Union Bears

But the other 49k don't self-style themselves as the 'singing section'.

If you're going to call yourselves that and make demands on that basis, then support the team. The issue is with the Board, not the manager and especially not the players.

What was the purpose of tonight? We lost.
I think after 4 years of trying to engage the club for an adequate section while being regularly ignored they have every right to make this point.

The point is they want (them and other like minded fans) to support the club on a far bigger scale than is currently permitted, this is a subject the club have resolutely stated they are listening to yet made zero interaction or progress on. Maybe I'm biased but I can't criticise the lads that deliver the majority of the match day atmosphere and ask them to be clappy-seals because the occasion suits.
Obviously you're biased, you probably know most of them personally. You might disagree with the board on some things but surely the reason we all go to games is to support the team? Some supporters like to bounce about and some arent so keen or even able to.
Ive never met anyone whos been asked by the UB of their opinions as to what could be done regards atmosphere. Maybe they could engage with other fans more and explain what they would like to do.

Obviously you're biased, you probably know most of them personally. You might disagree with the board on some things but surely the reason we all go to games is to support the team? Some supporters like to bounce about and some arent so keen or even able to.
Ive never met anyone whos been asked by the UB of their opinions as to what could be done regards atmosphere. Maybe they could engage with other fans more and explain what they would like to do.
Yes. That's exactly the reason, they, me and you go and yeah I went tonight and sung my lungs out. Doesn't mean I don't step back after the game to look at their frustrations and see that yeah - they're right to protest what has been a piss poor performance from a seemingly disinterested board on this issue.

Yes. That's exactly the reason, they, me and you go and yeah I went tonight and sung my lungs out. Doesn't mean I don't step back after the game to look at their frustrations and see that yeah - they're right to protest what has been a piss poor performance from a seemingly disinterested board on this issue.
Think you missed what im saying. Why dont they engage with other fans on their plans? As we can both clearly see here, their actions recently have alienated (rightly or wrongly) a lot of other fans. This cant be a good thing going forward.

Think you missed what im saying. Why dont they engage with other fans on their plans? As we can both clearly see here, their actions recently have alienated (rightly or wrongly) a lot of other fans. This cant be a good thing going forward.
They have, they've been in contact with club1872, they explained themselves on this issue via Heart and hand pod the other week.

The union bears didn’t cost us the game, that’s silly.

They cost themselves alot of respect and support though. First 45 mins silent 2 mins 30
Seconds in “ftp & the vatican” oh great. Glad you’re back.

Also the “atmosphere” they create is only in that corner. The other side of the stadium is still quiet and all we hear is a muffled drum and 15 year olds singing songs they don’t understand.

If you want treated like adults, start behaving like them.

It would appear their passionate support of the team is conditional. They get something in return or they don't play. So much for the club always comes first.

Nobody is bigger than Rangers. Ever.
What about the other fans? It was a morgue until they started to sing again.

So let me see 49,000 of our fans sit silent for 90 minutes save the odd moan and groan , but let’s attack 70 boys in the corner for only singing for half the game ??

We have far more to worry about than the UB sadly . Far more .

A better question for me is why we can’t compete on the park with Aberdeen when we have triple their budget for players , yes triple .

Not good enough.

As for anyone criticising the union bears - while sitting on your hands - get a life .

So let me see 49,000 of our fans sit silent for 90 minutes save the odd moan and groan , but let’s attack 70 boys in the corner for only singing for half the game ??

We have far more to worry about than the UB sadly . Far more .

A better question for me is why we can’t compete on the park with Aberdeen when we have triple their budget for players , yes triple .

Not good enough.

As for anyone criticising the union bears - while sitting on your hands - get a life .

UB only 70 lads? Why did the ask the rest of the section to be quiet?
They can do what the want but that's the bit that doesn't sit right. Also pointing to the other 49k is a deflection they may have been silent but it wasn't an organised silence and trying to make a big deal about it like the UB.

UB only 70 lads? Why did the ask the rest of the section to be quiet?
They can do what the want but that's the bit that doesn't sit right. Also pointing to the other 49k is a deflection they may have been silent but it wasn't an organised silence and trying to make a big deal about it like the UB.

So it’s okay for 49,000 to sit silent as it wasn’t organised ?

Fck me .

So it’s okay for 49,000 to sit silent as it wasn’t organised ?

