Match Thread Rangers v Kilmarnock - 15:00 Saturday - RangersTV.tv

Surely needs to find a way to get Defoe and Morelos playing today. Otherwise it is inevitable they will park the bus and counter and we will struggle.

Gerrard has to show he can do something else tactically

Agree, I also want to see Defoe, absolutely no point him being here to sit on a bench for 80 minutes every week. Pointless signing if that continues.

Let’s hope he’s freshened the side up. Get McCrorie back in and Katic. Also Halliday. Get Middleton back involved. Fast and direct.

I would go

McGregor // Tav Worrall Katic Barisic // Kent McCrorie Kamara Grezda // Defoe Morelos

Hoping for an early goal today to settle nerves on and off the field. No songs about their manky manager and a nice, comfortable 4-0 win. Dundee to beat the scum tomorrow and the title race is back on. Not much to ask really.

Hoping for an early goal today to settle nerves on and off the field. No songs about their manky manager and a nice, comfortable 4-0 win. Dundee to beat the scum tomorrow and the title race is back on. Not much to ask really.
I would laugh my ass off ... Also Dundee's winning goal offside.....

What a bizarre team we have become this season. We start every match thread somewhere between a 4 goal win or a one goal defeat, and yet the truth is that if we win 9 games in a row, there is every likelihood we will be champions. If only it was the old days you would be almost certain we could do the, but not now. Prove me wrong Rangers. One goal win today then just 8 wins to go Come on The Rangers

Champions win games. It doesn’t matter if it’s an easy 6-0 or a sh*te 1-0 with a last minute deflection from a centre half who’s volley was heading out for a throw-in!
I was at that game.....won us the league! ;)

We've lost more games this season 1-0 than won games 1-0.
Champions don't do that.

What a bizarre team we have become this season. We start every match thread somewhere between a 4 goal win or a one goal defeat, and yet the truth is that if we win 9 games in a row, there is every likelihood we will be champions. If only it was the old days you would be almost certain we could do the, but not now. Prove me wrong Rangers. One goal win today then just 8 wins to go Come on The Rangers
We can't do give in a row let alone nine. See if you accept it's not happening the pain goes away when they let you down time after time

We can't do give in a row let alone nine. See if you accept it's not happening the pain goes away when they let you down time after time

It also gives you the exact same mindset and credibility as a hibs or sheep or any other pointless shite fan

And we've drawn more games than ever,thats where weve dropped most points.

Its the draws that have killed us. 4 defeats is the same as the Dhims. That's how fine the margins are. A lucky break, a decent refereeing decisions etc etc.

I think we will try the 4-4-2 diamond today again. There's a case for dropping Golson and Barisic but I think both will start. This is assuming Jack and Arfield don't make it.

..................…..McGregor...…………………….
Tavernier.....Goldson…..Worrall.....Barisic
………………......McCrorie...………………………..
…..Kamara...………………………..Halliday...…….
………...…………..Kent...…………………………..
……….Morelos...………...Defoe...………….

Very narrow, I know but its time for something different. Katic could easily come in and keep the same shape.

I want to see Defoe and Morelos today but not sure what formation is best to fit them in.
The diamond was a flop against this same opposition.

Thinking maybe a sort of 4-1-3-2, with McCrorie being ths 1, but is it too narrow? Is that just the diamond anyway?

Last edited:
I’d experiment today.

Start planning for next season, try new things.

McGregor
Goldson Katic Worrall
Tav Kamara Arfield Davis Barisic
Defoe Morelos

McGregor
Tav Goldson Katic Barisic
Kamara Jack Arfield
Grezda Morelos Kent
Defonlike the look of the first time u put up.

Please no Daniel Candeias and please no Ryan Jack

I agree, especially candieas.

Maybe other posters on FF are starting to wake up and smelling the coffee. I noticed most predicted team selections do not have candieas in it.

What’s happened to all the candieas “ he is a cracking wee player” posters, they finally seeing sense!

Maybe other posters on FF are starting to wake up and smelling the coffee. I noticed most predicted team selections do not have candieas in it.

What’s happened to all the candieas “ he is a cracking wee player” posters, they finally seeing sense!
He is a cracking wee player.

Every now and again.

I like him but he annoys me, he is overly petulant when we are down and is a wasted jersey.

I want to see Defoe and Moorelos today but not sure what formation is best to fit them in.
The diamond was a flop against this same opposition.

Thinking maybe a sort of 4-1-3-2, with McCrorie being ths 1, but is it too narrow? Is that just the diamond anyway?

Thats definitely a new slant on pronouncing Alfies surname:))

He's like most of our other players - inconsistent. Nothing more.

He is a cracking wee player.

Every now and again.

I like him but he annoys me, he is overly petulant when we are down and is a wasted jersey.

He is indeed a good player, but he’s inconsistent, in the way you’d expect from a 500k journeyman winger.

He’s the new target for some who love to abuse players though.

He is indeed a good player, but he’s inconsistent, in the way you’d expect from a 500k journeyman winger.

He’s the new target for some who love to abuse players though.

Saying a player is not good enough is not abusing him.

There is a reason the guy has had more clubs than tiger woods.

D1yOMX1X0AU6J7-.jpg

That team is not inspiring confidence. Season's over and we still can't get experiment with a way ti fit Defoe in. Defoe's not going take up the option of next year at this rate.

Back