Rangers keeper Allan McGregor loses SFA appeal bid

This is the thing too, the refs are getting f***ed over with this bitch as well. They are questioning their decisions too...well mostly if it involves us
exactly,and now refs will book or send us off for next to %^*& all now because they'll be that scared to let us away with anything! this all stinks to %^*&! absolute disgrace,our fans need to do something,%^*& waiting on the club!

they probably want Gordon as the No1 so it wouldn't matter to them. Would be hilarious to watch them get pumped over and over again with crap like him in goal though
Apparently Bain is one of the players to take Scotland forward, according to a couple articles a few weeks ago.

I don't think you will have many who disagree with you in regards to Allan being lucky to get away with the challenge at the time.

I think what people on here have a problem with is not that our players are getting punished for selected incidents, but that others are getting away for similar or worse incidents.
So, every time a goalkeeper goes for a ball with a straight leg, whether he connects or not, this should be a red card and a penalty. ;) Time to leave the refereeing to the referees, they are imperfect but the Compliance Officer is just making things worse.

Again, this is where we miss a strong unified supporters voice.

There are some things the Club cannot say. But the supporters can. Unfortunately we’re unable to do that.

A number of things we bring upon ourselves.

There are only 3 options available, as far as I can see.

1. Accept decision publicly, and state our displeasure in private.
  2. Issue a public statement condemning the decision and process.
  3. Take it to the Court of Arbitration for Sport.
There’s not one of these options that I personally find more desirable than the others but I can’t see any others.

Accepting the decision without mention will leave many feeling aggrieved. Another statement will most likely achieve nothing, and the third option will appear like a huge overreaction, which if unsuccessful may only weaken our position further in future cases.

I wish there was a simple answer of, ‘this is what we should do’ but I can’t see it. All I know is that this cannot continue the way it is currently operating.
option 3 for me

We are now dangerously moving towards a time where potentially causing serious harm or head injury does not receive any sort of punishment at all. The referees job is to protect all players on the field. That has been blatantly ignored with Brown, Simunovic, McGinn and Power. These are the inconsistencies which create frustration.
McGregor's challenge for me was 50/50 whether he could have received red or not. The worst part of the whole thing was the fact Madden clearly sees the incident and therefore the SFA have broken their own rule to cite McGregor.

Within Auchenhowie and Ibrox, these incidents(Morelos and McGregor bans) need to be used positively to provide further motivation to our squad to succeed this season and go on to win the league.

No one likes us, we don't care.

Also worth pointing out McGregor is earning a reputation of leaving a bit in in one to ones. He has got off with a few dubious moments and should take a think about it.

Enough bias against us without making it easy for them

This would be a valid point but for the obvious fact that they don’t need any excuse to show their bias and hammer us for %^*& all.

One of our players got sent off for the offence of being put in a headlock by an opponent a matter of weeks ago ffs, it’s naked corruption by an association run by Celtic for Celtic.

Gary McAllister made a really good point about this the other day; clearly this was most probably disregarded when the decision was made to ban Alan, and subsequently on appeal. There may be a wider issue here that reflects on McAllister's view of the incident; about what goalkeepers do when they go down for a ball, and how they protect themselves. I would be interested if Alan's appeal was based on similar to Gary's point the other day.

I'm totally enraged here....... bobby midden saw it , what the f@ck are we appealing. If we keep up this nonsense , we'll be worse than the Sellick mob ... I'm f@ckin raging at our clubs stupidity seriously

So, every time a goalkeeper goes for a ball with a straight leg, whether he connects or not, this should be a red card and a penalty. ;) Time to leave the refereeing to the referees, they are imperfect but the Compliance Officer is just making things worse.
Has to be highlighted every time.

Intent is now established as being there purely by having the leg in that position.

Time to make these bastards reap what they have sown.

Would C1872 take it on, both as shareholders and supporters group, to send an email with a gif/clip of every incident after each game, accompanied by a press release stating that the following incidents have been highlighted for consideration by the compliance officer. Publicly call them out. Of course Keevins, Stewart etc will sneer, but if they had been doing their jobs properly it would be unnecessary.

I think it would only take a month of doing so for the whole Compliance Officer thing to quietly disappear.

I'm totally enraged here....... bobby midden saw it , what the f@ck are we appealing. If we keep up this nonsense , we'll be worse than the Sellick mob ... I'm f@ckin raging at our clubs stupidity seriously
He saw it and didn't deem it a foul, let alone a red card and 2 game ban.

