Gerrard reaction

Those who are saying he's a shite manager, enlighten us as to how you'd have broke down that team today with the exact same players as your disposal. Too many players had a shite game, and by the sounds of it Gerrard is sick of people bottling it.

Whilst I didn't say he was a sh*te manager, I will say one thing, I wouldn't have played Defoe as a lone striker and even if i did, I would have changed it a lot earlier as it was obviously not working.

It’s the players who can’t do it constiently that’s the problem. How many players do we have that have consistently performed this season? Only Morelos, Goldson and McGregor but of course somehow that’s the managers fault.

9 of the managers signings featured today. Not one St. Johnstone player would get in our team, the bheggars smashed them 5-0 last week at a they were on the back of 5 defeats.

Playing Davis and Defoe has shown weakness imo. They have not merited a start. Should have been brought up to speed in the reserves first.

I have one problem with the manager, chops and changes the team far too much, we need our best 11 on the park every week, barring illness, injury or suspension.

Whilst I didn't say he was a sh*te manager, I will say one thing, I wouldn't have played Defoe as a lone striker and even if i did, I would have changed it a lot earlier as it was obviously not working.
He wouldn't be isolated if everyone else done their job though. And I highly doubt it was Gerrard's intention to lump the ball up to him as if he's Peter Crouch.

Still fully behind Gerrard - was always going to take more than two transfer windows as he has had to rip it up and start again since taking over.

I do think though a few of his signings aren't good enough and we are going to have more activity in the summer window than he would have anticipated. How much of this is going to be paid for by the club I don't know - sale of Morelos and Tav to help assist?

Aside from consistency results wise it can be hard at times to see what a team with a Gerrard stamp on it actually plays like. Games like Celtic are then followed by performances where you wonder what the hell the players instructions have been pre match. It's amazing that a team can play like that against Celtic and then the exact same team can put in such terrible performances - that's down to both players and the manager.

At the end of the day we have a rookie manager that is still learning all the time and it really shows. Yes it's frustrating and really pisses you off at times.

It's obviously not going to happen this season but I do think that Gerrard is going to bring success to us once again.

He wouldn't be isolated if everyone else done their job though. And I highly doubt it was Gerrard's intention to lump the ball up to him as if he's Peter Crouch.

He was isolated partly due to our system & St Johnstone's tactics. Its Gerrards job to identify when a supposed game plan isn't working and make positive changes.

He wasted at least the first 60mins playing the wrong tactics and system.

It’s not all about that no but the lack of urgency today for a must win game was alarming.

We have no one driving the team on in those situations.
Good point about no one driving on the team. I know that he has obvious limitations but always feel that more urgency is displayed when Halliday is on the park.

I have one problem with the manager, chops and changes the team far too much, we need our best 11 on the park every week, barring illness, injury or suspension.
We’ve basically played 2 games a week all season, it’s near impossible to consistently play our best 11 every single game.

He signed quite a few of those players out there today.
I expected us to have these types of performances based on his signings, young guys who have played barely any football especially at Ibrox.What I didn’t expect is players like Tavernier and Candeias putting in one good performance every 4 games.

Those who are saying he's a shite manager, enlighten us as to how you'd have broke down that team today with the exact same players as your disposal. Too many players had a shite game, and by the sounds of it Gerrard is sick of people bottling it.

Isn’t he responsible for the players / squad ? He signed most of them.

We needed an attaching midfielder he signed x2 guys near 40 I really don’t get it all

He's going to lose the dressing room if he continues to hang them out to dry. It always only ends one way when any manager slates the players. No matter how bad they are you've always got to bum them up or you pay the price.

I expected us to have these types of performances based on his signings, young guys who have played barely any football especially at Ibrox.What I didn’t expect is players like Tavernier and Candeias putting in one good performance every 4 games.

Davis, Defoe & Lafferty are all his signings. None of which actually fit the system which Gerrard favours.

And the run in Europe could well finance some of this summers signings.

You still need a tactically aware manager though. One that has a plan b, can make game defining changes, knows his best 11, gets the best out of players, a reaction...

Not just speaks a great game, is a top bloke and a footballing icon.

I don't bother watching post match interviews anymore.

When we win it's "We need to go on a run now" then we lose and it's the usual shite.

