League's done for the season. Time to regroup for Phase 2 of the Gerrard era

Tbf, to Gerrard, he'll never have witnessed in his entire football career the endless negative nonsense that surrounds our club. The mhedia demanding his players banned every other week for something. Even Defoe must be wondering what he's got himself into when he's barely here for a week and they're wanting him cited to the Compliance Officer for diving. Its utter lunacy. Gerrard just can't be allowed just to get on with his job.

That's not what's holding us back though. The players are simply not good enough and if we are being honest SG has brought in at least 4 players either on big fees or wages who are not looking likely to deliver. If we even got half of that right we'd be in a much stronger position.

So if we don’t win a trophy this year you’d get rid? Well I hate to point this out but it’s highly unlikely we’re winning a trophy this year

There is no point of getting rid of manager after manger
It should NOT be highly unlikely. That's the point. We have a wage bill way higher than everyone outwith the scum. We were put out the League Cup by a shit sheep side in Glasgow. If any team outwith the scum deny us the Scottish Cup surely that is unacceptable.
I listened to SG after the game maul his players. He fecking signed all the failures ffs. As much as I craved SG to be a success I have always been consistent on here in stating we are way to big a club for a rookie at anytime far less when those cvnts are so close to ten. I hate the fact my fears are looking real.

Our inconsistency has killed our chances this season and I can’t help but think we had a good opportunity to take this the distance at least.

So far under Gerrard it has been a mixed bag, good moments and one’s to forget.

Europe - superb, massive strides forward

League Cup - woeful performance against the Sheep in the semi final

League form - far too inconsistent, good to beat them at Ibrox, but nothing to build on after it

Scottish Cup - massive night on Wednesday. Lose and it’s a disaster

Transfer Dealings - so far it looks like money wasted on Grezda, Barasic and Lafferty. January signings have hardly hit the ground running either but will need to judge this fully at the end of the season

We may need to buy 3 forward players next season,
If Alfie leaves and we continue with 4-3-3 then for it to work it’ll need to be 3 that can score goals,

It should NOT be highly unlikely. That's the point. We have a wage bill way higher than everyone outwith the scum. We were put out the League Cup by a shit sheep side in Glasgow. If any team outwith the scum deny us the Scottish Cup surely that is unacceptable.
I listened to SG after the game maul his players. He fecking signed all the failures ffs. As much as I craved SG to be a success I have always been consistent on here in stating we are way to big a club for a rookie at anytime far less when those cvnts are so close to ten. I hate the fact my fears are looking real.
We’ve had a ridiculously difficult draw tbh. Tims have had it easy other than being drawn away to Hibs.

It’s not a given we’re going to get past both Killie and Aberdeen

That result today happens to often to even contemplate continuing with the title talk. We simply don't have it in us yet to sustain a full season challenge.

Today was absolutely dreadful. Kent and Kamara apart, I thought we were appalling outfield today. Constant long balls, constant overhit or underhit passes, constant hit and hope cross balls. It's simply not good enough. We started at a sluggish tempo and simply never got started.

The one thing I'm trying to tell myself is that the manager will now know who he can and can't rely on. Certain players were dreadful today for several reasons.

Barisic ? Talented without question but he simply doesn't have the mentality to play for us. He neither wants or takes any responsibility. Square balls inside or overhit crosses are the order of the day for him.

Davis ? He's either utterly done or hopelessly unfit. Either way we're fúcked and it's not good enough. If he continues this run of form then I'd have him nowhere near the team next season.

Candeias ? A tireless willing worker but his delivery is either sugar or shíŧe and far too often it's the latter. We need better than him in that position.

Positives ? Not many but I though Kamara had a fine debut. Strong in the tackle and very good passer of the ball. I thought he moved the ball at a zip that not many of our midfielders usually do.

A thoroughly rotten and miserable day. Wednesday is now absolutely massive. Lose that and the season is done.

