Match Thread Kilmarnock v Rangers - 17:15 Saturday - Premier Sports

It’s like a war, this game. Very little attractive football. But we are battling I’m showing we can.
It’s not a good watch..

Our passing is dreadful and seems to be getting worse it’s a major concern imo and it’s causing us to allow teams to dominate midfield

I must admit i have a lot of sympathy for the players, manager etc, its not been very good to watch but its amazing what we are up against.

Mongo pitch, opposition that are more like some sort of rugby side and a ref that has obv spent a lot of time watching big Thomson doing our games. Worry is that one of our side gets frustrated and is red carded thats how these corrupt refereeing tactics work.

Dreadful half. Not even half the team we are when Alfie plays without him. Need to up it massively if we want to stay in the cup tonight.

Not a good performance lads. Need to up our game massively in the 2nd half.

The crosses coming into the box are actually decent - trouble is we don't have anyone in there to take advantage so there is little point in doing it. Something that would have suited Lafferty more than Defoe.

Longer this stays at 0-0 you just know that we’ll become the nervy team holding on for a replay.

Candieas couldn’t cross the road the night.

Arfield needs to take more control, Candeias and Tav need to get a grip of their crossing as it is woeful today.

I’d get Lafferty on for Arfield.

The ball is not sticking up top at all and if we are going to continue to hump it long I’d at least like to see some height up there.

Broadfoot and Power should both be off.

Broadfoot stopped a shot on target with both hands, it's a red card all day long, denying a goal scoring opportunity.

Power studs into Jack's face - red card.

Broadfoot then elbows Defoe in the face and gets away scot free.

We look a one man team at the moment, toothless without Alfredo

Go and prove me wrong Rangers.

terrible so far.

defoe being wasted with this long ball pish, mccrorie very poor, none of the midfield three willing to run at or pass past players - resorting to speculative punts towards a very small striker....

SG better go through them at half time.

I know their chances have came from the ref overlooking a dive and a handball but this is a shocking game quality wise even from them.

These pitches should be banned

Broadfoot should have had 3 bookings so far fcking shocking

We badly lack a creative midfielder. We’re so pedestrian. Arfield needs to get involved more in the second half.

What a woeful performance first half, I expected more from us, they look more composed than we do.

We started to make our way into the game and were battling just as much as they were, still confident we’ll get a goal or two in the 2nd half

Not seeing the game but, from the radio, we seem to be really struggling in midfield. We badly need someone there who can actually hold the ball and create. Without Morelos, we have no one that the ball sticks to.

Our first signing of the summer has to be a genuine quality midfielder, no matter what is happening with Alfie.

And, for those who still doubt Alfie’s ability, we are seeing again just how much he elevates us.

We have been absolutely awful, no point in saying otherwise. The only positive that we aren’t behind.

We have been average at worst. Absolutely awful to me suggests we are getting beaten - and getting beaten comfortably. This is an average performance and easily one that could still end up in an away win in the second toughest game we could play domestically on current form.

For all the moaning we should be 1 up on a joke of a pitch and they should be down to 10 after Power’s ridiculous challenge on Jack. Red bottled it. Jesus wept the studs were above his ear ffs.

Back