls to Defoe

Back