Phase 2 will be interesting. How will he spend the Morelos money? If he had sold him last summer for say 8m, I'm not sure he'd still be in a job now. He's signed something like 15 players. I'd say four of them have been unquestionably successful. McGregor, Arfield, Goldson, Kent. Two of them practically signed before Gerrard did, one is on loan.

They win tomorrow and it’s 9 points. There’s nothing close about that.

The point is, he’s riding on “not as bad as Warburton and Pedro”, but the reality is if he was up against the Celtic sides the other two faced, he’d have been left in the dust a long time too.

It’s not a defence of the previous two managers, but a criticism of the current one, whose best players aren’t really his signings, and who is starting to make the same mistakes with alarming regularity. I like Gerrard, he seems like a good guy and he says all the right things, but I’m sick of talk, it needs to be converted to results.
8 points.

Phase 2 will be interesting. How will he spend the Morelos money? If he had sold him last summer for say 8m, I'm not sure he'd still be in a job now. He's signed something like 15 players. I'd say four of them have been unquestionably successful. McGregor, Arfield, Goldson, Kent. Two of them practically signed before Gerrard did, one is on loan.
You reckon Goldson is well you could not have been at Ibrox today in my opinion katic is and has been our best central defender all season

I agree he gets extra leeway because of who he is. We can’t change manager again at this stage though, we have no choice but now to run with it for another season anyway. The count down to their ten though is going to intensify the pressure from the norm.

On the signings, Barisic and Grezda have been huge disappointments thus far. They seem to be this years Mexicans, and we need a lot more from not just them, but given the money spent on them questions need asked.
Despite what the history books say, their ‘ten’ is a pile of steaming pish. It’s 3 and counting, although we need to sort it out.

Reactions: VGM
Despite what the history books say, their ‘ten’ is a pile of steaming pish. It’s 3 and counting, although we need to sort it out.

It won’t make it any less painful in my book, if it comes to pass.

I see where you’re coming from, but it wouldn’t be a comfort blanket if it were rammed down our throats from all those who despise our existence for years to come.

Gerrard gets away with murder purely because of his name imo

He is as much to blame as anyone else for our failure to put up a legitimate challenge. It's February and id say he still doesn't know his 11

4 mill spunked on Barasic and grezda

Only 3 pts better than we were this stage last season

If he wasn't Steven Gerrard would he see a phase 2?
If Candias, who I like, had buried that chance from the edge of the box, the whole story is different. One game.

This is down to the players not SG.

If Candias, who I like, had buried that chance from the edge of the box, the whole story is different. One game.

This is down to the players not SG.

That’s just a pile of bollocks though. The buck stops with the manager. They’re his players, and the best one was actually signed before he got here. The guys right, he gets away with a lot, and your post sort of proves his point, it’s just a lame excuse for the guy which compete ignores the fact that everything goes through the manager.

Gerrard’s the guy who sees fit to play Defoe up top and lump high balls and crossed into the box, so he can damn well take the blame.

And at the end of the day, his team, his set up, his responsibility to motivate the players and come up with a game plan. Where was the game plan today? I didn’t see any. Nearing the end of the game we should be putting them under at lot of pressure at the very least, we should have been peppering their goal was efforts, but instead it was completely comfortable for them and once again we never deviated from the predictable shite we served up from the first whistle. That’s on the manager.

That’s just a pile of bollocks though. The buck stops with the manager. They’re his players, and the best one was actually signed before he got here. The guys right, he gets away with a lot, and your post sort of proves his point, it’s just a lame excuse for the guy which compete ignores the fact that everything goes through the manager.

Gerrard’s the guy who sees fit to play Defoe up top and lump high balls and crossed into the box, so he can damn well take the blame.