Why didn't he give a foul or send him off then? Not the brightest are you?

I actually thought they would have let this ludicrous decision go to try to make them look a bit more balanced but no, we’ve gone through the looking glass.

Corrupt to the core.

Football at any level goalkeepers come out like Shagger did,I played a lot of football when I was young and you would hurdle the goalie in situations like that,now you will see players not pulling out on goalies looking for penalties or sending offs.
A can off worms has been opened here be fun how it plays out.

Why didn't he give a foul or send him off then? Not the brightest are you?

IMO he never thought it was a red at the time and took the easy way out after the event by saying he never saw it.

At least Beaton had the courage to stick by his decisions after the game on the 29th.

Madden has cowed to the pressure here.

You're right. I should be coming up with what Rangers should do. Is this the kind of attitude that keeps Rangers sitting there doing absolutely nothing.

Firstly they should make it clear the decision was a disgrace. It was not worthy of a card never mind a 2 match ban. Morelos' "stamp" wasn't worthy of a yellow card and he's ended up with a 3 match ban. One of players genuinely had his life put in danger by a fellow pro who took no consideration before a high foot went right into Jack's head. Nothing happens to Powers. In fact, he was raging that it was even pointed out at the time - kicking someone in the head is OK.

So...Just another statement then?

The SFA says they don't want any criticism of referees.

Then they come out with a retrospective punishment that completely demolishes Madden's credibility!

Jack was our form player last season and got targeted

This year, it's Morelos, Candieas and McGregor. The press are now trying to start on Defoe for diving. Watch that one grow legs if he starts a scoring run

And the club says nothing

Why do we even bother? It's about calming everyone down at the moment. We've had the rub of the green with rescinded red cards and penalties going our way while other teams and a certain mahanky mob feeling that the world is against them. So now balance has been restored we get hauled over the coals while others get off scott free.
Look, a new poster. Shouldn't that be 88 in your username?

https://www.eveningtimes.co.uk/news...lan-mcgregor-loses-sfa-appeal-bid/?ref=twtrec

By Christopher Jack @Chris_Jack89 21 mins ago
RANGERS keeper Allan McGregor will serve a two-game ban after losing his Scottish FA appeal case today.

SportTimes understands the 36-year-old has been unsuccessful in his attempts to reverse the punishment that was offered by Compliance Officer Clare Whyte.

McGregor attended a hearing at Hampden to put forward his case after being cited for a challenge on Lewis Ferguson during Rangers’ win over Aberdeen at Pittodrie.
But boss Steven Gerrard will now be without his first choice keeper for matches Saturday’s clash with St Johnstone in the Premiership and the Scottish Cup fifth-round replay against Kilmarnock last week.
https://www.change.org/p/scottish-f...gE38CCIUXZK34NlWTY436ZKLh0j4soUSMR8GwhyHLNhpM

I'm not sure what good a Club statement would do. There needs to be some teeth to any action we take.

I wonder if the threat of a judicial review (Court of Session) of the compliance process for fairness and consistency might work.

I think a few of us on here were wrong in thinking that Morelos got done and McGregor was there to make up numbers. I can't fathom how he has been banned.

yeah the ref didn't see it eh?

Xweldcs.jpg

Absolute farce.
Speak out now Rangers.
Yes, talk and action required. We need to take down this corrupt regime.

Fuuck the days of mealy mouthed pish, we need to be directly naming clubs, players and individuals and exploring any and all routes out of this shitehole. It only holds us back.

WTF are you even talking about? Yes, Madden saw it and took no action, hence our club appealed it. The stupidity would be accepting a ban that they feel was handed out unjustly!

I have never been a fan but I wouldn't mind us starting to push on VAR and the requirement and need for it in this country to obtain parity.

Money is one of the few things likely to see shock change culture of sorts in that the idea of spending money will likely make the SFA shit them self and possibly be more pragmatic in their decision making.

it arrests control of decision if it comes in and removes a lot of ambiguity as to why decisions are made.
I agree with this. We need VAR and professional referees too.

You don’t have a scooby

Can we demand an explanation from wee Clare on her decision?

Overruling a referee when he was looking right at the incident. She clearly thinks she knows more about these issues than our referees.

She needs to be brought to task on this and give an explanation.

This exactly.

Here is a lawyer overruling a fifa grade referee. She knows better....like %^*& she does.

A laughing stock and shambolic situation. Our game is ran by incompetents and amateurs.

Back