Brown Tackle vs Broadfoot Tackle

Both reds but Browns reaction helped get broadfoot sent off if the killie player did the same by rolling about then mayb just mayb brown would have got red
No chance of him getting a red the refs are shitting themselves none more so than Madden, they must go home at night and think what they are doing surely some of them feel bad about it surely.

Doesn't help us to make a comparison in this case. Broadfoot deserved red all day long. Of course Brown should already have been off but it's probably better just to concentrate on the shit he repeatedly gets away with

How is it not a worthwhile comparison? Two almost identical offences but two completely different outcomes.

Broadfoots ‘tackle’ has Brown with his foot at exactly the same height, in fact he had two feet off the ground. They both effectively went for the ball and KB managed to make contact. I’ve seen yellows given for worse.

There no difference between them. It’s sickening. Even more sickening we’re supposed to just shut up and take it

Bit of me thinks on seeing the replay that the plastic pitch might’ve saved the Killie boy from a broken ankle. Looks like his foot is planted but slides with the contact. A studded boot into turf might’ve caught and not had the same give.

I see little difference between these two challenges other than the color of the card and of course Walker's opinion.
There was also a point in the first half I think Brown handled the ball. About 5 seconds later Killie got a free kick on the edge of the box and it was never revisited.
The gap is now 8 points and we can argue that Madden is indirectly (or directly) responsible for 4 of those.

Both probably yellows in my opinion. Don’t agree it’s the referees fault that rangers are 8 behind that’s clutching at straws. We are that far behind because we have slipped up time and time again and simply are second best at the minute. Celtic played st Johnstone last week , it was like a training game it could have been 10-0. Rangers managed 2 shots on target against them in 90 mins yesterday. We are just not good enough over the course to be winning the league this season.

Rubbish.

Brown went in studs up on a player with a planted foot, after the ball was gone.

Broadfoots was in the air, with an open boot.

Brown's was more dangerous, by far.
Seeing it live I thought browns was a yellow and no Kilmarnock player even reacted in a way which suggested they thought otherwise. I agree it looks worse in close up replay , but then they all do. I don’t think broadfoots was a red either, no intent to harm the player and again Celtic players hardly react which is a good indicator that they never thought it was red either. If either was a rangers player and it was given as a red i doubt you would say it’s a red card offence.

Both probably yellows in my opinion. Don’t agree it’s the referees fault that rangers are 8 behind that’s clutching at straws. We are that far behind because we have slipped up time and time again and simply are second best at the minute. Celtic played st Johnstone last week , it was like a training game it could have been 10-0. Rangers managed 2 shots on target against them in 90 mins yesterday. We are just not good enough over the course to be winning the league this season.

Seeing it live I thought browns was a yellow and no Kilmarnock player even reacted in a way which suggested they thought otherwise. I agree it looks worse in close up replay , but then they all do. I don’t think broadfoots was a red either, no intent to harm the player and again Celtic players hardly react which is a good indicator that they never thought it was red either. If either was a rangers player and it was given as a red i doubt you would say it’s a red card offence.

Kind of contradicting yourself there mate.

You suggest that both tackles were yellow cards, but one was given as red.

Kilmarnock were reduced to 10 men, that obviously affected the result.

Kilmarnock were robbed of at least a point, maybe 3 by your reckoning then.

The scum gained another 3 points because of the referees decisions.

Referees have cost us plenty of points this season, of that there is no doubt, it's not just one poor performance against St. Johnstone we are talking about here.

How is it not a worthwhile comparison? Two almost identical offences but two completely different outcomes.
I get where you're coming from but the Broadfoot decision was entirely correct and it doesn't help to criticise the ref using correct decisions. There are so many bad decisions to highlight after all. IMO best just to highlight that Brown should have already seen red.

Did you see what McGregor was retrospectively banned for, and if you did could you please explain why Brown doesn't see a red card ?

WATP
Absolutely no difference in leg position & where it hit the opponents shin.
Corrupt to the core.

I see little difference between these two challenges other than the color of the card and of course Walker's opinion.

There was also a point in the first half I think Brown handled the ball. About 5 seconds later Killie got a free kick on the edge of the box and it was never revisited.
The gap is now 8 points and we can argue that Madden is indirectly (or directly) responsible for 4 of those.

Without seeing any of the sendings off I'd say the brown off has an agenda, mibbees an important game he and his manager have worked it out for.

It's not only Sergio Ramos that can dae it y'know.

Both reds but Lego's is definitely a darker shade.

Two games in a row that he should be red carded for tackles. In both games he gets a yellow.

If that was Morelos doing the tackles they would be calling for him to be locked up

Brown's was a red.
It was at a trajectory that might have caused the impact upon the opponent real injury.
Okay, you can argue the same of Shagger, ...however, Shagger was already in receipt of the ball and the impact after this fact was actually a result of the aggression and movement of the opponent for which Shagger cannot answer to.
Brown was the instigator of an over the top straight footed challenge that the opponent was lucky to emerge from without receiving a serious injury.

Broadfoot's challenge was high and mistimed whilst Brown was also high, both going for a bouncing ball on a surface not fit for football, but nonetheless, a challenge that is seen in football every week and usually results in no more than a yellow card.
Brown, of course, made the most of it and the referee did his best to emerge himself from the match unscathed in the newspapers and media and free from the usual scrutiny that a referee faces when a decision is against one particular football club.
Coward that Madden most definitely is he is now fully briefed in his own mind about how to survive in the febrile atmosphere of the fruitcake called planet Scottish Football.

I don't see much wrong with Broadfoot's because both players' legs are in the air and the ball is there to be flicked away.

Brown's was shin-high on a planted leg which we all know is a leg-breaker.

The fact is the Scum are being allowed to keep 11 men on the pitch regardless how bad their tackles or assaults are ,if that had been any of our players we would have been down to 10 men and if it had been Morelos he would be getting hounded.

So there we have Brown yet again with another shocking challenge but Morelos is the Nastiest player in the league,I know who I would rather have challenge me,its a complete sham what they are getting away with.

This is nothing short of match fixing by the official.

His curious performance at Aberdeen followed by this tells you all you need to know.

Broadfoot's tackle was clumsy, but bent leg showing the lack of intent. Brown is straight leg, high and late.

Cards were the wrong way round.

Madden is a bent ref.

I get where you're coming from but the Broadfoot decision was entirely correct and it doesn't help to criticise the ref using correct decisions. There are so many bad decisions to highlight after all. IMO best just to highlight that Brown should have already seen red.

Of course the Broadfoot one was correct.

What this highlights is that he can get the correct decision when it’s Kilmarnock and strangely doesn’t get the correct decision when it is very similar yet it’s Celtic.

Had Brown been appropriately been shown the red card then he would not of been on the pitch for Broadfoot to tackle and receive a red, nor would he of been on the pitch to score nor would he be there to receive a 2nd red???? Just a thought!

Another for both red cards. That tackle of Brown's is the most dangerous in football, straight legged studs onto standing leg, luckily for the player it didn't break. Broadfoot's wasn't going to break his leg, but ligament damage and bruising at worst. Anyone saying either tackle is only a yellow has never played the game. In the EPL both would be off every time.

Brown's was a yellow. People let their hatred get in the way of rationality.

No it's more like the double standards we experience.

Bobby Madden gave Power a yellow card for kicking Ryan Jack in the face. He then gives Broadfoot for a much lesser challenge (still a red btw). McGregor and Morelos get 2/3 game bans for fouls less serious than Brown's in recent weeks.

Back