And at the end of the day, his team, his set up, his responsibility to motivate the players and come up with a game plan. Where was the game plan today? I didn’t see any. Nearing the end of the game we should be putting them under at lot of pressure at the very least, we should have been peppering their goal was efforts, but instead it was completely comfortable for them and once again we never deviated from the predictable shite we served up from the first whistle. That’s on the manager.
You’re missing my point, today was awful. But had DC scored with that chance I’m talking about, we are 3 behind the vermin. And no one would really have given a fuq.

Pedro's Disciples on here with the knives out for Gerrard you couldn't make this shit up. Clueless fkn buffoons.

He’s not exactly making a good job of our league campaign is he? Who are Pedro’s disciples?

Clueless is what I’d say Gerrard has been since Christmas.

You’re missing my point, today was awful. But had DC scored with that chance I’m talking about, we are 3 behind the vermin. And no one would really have given a fuq.

But he didn’t, and St Johnstone could easily have scored up the other end, and if yer aunty had baws etc etc.

I can easily turn around and say “but if he played Lafferty and didn’t make the mind numbingly daft decison to keep lumping crosses in to a 5’6” centre forward we could have won”. Get what I mean?

But he didn’t, and St Johnstone could easily have scored up the other end, and if yer aunty had baws etc etc.

I can easily turn around and say “but if he played Lafferty and didn’t make the mind numbingly daft decison to keep lumping crosses in to a 5’6” centre forward we could have won”. Get what I mean?
Yes mate I do. But if we go back to where this conversation started, I quoted a guy who said Gerrard gets away with murder. Way over the top.

You joined in at my response.

The pumping up to JD was ridiculous, I’m sure SG knows that, but it was clearly noted today the back lot had not a lot of options in front of them today.

Yes mate I do. But if we go back to where this conversation started, I quoted a guy who said Gerrard gets away with murder. Way over the top.

You joined in at my response.

The pumping up to JD was ridiculous, I’m sure SG knows that, but it was clearly noted today the back lot had not a lot of options in front of them today.

Okay fair enough, maybe it’s extreme to say he gets away with murder, but he gets too much leeway, no questions .

Earl was right when he said there’s almost no point criticising him because you’ll either be called daft names or you’ll just get a barrel load of excuses.

But yeah, I don’t see the guy learning from some of these mistakes. Even going beyond his starting line up and and “game plan” today, his subs were horrendous too. Bringing on an 18 year old speed merchant who thrives on space, in a match where we were up against a packed defence with no space. I’m desperate for Gerrard to be the one who brings 55, I really like him, the guy was a world class player, but that shouldn’t get him any slack for making decisions like he did today. The most frustrating part is the filth has dropped their level this season BIG TIME, they’ve been shite, and they’re still almost certainly going to take the league comfortably again.

Okay fair enough, maybe it’s extreme to say he gets away with murder, but he gets too much leeway, no questions .

Earl was right when he said there’s almost no point criticising him because you’ll either be called daft names or you’ll just get a barrel load of excuses.

But yeah, I don’t see the guy learning from some of these mistakes. Even going beyond his starting line up and and “game plan” today, his subs were horrendous too. Bringing on an 18 year old speed merchant who thrives on space, in a match where we were up against a packed defence with no space. I’m desperate for Gerrard to be the one who brings 55, I really like him, the guy was a world class player, but that shouldn’t get him any slack for making decisions like he did today. The most frustrating part is the filth has dropped their level this season BIG TIME, they’ve been shite, and they’re still almost certainly going to take the league comfortably again.
I’ve said similar elsewhere about the scum.

Our club, just now, is reliant on, in the main, one player. I know it’s easy to say just now but had we won today, with that chance for example by DC, it’s a totally different forum tonight.

We may need to buy 3 forward players next season,
If Alfie leaves and we continue with 4-3-3 then for it to work it’ll need to be 3 that can score goals,

If we play the 4-3-3 with no creative mid it’s imperative that the creativity and goals come from the wide players.

Our wide players don’t score or assist enough.

