"Ibrox" without the unionbears

Can't get my head round folk having a go at the fans!

It's perfectly obvious why the atmosphere is muted.

Rangers fans have been through the mill since 2012.
Until we have a winning side that’s competitive in every match it won’t improve, our away support are superb and
That’s you’re right mate but the bottom line is they are getting fkd about by our club it’s not on
how are they being fecked about if the club have said no, in their own minds they may feel that way but they got an answer and didn’t like it.
I enjoy listening to them and the energy they bring but if there’s no seats to move them too then the games a bogey.

We need them back making the atmosphere time to knock the protest on the head I sympathise with them but we need then back getting things going again

Reading through the whole thread, there's a lot of passionate bears on either side of the argument on here.

I wonder what sort of percentage backing the UB's silent protest has on here?
I would think they would carry a majority of support.

However, FF probably isn't an accurate reflection of the views of the whole regular match going Rangers support.
I would hazard a guess that 25% are passionately in favour of the UBs protest, 10% are passionately against it and the other 65% either take no more than a passing interest, or more likely couldn't give a %^*& and there only concern is the alarming drop off in the form of the team since the turn of the year.

I was in the Grapes last night until around 9pm and there were plenty of heated debates going on about yesterday's game, but not once was the UBs protest mentioned.

As a supporter of the UBs, I would like them to end their protest, get behind the team for the rest of the season and show the club and the rest of support the difference they can make to the matchday atmosphere.

Surely that's the way to gain support for their request, rather than alienating themselves further?

I wonder what the percentages would be if you asked every season ticket holder outwith the Union Bears this question.

Would you be willing to give up your current seat and relocate to BF1 to allow the Union Bears to move to where you now are?

There is no reason why people would have to relocate to BF1. There are better seats available elsewhere in the Stadium.

Where?

If 500 or so people all need to move at once and many want to keep sitting together, where would they go?

And what if they are more expensive than where they currently are? Is that just tough?

All I'm seeing is a bunch of children who are 'limiting' their support of the club when we're not mathematically out of a title race. If they were contributing from the start yesterday, it could have influenced our players on the pitch and gave them a bit of whatever it is a vocal support gives a team. If they are making the point on this thread that the rest of the stadium isn't helping, it's probably because most of the people who were involved in getting the rest of the stadium going have gravitated towards that area. It's beyond pathetic. That said, it was nice to see their parents come out of retirement for a day in The Blue Order. If they're going to 'withdraw' themselves from games, then they should be withdrawn as a group from having any special privileges (such as a standing section together) as of next season.

Reactions: WBD
What I never understand is why everyone sings like %^*& at a game against them and some of the big euro games and then sit in silence every other game
We do have an expectancy to be at least 3 goals up inside the first 10 minutes against lesser teams lol this needs to change obviously.. these smaller teams can tend to be harder to break down and are not pleasing on the eye to watch.

The longer this continues, the board will have our manger knocking on their door. He knows the score when it comes to fan culture and he and his players are playing in a virtually silent stadium. He will not want that. He knows how valuable the UB's are.
Are they more valuable than the fans in the bf3 section they want.
Why should fans move to accommodate the union bears.
There silence at yesterday's game saved us listening to ftp IRA ect

Where?

If 500 or so people all need to move at once and many want to keep sitting together, where would they go?

And what if they are more expensive than where they currently are? Is that just tough?

I don't think there are 500 in the Union Bears but there are seats available in the Broomloan Rear and Club Deck. Currently supporters clubs get allocations in the Club Deck when they would probably prefer to be near the UB's. Another situation that doesn't help the atmosphere.

I don't think there are 500 in the Union Bears but there are seats available in the Broomloan Rear and Club Deck. Currently supporters clubs get allocations in the Club Deck when they would probably prefer to be near the UB's. Another situation that doesn't help the atmosphere.

So if the UB get their move to BF3, those currently in there go to more expensive seats or else go to BF1 with a worse view for same money?

So if the UB get their move to BF3, those currently in there go to more expensive seats or else go to BF1 with a worse view for same money?

Real Madrid managed it. We seem to like creating obstacles.

http://stadiumdb.com/news/2017/06/madrid_reals_new_vocal_section_in_2_months

"In order to carry out the relocation and reconstruction Real had to consult season ticket holders in the lower south stand. They are either invited to select another seat in the stadium without extra fees or would be reimbursed for losing their spot."

I wonder what the percentages would be if you asked every season ticket holder outwith the Union Bears this question.

Would you be willing to give up your current seat and relocate to BF1 to allow the Union Bears to move to where you now are?

I think we both know the answer to that mate.

Our next home game is a few weeks from now.

Hopefully the UBs will have taken up the offer to discuss their grievances by then and we can continue to move forward.

