League done?

We have to ask the question why the Mhanks beat St Johnston with ease a couple of weeks ago, 5-0.
What is different?
Do St Johnstone have a different mentality when they play us, compared to when they play the Scum?
Or do we just not have the movement and quality sharp passing in the final third?
It seems like the latter.
Of course they do a team filled with a majority of mentally challenged bastards aren't exactly going to give the same effort playing them as playing us. Some of them defended today as if their life depended on it compared to the meek surrender of the last fortnight by them.
Nothing but cheating scum, the Aberdeen of 2019

It’s over, don’t see enough from this team to convince me they actually want it themselves.
Was at the game today and yet another gutless display at home. We were lucky to come away with 1 point against a team, that offered nothing, but came closest to scoring.

That’s the league over for me. Think it was always going to be a step to far this year. Unless we can become more consistent and they have a collapse there is almost zero chance of a title win. Even if they drop points tomorrow I just feel that our inconsistent form will be enough to ensure they win it again.

Far too many stupid dropped points against poor opposition. We’re stuttering to a 2nd place finish. Realistically the best we could hope for was closing the gap this season. Can only hope for better next season.

Unfortunately that was one poor result too many. Any chance of us winning the league relied on us winning every remaining game after the Kilmarnock league game. So today we can say leave is over.

Of course it's gone. Victory & a good performance on 29 Dec gave us some hope, but was quickly followed by producing a horror show at Killie. Today's horror show is the clincher IMO - even if Killie win tomorrow.

We have way too many results like today in us, and it doesn't take much for absolute garbage to surface.

In addition, the furore around Alfie & the 4 penalties has worked a treat, with the wee man suspended & a stonewaller denied today. Job done...

The manager was scathing in his post-match comments, but he didn't seem too willing to shoulder any of the blame. Sure he has improved us, but he has improved us from rank rotten to bang average. We are nowhere near being title contenders, and that was the primary reason he was given the job.

Davis and Lafferty look like just another two, set to join the long list of those who prove correct, the old premise that one should never look back to try and move forward.

Defoe looks set to join that other long list, of those who crossed the border northwards with a big reputation, but who returned south with very little to show for all the hype. See Barton, Juninho, Kranjcar, Gravesen, Alves, Keane ..... et al.

Far too many times already this season, we've put in half-hearted, insipid performances that lack fight and determination to get the job done. Our performance on the 29th of December was one of the best of the season, but we need a team that is capable of turning in performances like that every other game - not once or twice a season.

Some players in that team look like they believe that the hard work was done, when we beat the mentally challengeds. What they seem to have missed, is that that game was only the start of the hard work. Nothing is handed out in December, and if they don't waken very quickly from their slumber, nothing will be handed out in June either. For a club the size of Rangers FC, that is simply unacceptable and it should serve as a wake up call for the manager too.

The game against Dundee up there set the alarm bells ringing for me but the Kilmarnock game killed it. The team continue to fail to deliver. If this was ANYONE other than SG we would be having the discussion about whether or not he has the tactical nous to win. Really disappointed today.

Yeah League over, and by the way things are going we won't be winning it next year either, sadly. Fucking shambles.

Tbh i went into this season not expecting to win the league. I think thats for next year. I wanted one of the other trophies and to beat the filth a couple of times. Its frustrating as %^*&.Because as rangers supporters we are used to being top of the pile. We have to win the Scottish cup now finish a strong second (i know thats unacceptable to some) then see what next season brings. I honestly think Gerrard given time (a commodity that you dont get managing rangers) will get it right. But we need to sign more permanent players and less loans imo.

It was done in the 1st half of the season when their away form was abysmal and we still couldn’t get ahead of them because ours was worse.

I felt we’d blown it when we drew with Hibs in December. We got a reprieve and a real glimmer of hope when we beat the mentally challengeds, but all the hope was sucked away when we lost to Kilmarnock.
Today just puts a lid on it; we drop far too many points on a consistent basis to be genuine title contenders this season.
I’d love to be wrong, but we’ve gone and handed the mentally challengeds a massive incentive to go to Rugby Park and win tomorrow knowing that they would be in a very strong position to win the league. I’m gutted tonight.

100% it’s over - we dont look capable of winning every game remaining, sad to say some of our players lack the necessary backbone

I would gladly be wrong but I do believe its over after today's game and the Killie game.
I watched the st Johnstone game against the scum and they never tried an inch and today pressed and closed Down all over the pitch , no surprise.

Their manager is no chump no matter what the football managers on here say, he knows our glaring deficiencies, they got what they came for & were unfortunate not to leave with all three points deserved or otherwise.

Another false Dawn. It’s going to take massive improvement in players or a lot of luck to win a title imo

It was never really on. Our form has been the same all season. We are still cultivating a loser mentality as this team can’t handle one pascal of pressure. SG has improved us but the bar was low. Imho we are still a bang average SPL team and a fair distance from the league.

Our form has been the same all season, we're still cultivating a loser mentality & we're still a bang average spfl team but you say SG has improved us even though the bar was low.

What improvement do you actually see?

Ftr i can't see it

Can’t win a league with no consistency!! The whole season tells you that!! Not went on a decent run in the league!!
Again this tells the squad is not up to challenging bottle merchants the lot of them. Afraid to say wat I’ve saw of Defoe n Davis looks as if there legs are away.
4-3-3 failed to often when teams sit in management really need to take a serious look at this to many points dropped.

The bheggars could lose their next 5 league games and we still wouldn't win the league.

We had the chance to apply pressure and bottled it, again. The bheggars won't slip up tomorrow and even if they do, who really cares. We are dreadful.

For as piss poor as they are, they are on course for back to back to back trebles, whilst we talk a good game (well we don't even do that).

Watch expectations and standards slip even further as the realisation of yet another failed season sinks in.

Mhanks win tomorrow and it’s done. We just aren’t good enough. We used to create loads of chances and struggle to score. Today we weren’t even creating chances. They had better chances second half.

Said to fella who sat next seat to me for years before a ball was kicked “ do you think we are going to win the league and a reply was yes definitely “ but my thoughts are and it pains me drastically to say it but they are stronger all over the park apart from mcgregor and Alfie ... and all through the game I got from him was we are shit , we are hopeless, we are clueless.... he isn’t wrong it’s just that what we have aren’t good enough plain and simple ....

Honestly league done? Yes it is. Let’s forget about titles and cups and build the team player by player and then worry about cups and titles, we are still a mess. For me we are still 7-8 first team players away from the title. Maybe McGregor, McCrorie and Morelos and that is it is Championship winning players. The rest are dreaming.

Back