Another point is that as a three, they don’t link up all that well either. It was so disjointed today with them. Look at how the Liverpool front three play as a unit for comparison.

I’ve said similar elsewhere about the scum.

Our club, just now, is reliant on, in the main, one player. I know it’s easy to say just now but had we won today, with that chance for example by DC, it’s a totally different forum tonight.

Or if we lost it would be even worse.

Worst thing about this season is the filth were there for the taking. We absolutely fucked it for ourselves this season. We do not have a winning mentality. We dont have winners that know what it means other than ones just playing out their careers which is the sad fact of it. I wasn't for bringing lafferty back but we did so had to get behind him. Absolute fucking dross no matter what anyone says. he has brought %^*& all to us barring one night in europe which in the long run counted for %^*& all. We brought fucking Davis back for some unknown reason. People can go on all the want about him being class but at the end of the day he isn't really and that's the the fact of it. He wasn't even class the first time around and now he's back he offers us %^*& all as he is playing with players that are nowhere near the level he was playing with the first time around. If we were going to bring anyone of the ones that turned our back on us and let's not forget they fucking did in our time of trouble then the rat fucking naismith was the one we should have got as he is the type of player we needed. There has been major flaws in the type of players we have brought in and that's the horrible fact we need to deal with. Let downs. For me it's now a simple case of we must win the Scottish cup or this season will count as %^*& all but an absolute abject failure.

Saying Gerrard isn't getting enough crap because of his name is the new line FF is going to peddle for a while to try and make themselves sound smarter than others isn't it going by quite a few posts on here :rolleyes:. There will be growing pains with an inexperienced manager but it's clear some in our support dont have the patience for it. Wouldn't even say the league is over, Killie have done as well against them as anyone recently and if they get anything from it then worst case it's the same gap as it was going into the weekend with 2 more matches left against them

That result today happens to often to even contemplate continuing with the title talk. We simply don't have it in us yet to sustain a full season challenge.

Today was absolutely dreadful. Kent and Kamara apart, I thought we were appalling outfield today. Constant long balls, constant overhit or underhit passes, constant hit and hope cross balls. It's simply not good enough. We started at a sluggish tempo and simply never got started.

The one thing I'm trying to tell myself is that the manager will now know who he can and can't rely on. Certain players were dreadful today for several reasons.

Barisic ? Talented without question but he simply doesn't have the mentality to play for us. He neither wants or takes any responsibility. Square balls inside or overhit crosses are the order of the day for him.

Davis ? He's either utterly done or hopelessly unfit. Either way we're fúcked and it's not good enough. If he continues this run of form then I'd have him nowhere near the team next season.

Candeias ? A tireless willing worker but his delivery is either sugar or shíŧe and far too often it's the latter. We need better than him in that position.

Positives ? Not many but I though Kamara had a fine debut. Strong in the tackle and very good passer of the ball. I thought he moved the ball at a zip that not many of our midfielders usually do.

A thoroughly rotten and miserable day. Wednesday is now absolutely massive. Lose that and the season is done.
Absolutely spot on

I am sick of regrouping long before the season ends. It s a yearly ritual.
I feel the same, every game towards the end of the season is a dirge. Waiting for it to be over so we can get closer to next season. No end of season excitement for us.

Lose to Kilmarnock midweek and our season is over.

Saying Gerrard isn't getting enough crap because of his name is the new line FF is going to peddle for a while to try and make themselves sound smarter than others isn't it going by quite a few posts on here :rolleyes:. There will be growing pains with an inexperienced manager but it's clear some in our support dont have the patience for it. Wouldn't even say the league is over, Killie have done as well against them as anyone recently and if they get anything from it then worst case it's the same gap as it was going into the weekend with 2 more matches left against them
Celtic won the league today because we gave them it. Srsly mate, no point in even pretending there’s a title challenge now. It’s gone.