No a game plus today.....slow eye bleeding fitba. Much more urgency, directness required. Wide men need to do so much better and be more direct. How do you beat teams sitting in? ...wingers required with speed and confidence to beat their man......on to the replay, expect a reaction, there has to be. I think a few will be out the door end of the season. We also have to win the home games against the dross like today. Not over yet by a long chalk....

I'm not sure it was anything to do with formations ,it was more to do with lack of urgency , lack of desire and will to win .

Like it or not ,it is his job to instill that in his players and it has been lacking in too many games this season .
Yes I think he picked a reasonable formation but their is no guts in our players for a fight so what can he do except plan for next season for players who have desire, picking and blaming certain players now is going to turn the dressing room against him ffs.

I don't bother watching post match interviews anymore.

When we win it's "We need to go on a run now" then we lose and it's the usual shite.
To be honest I don't see the interviews because I am not in my living room watching it I am at Ibrox and never home on time, sure in the knowledge that the armchair fans will put me right.

You still need a tactically aware manager though. One that has a plan b, can make game defining changes, knows his best 11, gets the best out of players, a reaction...

But that takes time. We've obviously progressed this season. Some have unrealistic expectations and when they aren't matched, the unjustified criticism begins.

I'm not sure why anyone gets agitated by post-match interviews. It seems some would prefer him to talk like a poster on a message-board.

Yes I think he picked a reasonable formation but their is no guts in our players for a fight so what can he do except plan for next season for players who have desire, picking and blaming certain players now is going to turn the dressing room against him ffs.
Don't expect him to pick or blame but that doesn't absolve him of the responsibility of getting more out of what he has got.

Maybe you are right ,maybe there are just too many in the squad who don't have the minerals for it.

I sat and watched time and time again long high balls played up from the defence to Defoe who is never going to win anything in the air against 6ft 4in defenders, play the ball into his feet it's not fucking rocket science or play it in behind the defence for him to run onto, but to be fair we haven't got a midfielder that can play the killer, defence splitting pass.

2 up front would be nice but I think S/G trusts lafferty as much as we do.
When your up against a packed defence then sometimes you got to go for the high ball in to area, lafferty gives us that option, we haven't got creative midfielders to break down teams.

Its all becoming a bit tedious. It's like Groundhog Day with Pedro and Warburton.
He's complained about the workload of too many games. The first time we have a full week to prepare, we roll up like its a preseason friendly.

I sat and watched time and time again long high balls played up from the defence to Defoe who is never going to win anything in the air against 6ft 4in defenders, play the ball into his feet it's not fucking rocket science or play it in behind the defence for him to run onto, but to be fair we haven't got a midfielder that can play the killer, defence splitting pass.

I’m not sure Defoe has the pace for the ball behind either mate.

It’s all fine and well blaming the players but the same formation over and over again that hasn’t worked doesn’t help. (we can’t win 3 or 4 games in a row) our subs always seem to be sub a winger for another winger and hope it works.

In his book, he spoke about Liverpool's signings post Suarez, he stated he knew in the first week of training that some of them weren't good enough and that they wouldn't make it. Some because of physicality and some mentally.
I wonder what he really thinks of some of this bunch.

The manager is my man still 100%,but every teams basic team talk 1st basic strategy at Ibrox is,,,when we DONT have the ball,get every player BEHIND the ball, and let’s see what they can do!,,,,,

The players CAN do it. We've seen it multiple times this season. I get his frustration, not saying he is immune to criticism either. Our problem lies within the middle of the park. I think we need 2 arfield types with either McCrorie or Jack. I also think Kamara has the ability to be a more attacking player for sure.

For highlighting his weaknesses?

Don't dare talk about it or you'll be labelled a hater, a bheggar...

I remember you being as excited as the rest of us when SG arrived.

You seem to have made up your mind earlier than most. I'm not saying that you are wrong, I'm just wondering why?

Results apart (I know, I know), we seem to have a coaching staff and footballing department in better shape than we've had for decades.

Surely we see this through for a year or two, we really can't rip it up and start again (again).

I'm not sure it was anything to do with formations ,it was more to do with lack of urgency , lack of desire and will to win .

Like it or not ,it is his job to instill that in his players and it has been lacking in too many games this season .

And to instill a sense of responsibility in the players. Too many pass the buck to someone else. We saw a classic today, Davis gets the ball on the 18 yard box and instead of having a shot passed the ball wide right and the chance was lost. We play too many square and backward balls.

Back