I don’t think the silent protest is advantageous to any party but that decision lies solely with the group.

Hopefully the UBs will have taken up the offer to discuss their grievances by then and we can continue to move forward.

I don’t think the silent protest is advantageous to any party but that decision lies solely with the group.

When was the offer made to them?

When was the offer made to them?

Couple of days after I got back from New Zealand so a week ago on Thursday - the boys are trying to sort out a day they can meet. I think it would help so hopefully we can sort it this coming week or next.

Have they not been “discussing” this for 3 years now but have been mouthfed pish off the club for the entire team. Hence the action now taken?

They provide some great displays but in terms of atmosphere its only against the peados and big Euro games there is any sort of exciting atmosphere jn the whole stadium, its been that way even before the UB were born

Couple of days after I got back from New Zealand so a week ago on Thursday - the boys are trying to sort out a day they can meet. I think it would help so hopefully we can sort it this coming week or next.

So, offer made to discuss their issue was before the Aberdeen game.

Frankly, I'm even more pissed off at the Union Bears now.

Have they not been “discussing” this for 3 years now but have been mouthfed pish off the club for the entire team. Hence the action now taken?

Is "pish" another way of saying not giving them what they want?

Half the problem is thay we have allowed too many season tickets. But, yes, that is purely a financial aspect to get money up front. But it has created a stadium where people have become too comfy and the amount of active support is almost non-existent.

I think people need to be realistic on timescales for moves. The club wouldn’t move fans with no notice or discussion.

For the avoidance of doubt Greg I don't think they should be moved, pandered to or given any special treatment.

Leave them where they are, if they don't like it then reassign their season tickets to those who want them and maybe the new supporters will sing the right words, not use pyro and act better than everyone else.

For the avoidance of doubt Greg I don't think they should be moved, pandered to or given any special treatment.

Leave them where they are, if they don't like it then reassign their season tickets to those who want them and maybe the new supporters will sing the right words, not use pyro and act better than everyone else.

Is the correct answer.

Half the problem is thay we have allowed too many season tickets. But, yes, that is purely a financial aspect to get money up front. But it has created a stadium where people have become too comfy and the amount of active support is almost non-existent.

People are going to the game to enjoy themselves for a couple of hours, it's supposed to be a pleasurable experience. I don't think you can get "too comfy".

I can imagine @dh1963 standing up at the game yesterday, screaming “fucking sing , you’re pissing me off by standing silently” before turning round and not uttering a word for the rest of the game.

:D

Their protest according to their material released is in 2 parts.

1. Is that safe standing has been rejected and
2. That a move they proposed was rejected.

The first part isn’t true. They may feel that way but from discussions with upper management and the board that isn’t the case. There are issues that the board want satisfactorally addressed before it is confirmed but it’s on the table and imo it can be satisfied with a little bit of work. Safe standing will not happen this summer though. It would be end of next season at the earliest.

The proposed move was rejected for a number of reasons. In my mind it was made too late to be considered for this season coming as you need to communicate and offer alternatives for the current incumbents including priority on moves as a minimum at least. We currently hardly have any availability on ST seats so logistically very difficult.

I can imagine @dh1963 standing up at the game yesterday, screaming “fucking sing , you’re pissing me off by standing silently” before turning round and not uttering a word for the rest of the game.

:D

Imagine all you want.
I support Rangers, the club is first and nothing else matters.
How much I sing, shout, swear, sit or stand is determined by what I think is best for my club. And I do all of those.
I spend zero time caring if the Union Bears sing, as they aren't on the pitch wearing royal blue.
I might enjoy arguing about them in here and giving an opinion, but when it comes to Rangers, they are an irrelevance to me.

Pish is a way of saying the club told them it would happen and went back on it.

Good, mature response from yourself as usual on here though.

That is not the case to my knowledge. I’ve been in the club 2 years and we have never had safe standing over the line at any point.

The first part isn’t true. They may feel that way but from discussions with upper management and the board that isn’t the case. There are issues that the board want satisfactorally addressed before it is confirmed but it’s on the table and imo it can be satisfied with a little bit of work. Safe standing will not happen this summer though. It would be end of next season at the earliest.

The proposed move was rejected for a number of reasons. In my mind it was made too late to be considered for this season coming as you need to communicate and offer alternatives for the current incumbents including priority on moves as a minimum at least. We currently hardly have any availability on ST seats so logistically very difficult.

I think that is why people are assuming that the supporters who are asked to move will be moved to where the UBs would be moving out of. It would be very difficult to do it any other way, unless third parties were willing to move there and give up their seat.

It's not as easy as just doing it.