Fck me .

Look I explained earlier in the thread and a few got it. It's not the other 49k looking to get something from the board and needing the support of the UB for that. It's the other way around so it's up to the UB to listen to everyone they are winding up and act accordingly to get their support or continue to turn people against them.

Good news is all the I’ve had my seat for 20 years crew and not moving for those pesky kids stood up to be counted and gave the team a great backing from the off? What they didn’t? They just moaned eat pies and spoke to people around them they feel delightfully comfortable with?

Folk saying last night wasn't the right game to protest? Should all protests be done only when it suits the thing you're protesting again? The whole point of a protest is to take a stand and raw attention to it, they're doing that, and sometimes it's not ideal.

That being said, please stop looking at them for the blame. The rest of the stadium can get involved any time they want, but they don't. Ibrox is a morgue at times, and even moreso when you lose an early goal. Too many supporters are more interested in being staunch or the dignified silence, and then leaving 70 mins in. The UB are not the problem here.

Look I explained earlier in the thread and a few got it. It's not the other 49k looking to get something from the board and needing the support of the UB for that. It's the other way around so it's up to the UB to listen to everyone they are winding up and act accordingly to get their support or continue to turn people against them.

Who in their right mind is getting wound up by the UB’s, what are you on about?

Would any season ticket holders give up their seat to let these wee boys have their way ...
while as season ticket holders none of us own our seat ,we rent it on a season by season basis ,I would imagine that in every section of Ibrox there would be season ticket holder who would be unhappy with moving there seat to accommodate the U B , however the obvious solution would be to give the U B the Govan West corner and accommodate visiting support else where .
I also believe the Rangers are wary of U B growing in numbers and becoming uncontrollable as has happened with the G B at Parkhead .

Who in their right mind is getting wound up by the UB’s, what are you on about?

Have you not read on here? Or on social media?
One of the biggest games of the season and they are asking others to be quiet to help them, putting themselves before the team. Yes some dont like the way they going about things and they are losing support rather than gaining it.

Would any season ticket holders give up their seat to let these wee boys have their way ...
These "wee boys" are the future of the club. You can either have the future generations want to engage with the club, get involved and enjoy going to Ibrox, or you can introduce them to a bunch of old farts abusing the players at every missed chance or pass. Fact of the matter is, the younger fans are interested in tifos, the pyros, the songs and the image of being part of it. Times change. All fans are equal, and all goto the games, but unless the atmosphere (and performances) changes, there won't be another generation that wants to goto the games week in, week out.

Have you not read on here? Or on social media?
One of the biggest games of the season and they are asking others to be quiet to help them, putting themselves before the team. Yes some dont like the way they going about things and they are losing support rather than gaining it.

I’ve read a couple of idiots trying to deflect blame on them when they themselves do %^*& all to back the team. I’ve read some of the this is my seat panty wetters getting worked up again.

Nothing material

I think after 4 years of trying to engage the club for an adequate section while being regularly ignored they have every right to make this point.

I can not argue with this I am getting angry but more disappointed with the lack of engagement particulary with the value they can bring to the team , the points they are making are spot on

They have, they've been in contact with club1872, they explained themselves on this issue via Heart and hand pod the other week.

Fair play but i meant to the much wider support mate.Even in this age of technology, there are loads of fans who wouldnt know what a podcast is. Leaflets at the games sort of thing

I’ve read a couple of idiots trying to deflect blame on them when they themselves do %^*& all to back the team. I’ve read some of the this is my seat panty wetters getting worked up again.

Nothing material

I really hope they don't take that attitude as they will ultimately fail in their bid for safe standing and a move. Without the wide support of our support they will not win this.

But by all means continue to name call those that criticise instead if actually trying to win their support.

A lot of people, myself included have supported them and have gone to their fund raiser functions.

Last night was an ill advised move and they've now lost a lot of well needed support from other supporters who've previously backed them and they are now even more disliked by those who didn't.

Not a chance the club will entertain them now, as I believe the majority of Rangers season ticket holders now look on the UBs as spoilt kids with a huge sense of self entitlement.

They'll still get my support, but last night's actions, in a quarter final cup replay, has set their cause back massively.

Major error lads.

I really hope they don't take that attitude as they will ultimately fail in their bid for safe standing and a move. Without the wide support of our support they will not win this.