Celtic won the league today because we gave them it. Srsly mate, no point in even pretending there’s a title challenge now. It’s gone.
Dont think it will happen as we cant help ourselves but to say there's not a chance is a bit silly as long as its still in the 3-6 point gap

Dont think it will happen as we cant help ourselves but to say there's not a chance is a bit silly as long as its still in the 3-6 point gap
Assuming they win their GIH then it’s 8, which is too much at this point in the season. It would need a dramatic bottling for that lot to even think about it again.

League game are all about roughing it for 2nd now. Groundhog day

You reckon Goldson is well you could not have been at Ibrox today in my opinion katic is and has been our best central defender all season

I wasn't. Just watched on GersTV. Agreed he had a poor game today. Overall though I think he has been a good signing.

They dangled the carrot. They've been utter muck and given us hope.
What happens if they qualify for the champions league?
Morelos is also offski most likely.

Pffft

The fans need to hold back from others who may have different opinions.
This forum is notorius for deleting post which in my opinion masks the pish.

Gerrard wasn't my first choice but hes a winner. Can he take us to victory? Maybe

The problem is the board know the fans wont tolerate their mythical 10 in a row.

They're having to spend. We need to settle.

There's no basis for this opinion.

We've stayed in the mix until today with a pretty average side, there's an argument that this is only because the bheggars have been below par all season - bullshit. They are what they are, still the best in Scotland but a distinctly average team.

All the forecasts that it would take tens of millions to close 'the gap' have proven to be rubbish, it's taken about £6-8 million and a few loans and the team that's been assembled for that isn't even that impressive.

I think we have improved from last season , for very little outlay , however if the yahoo win yet another treble then the “ gap” you refer to is still there and we do require some decent spending on the squad to change it . We are not going to win the title with the current squad of players .

He’s just fucking started management. This ain’t like souness who had the greatest manager we’ve ever had calling the shots behind the scenes. He’s learning on the job.
But he is not learning that is the problem consistently making the same mistakes.
I don't think we will win anything under this management team hope to %^*& I am wrong .

They dangled the carrot. They've been utter muck and given us hope.
What happens if they qualify for the champions league?
Morelos is also offski most likely.

Pffft

The fans need to hold back from others who may have different opinions.
This forum is notorius for deleting post which in my opinion masks the pish.

Gerrard wasn't my first choice but hes a winner. Can he take us to victory? Maybe

The problem is the board know the fans wont tolerate their mythical 10 in a row.

They're having to spend. We need to settle.
Spending more money is the only way to get out of this mess. 10IAR is and always will be a doomsday scenario that we absolutely must avoid.

Gerrard gets away with murder purely because of his name imo

He is as much to blame as anyone else for our failure to put up a legitimate challenge. It's February and id say he still doesn't know his 11

4 mill spunked on Barasic and grezda

Only 3 pts better than we were this stage last season

If he wasn't Steven Gerrard would he see a phase 2?

Apologies if a similar response has been posted beforehand, this is the type of post that is all too prevalent after a poor result not just this season but over the last few.

Far too many posters think there is a magic elixir that will guarantee immediate success while clinging on to where we were 10/20 years ago.
Get this, we have came up through the divisions with many obstacles and issues in our way and for the third time we are looking for a regime change.
The only way we will gain stability and make constant strides forward is with an ethos and management willing to be able to see further than one season.
Patience is required, the manager and his backroom staff will produce what we require and expect, to demand it happens in one season is totally unrealistic. Back the team from backroom to players and all things Rangers and we will get what we desire. Steven Gerrard has put together to best staff and environment for us to make progress in the next couple of years. Sorry if you are not happy without immediate success but we are making massive strides forward no one can deny that we need time to build and progress we have all seen glimpses of what is possible.
I have no doubt that we will come good, not this season but very very soon.

onwards and upwards bears.

Apologies if a similar response has been posted beforehand, this is the type of post that is all too prevalent after a poor result not just this season but over the last few.

