Match Thread Rangers v St Johnstone - 15:00 Saturday - RangersTV.tv

This will be a much harder game than people think.

McGregor unavailable. Morelos unavailable. Defoe and Lafferty doubts.

St Johnstone are one of the best teams in the league when it comes to wasting a game. Time wasting, spoiling tactics, tactical fouls to break up the game. A whistle happy cunt in Steven MacLean in the middle of that who's the perfect ref for those type of tactics. They'll put 10 men behind the ball, defend for their lives and lump the ball into the channels for O'Halloran to chase for the counter attack.

I expect an ugly, frustrating, stop start game.

We'll need to grind out the win by hook or by crook. Really important we stay with the players today and don't start moaning and groaning.

We've won 3 on the bounce in the league. If we keep that going today - with Hamilton and Dundee next - we've a good chance of making that 6 wins on the spin in the League. That's the kind of form we need if we want to stay alive in the title race.

Just about to head off for the game .

I’ve got a feeling this is going to be a grind . Could be a case of 1-0 and not a game we will enjoy .

St Johnstone are one of the best teams in the league when it comes to wasting a game. Time wasting, spoiling tactics, tactical fouls to break up the game. A whistle happy cunt in Steven MacLean in the middle of that who's the perfect ref for those type of tactics. They'll put 10 men behind the ball, defend for their lives and lump the ball into the channels for O'Halloran to chase for the counter attack.

We'll need to grind out the win by hook or by crook. Really important we stay with the players today and don't start moaning and groaning.

We've won 3 on the bounce in the league. If we keep that going today - with Hamilton and Dundee next - we've a good chance of making that 6 wins on the spin in the League. That's the kind of form we need if we want to stay alive in the title race.

the way around all that is to start at pace and get the game won

If Defoe is fit that is a massive boost but it's still going to be a tough afternoon, patience will be needed bears

Can't get down to the game, have to work on a Saturday, will be watching on tv.
Good luck Rangers, all who attend enjoy.

If both are fit I think Lafferty playing 'inside left', give Barisic freedom of the left side, and Kent as the attacking mid could be a shout.

Definitely need more players around Defoe.

Mebude is a striker. He will hopefully be on the bench and get his cameo appearance later in the game.

Mebude isn’t a striker. He’s a small winger. He will be cover on bench and still v young.

If both Defoe and Laff don’t make it, Kent will play through middle

Spot on.

Just with Morelos out we’re not the same team so I’d take any sort of win this afternoon.

Mon the Gers, just do it.

No game is ever easy for us these days, but I expect a comfortable victory today.

Mon the Gers, just do it.

Back