And there it is

UB07 FC would be a much better place if there were only 5000 UB07 FC approved fans who jumped up and down in an approved UB07 FC manner and only uttered a word or even looked at the football on the park when approved by the head of UB07 FC

If whatever you deem approved UB07 active support to be is more important than 20 million pounds to even have a functioning elite football team, Rangers FC 1872, then go form UB07 FC.

That moment at the end of Celtic in December, Connor Goldson marvelling at our tremendous fans in the Copland Road end, iconic, a scene for the ages.

@Greg Marshall good luck, you cannot possibly win.

What are the issues that need addressed for safe standing? They’ve been “looking in to it” for years according to Robertson.

I think its obvious trying to arrange it all right now would be a bit of a task, and maybe not enough time. Everyone understands that, however its not like they only propose a move last week. Its been ongoing for years.

Everyone has the right to protest for something they believe in, but not to the detriment of the team, we need get behind them for 90 minutes, if they want to protest do it before or after the game not during. We are supporters of the players, let’s support them. Because by fook they are needing it just now!

Imagine all you want.
I support Rangers, the club is first and nothing else matters.
How much I sing, shout, swear, sit or stand is determined by what I think is best for my club. And I do all of those.
I spend zero time caring if the Union Bears sing, as they aren't on the pitch wearing royal blue.
I might enjoy arguing about them in here and giving an opinion, but when it comes to Rangers, they are an irrelevance to me.
You spend zero time caring about them, just all of your time posting about them.

What a life mate.

There point/protest is working IMO and it is threefold.

a) telling board they are not happy with their stance
b) showing the manager and players how shite Ibrox is without their input
c) illustrating how poor the other stands are with their non existent backing of the team

I back the UB's difficult - but necessary - stance 100%.

Gotta be entirely warped and borderline retarded not to agree with your entire post.

There is nothing "to look into" with regard to safe standing.

Just the club dragging its heels and delaying tactics as usual.

I back the UB's stance 100%.

No.

They have pissed me off by putting their group first and Rangers second.
Demanding others didn't get behind the team on Tuesday showed them up as the total opposite of what I think a Rangers fan is.
Nobody is bigger than the club.
Ever.

I don't give a shit if they sing or not. If they do, great, but that's why they got a section in the first place. If they don't, then they aren't a singing section so what exactly are they?

Apart from a group who think they are more important than the other 48000 who pay their money.
Newsflash. They aren't.

Just you wait and see what Ibrox is like in 20 years when our aging support starts to disappear and we can’t fill our stadium because younger people are quite rightly fucking tired of the non existent atmosphere and brutal match day experience. Needs to be addressed now. If you want what’s best for Rangers try and look at the bigger picture rather than sitting dribbling some perceived grievance of yours. No one is saying they’re better than you.

Bit of a politician's answer that. A lot of words without actually saying much.

What issues need addressed? If this is the kind of dialogue the UB have had with the club then no wonder they're fed up.

Just you wait and see what Ibrox is like in 20 years when our aging support starts to disappear and we can’t fill our stadium because younger people are quite rightly fucking tired of the non existent atmosphere and brutal match day experience. Needs to be addressed now. If you want what’s best for Rangers try and look at the bigger picture rather than sitting dribbling some perceived grievance of yours. No one is saying they’re better than you.
I think his posts typify the general attitude of the older generation of fans within Ibrox.

Perfectly happy for Ibrox to be quieter than a library when we’re doing well, and a horrible pit of poisonn when things aren’t going our way.

All I want is for Ibrox to be an enjoyable place to go and support our team. Everyone is accomodated for, except those who want to sing & back the team. Yet it will be made out on on here by certain people that myself & like minded people are selfish & think I’m a better fan for simply wanting to sing in support of the team, rather than shout abuse at them that wouldn’t be acceptable in the street.

The blissful irony is lost on some.

This is key.

Ibrox is not a vibrant exciting place for the younger lads. We need to create an environment where they can be encouraged to come along and have a more enjoyable match day experience.

Crucial that younger generation are not put off by the current subdued environment.

I think that is why people are assuming that the supporters who are asked to move will be moved to where the UBs would be moving out of. It would be very difficult to do it any other way, unless third parties were willing to move there and give up their seat.

It's not as easy as just doing it.

there is also the potential that those in the area
There is nothing "to look into" with regard to safe standing.

Just the club dragging its heels and delaying tactics as usual.

I back the UB's stance 100%.

Any major change to Ibrox has to be fully considered. To say there is nothing to be considered is not a reflection of the real world that the club operates in. It can be frustrating at times but it is the situation.

Bit of a politician's answer that. A lot of words without actually saying much.

What issues need addressed? If this is the kind of dialogue the UB have had with the club then no wonder they're fed up.

Ive specifically answered the question related to what the protest is as I see it.

The issues are around behaviour, security and the legacy of the Ibrox disaster. I personally don’t think any of them are insurmountable with a bit of work.

Back