Far too many posters think there is a magic elixir that will guarantee immediate success while clinging on to where we were 10/20 years ago.
Get this, we have came up through the divisions with many obstacles and issues in our way and for the third time we are looking for a regime change.
The only way we will gain stability and make constant strides forward is with an ethos and management willing to be able to see further than one season.
Patience is required, the manager and his backroom staff will produce what we require and expect, to demand it happens in one season is totally unrealistic. Back the team from backroom to players and all things Rangers and we will get what we desire. Steven Gerrard has put together to best staff and environment for us to make progress in the next couple of years. Sorry if you are not happy without immediate success but we are making massive strides forward no one can deny that we need time to build and progress we have all seen glimpses of what is possible.
I have no doubt that we will come good, not this season but very very soon.

onwards and upwards bears.

With all due respect we shouldn’t have to wait 3 years back in the top flight to get a team that can take care of the st Johnstone’s, the livingstones and the Kilmarnocks. Our budget absolutely dwarves the rest bar the scum, we shouldn’t be pissing points away to the rest of the league with regularity.

We’ve been patient, it’s 3 years back in the SPL now, and the squad we have should be able to put these teams away.

A number nine or ten that can outjump statues we are up against most weeks.
Tav and Candies crosses yoomed in on their centre backs.
Building for next season should see Katic as a starter most games,not when / if we are out of everything.Win on wedensday a must.

I feel the same, every game towards the end of the season is a dirge. Waiting for it to be over so we can get closer to next season. No end of season excitement for us.

Lose to Kilmarnock midweek and our season is over.
Kilmarnock if we beat them and aberdeen away will tell you all you need to know about the management and players.

"I agree he gets extra leeway because of who he is"

Sorry but that is ridiculous. If it looks like he is not the right person he goes.
His signings and tactics are increasingly looking like he is not the right person.

We are too big a club to keep someone in a job solely because of who they are.

He fails to win a trophy he should go.
I think SG will be desperate to suceed here, he has a very expierenced guy in mcallister with him.
It is Scotland , so if he walked say next season then his credibility is damaged as a manager.
It would need to be a championship team etc , but in reality his plan to me would be 3 years here, get a league or 2 then liverpool.

Don’t think there’s anything I disagree with there. Lafferty should have started over Candeias, think he’ll be replaced in the summer. Barisic seemed to have no concentration, 3 times at least he wasn’t looking at the ball and it almost went out. Robbed at the Sheep game for their equaliser. Needs to sharpen up big, but willing to give him time to settle and understand what it means to be a Rangers player!

The Squad and team always needed much more work done to it. We are screaming for a creative player in the middle. Unfortunatly these players cant win enough football matches and that is worrying.
Ok teams play like its a cup final against us every week but still we should be beating Stjohnstone with any team we put out and its not good enough.
Gerrard has to work out why the players are not reacting to anything his coaching team are saying. To train all week and play like that yesterday is a puzzle.
And for god sake take the arm band of Tav who is never in any era a Rangers captain. Maybe of the park he is ok but on it when the team need him like yesterday he is not calling out enough players.

7 months, brand new squad, brand new backroom team, group stages of Europa, 2nd in the league, arguably a £3m striker now into double digit £, a right back and captain who could have gone for less than a £1m now worth £8m.

Terrible season, Gerrard should , etc etc etc.

We really do have a support full of spoiled brats.

It's a pity we can't fire supporters.

"I agree he gets extra leeway because of who he is"

Sorry but that is ridiculous. If it looks like he is not the right person he goes.
His signings and tactics are increasingly looking like he is not the right person.

We are too big a club to keep someone in a job solely because of who they are.

He fails to win a trophy he should go.

This is EXACTLY what will take us years to win the league again.

At some point we need to give a manager time, like minimum 2 full seasons time.

I think the one who got us to within one goal of the europa league last 32 and got us our first league win against celtic since our return to the top flight has shown enough to suggest we stick with him.

Back