They have the wider support, you always get a few vocal queens running about with their nickers around ankles as this thread has seen. Their the same ones moaning about the state of the pies and the rascals signing. The sooner they move on from Ibrox the better.

There’s a old saying don’t ask someone to do something you won’t do yourself.

47k not singing but complaining the young team didn’t sing.

When they do sing it’s stop the old songs it will get us into trouble.

Sing new songs it’s get the Uktra stuff to F.

They can’t win.

Exactly .

A lot of people, myself included have supported them and have gone to their fund raiser functions.

Last night was an ill advised move and they've now lost a lot of well needed support from other supporters who've previously backed them and they are now even more disliked by those who didn't.

Not a chance the club will entertain them now, as I believe the majority of Rangers season ticket holders now look on the UBs as spoilt kids with a huge sense of self entitlement.

They'll still get my support, but last night's actions, in a quarter final cup replay, has set their cause back massively.

Major error lads.

You are normally a sensible poster .

This is far from sensible . It’s nonsense .

“Last nights actions” ?? What, not singing for 45 minutes ?

What are you saying about the other 49,000 who didn’t sing for any minutes ??

They have the wider support, you always get a few vocal queens running about with their nickers around ankles as this thread has seen. Their the same ones moaning about the state of the pies and the rascals signing. The sooner they move on from Ibrox the better.
Do they have the wider support tho?

If you think its nonsense, then fair enough.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but you said you weren't going to the game last night, did you not?

You're normally not a bad poster yourself mate but i disagree this time. Think most folk were unhappy at what does come across as a "its all about us" attitude rather than them not singing

The first half was flat and so quiet last night. the Union Bears were missed, no doubt about it.
I hope they can sort out their issue and get back to business soon.

How many times have we seen a player say after match "we went in behind at half time and the manager gave us a rollocking. He told us to hit them hard and early at the start of the second half and we came out fired up and raring to go."

It backfires a bit when the team come out fired up and then half of them are standing about bored and getting cold in the wind and rain for 5 minutes, whilst the other half are picking up endless streams of bog roll.

I can understand doing it when we are in front, but to do it when we are behind is just plain crazy.

Tell you something if anyone on here was one of the fucking bullies who abused young 15 yr old UB lads in bf3 at ht you should be fucking ashamed I seen with my own eyes a man in his late 40s give a wee lad a mouthful... I stood up for the lad and asked The idiot why wasnt he singing in the 1st half.. he couldnt answer..
whether it was right or wrong .. if 48k fans have to rely on 60 kids as people on here call them , then we really are in trouble

The Huff stance can never win because if the club give in then they go in the huff the next time and so on, I have always liked the UB but you’re huff last night made you all look like spoiled brats, we all go to support the team and a section not is mental, there are more way to skin a cat, it would have been more effective if you stayed outside or came in after 20 min and lifted the rest of our support

You're not helping mate with patter like that mate.

If you think supporters that don't support the UBs are all the type of fan you've described, then you're more out of touch than the type of fans you're describing.

I'm speaking as a UB supporter, but I know plenty of bears that would take serious exception to you describing them like that.

I'm talking about bears that go home and away, travel all over Europe and are more than capable of looking after themselves.

I don't hear many in the Grapes complaining about the pies after a game, but I heard plenty talking about the UBs actions last night.

A lot of them would previously been mildly supportive of them.

There’s a old saying don’t ask someone to do something you won’t do yourself.

47k not singing but complaining the young team didn’t sing.

When they do sing it’s stop the old songs it will get us into trouble.

Sing new songs it’s get the Ultra stuff to F.

They can’t win.
Probably the most sensible post on this thread.

Some of you need to take a look at yourself, calling them selfish wee boys, look back to the Rapid Vienna game (as 1 example from dozens) to see what those selfish wee boys bring to the table.
Do you believe you could organise something like that?
If so, go ahead and do it and stop criticising others for demanding what many other clubs in the 21st century would provide to their Ultras.

Don’t think anyone has a right to demand the UB to sing, the whole point of a protest is to do it at a time we want a good atmosphere.

Their problem now is that because of the way the game has went, They’ve lost support for their move rather than gained it.

ATM their message is coming across as a bit immature and self serving, they need to work on PR if they’re going to get the move they desire

Back