BBC Scotland: Domestic Abuse - Rangers name dropped

Club need to dig them / her up on this. BBC Scotland have set their stall out quite clearly re us in recent years. Even if their guest was just searching for words off of the top of her head in the current climate we HAVE to be going after them and demand an apology.
Looks to me like that was pre -planned she has a glance and a smirk over to egg chaser beattie as she says it.

Last edited:
Absolutely unbelievable. Just when you think BBC Scotland couldn’t sink any lower with lies and propaganda against us, they come out with this rubbish.

Whoever she is, deserves all the vitriol that shall come her way.

I'd suggest Nicola Gilchrist - advocate and deputy of women's aid - was abusing her position to simply have a cheap dig at Rangers fans thus totally undermining the message she was supposed to be putting out.

You can actually see it seeping out of her with the knowing look of amusement on her face as she bumbles her way into bringing Rangers fans into the conversation.

It is cretins like this who do absolutely nothing for what is a good cause by totally alienating a section of the community with needless comments.

I hope this is noted and an explanation is requested.
I think were past explanations now dont you think?

I'll give it 24 - 48 hours before she becomes the victim.

I can read the c.unts like a book.
What do you think harms Rangers more?

Ignoring the comment on the slight chance it wasn’t an intentional dig.

Make a big deal about it, bring attention to the comment, and increase the chances that the idiots in our support will send her abuse.

Make a big deal about it, bring attention to the comment, and increase the chances that the idiots in our support will send her abuse.

So, we let it go again?

Is it any wonder we're demonised in this country on a daily basis.

mate, you're very naive if you don't think that's a dig! It's the BBC for goodness sake. We as a club and support respond to her by stating she's wrong and has abused her position as an advocate and deputy of women's aid.

Not the best original email from me to begin with but got a reply from Rangers SLO <SLO@rangers.co.uk>

Hi Nick,

I’ve just seen this clip online a number of minutes ago and passed it on to senior management. Thank you for taking the time to let the club know - it’s appreciated!
Greg Marshall
Supporters Liaison Officer
Rangers Football Club

Original
=================================================
On 22 Mar 2019, at 22:30, Bungo Bear <bungoxxx@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi Rangers,

I am not sure who to send this to so apologies in advance. Please forward to media department as appropriate.

I was unfortunate enough to witness our clubs name being dragged through the dirt tonight The Nine Show and BBC Scotland. There was a discussion about domestic abuse where a speaker so it fit to insinuate that rangers loosing was the perfect example as a cause of physical abuse.

Below is a link of the incident. We need to see action being taken. I am sick of the media's relentless targeting our clubs name while there is another team in this city guilty of far worse.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Regards,
Nick

Not the best original email from me to begin with but got a reply from Rangers SLO <SLO@rangers.co.uk>

Hi Nick,

I’ve just seen this clip online a number of minutes ago and passed it on to senior management. Thank you for taking the time to let the club know - it’s appreciated!
Greg Marshall
Rangers Football Club

Original
Hi Rangers,

I am not sure who to send this to so apologies in advance. Please forward to media department as appropriate.

I was unfortunate enough to witness our clubs name being dragged through the dirt tonight The Nine Show and BBC Scotland. There was a discussion about domestic abuse where a speaker so it fit to insinuate that rangers loosing was the perfect example as a cause of physical abuse.

Below is a link of the incident. We need to see action being taken. I am sick of the media's relentless targeting our clubs name while there is another team in this city guilty of far worse.

Regards,
Nick

I sent the clip to the club via twitter and made a comment on there. This was a certain dig by her and the BBC at us

Where are you Club 1872?

That is scandalous. What a thick person she so obvoiusly is - you can tell she has absolutely no gravitas but is jumping on the bandwagon as it's her only hope in gaining the attention she so craves.

I never wish people would loose their jobs - I'll make an exception here. I hope she could be censured at the very least. Fat faced venomous Harridan.

Where are you Club 1872?

Hi Nick,

Greg Marshall
Rangers Football Club

Original
Hi Rangers,

Regards,
Nick
Nick- Get in there!

The club are going to lose fans if they don’t get their house in order soon. The half arsed video and dossier by Robertson and Traynor was yet another cop out. If we don’t sue for defamation of brand in a sustained manner then I am struggling to stay onside. We are allowing a national broadcaster to dehumanise our support in a systematic manner. Our board are a total joke. Very angry at this.

Emphasises with 'The' Rangers. Daft cow on a show to highlight what is a serious issue and lowers herself to the usual timmy standard.

If you do go after her on Twitter, KEEP IT CIVIL!!! Anything else we score an own goal.

I'm going re-post what I said earlier in the thread
don't say anything sectarian or offensive or abusive to her on social media as that's what she wants you to do.

she is the story here so always be civil and keep her as the abusive one which is ironic considering she is the deputy of women's aid!

We really needed a department set up to deal with these attacks. It's working it's way through Scottish football because we don't deal with it.

Well I've emailed Scottish Woman's Aid for them to clarify this comment.

What action do you think should be taken - honest question - the more ideas the better?

Good work sir.

1. Admit she abused her position to accuse a solitary Club she does not support of causing 'domestic abuse'.

2. An online, printed and broadcast apology.

3. She should be censured to the severest extent by each of the professions she is employed by. What letters does she have after her name, professional bodies have codes of conduct and she fell short by this - a defamation case here surely.

4. She is given training in handling the mhedia.

5. Who invited her and who were the production staff that allowed this to be broadcast without any recourse by the Club?

6. Horrible grisly gargouleishness.

Last edited:
Good work sir.

1. Admit she abused her position to accuse a solitary Club she does not support of causing 'domestic abuse'.

2. An online, printed and broadcast apology.

3. She should be censured to the severest extent by each of the professions she is employed by. What letters does she have after her name, professional bodies have codes of conduct and she fell short by this - a defamation case here surely.

4. She is given training in handling the mhedia.

5. Who invited her and who were the production staff that allowed this to be broadcast without any recourse by the Club?

Get rid of your point 6. You are playing right into the haters' hands.

Well I've emailed Scottish Woman's Aid for them to clarify this comment.

What action do you think should be taken - honest question - the more ideas the better?

That program she was on was highlighting a woman's daughter who commited suicide after suffering mental and verbal torture at the hands of a possessive, bully boyfriend.They were pointing out how spoken words can be as lethal as any weapon and Gilchrist with all her education and degrees in law opens her big mouth and puts her fat foot in it by making a stupid comment that paints an entire group as being no better than wife beaters.How in the name of God did she acquire her qualifications?

On her knees,I'll bet.

That program she was on was highlighting a woman's daughter who commited suicide after suffering mental and verbal torture at the hands of a possessive, bully boyfriend.They were pointing out how spoken words can be as lethal as any weapon and Gilchrist with all her education and degrees in law opens her big mouth and puts her fat foot in it by making a stupid comment that paints an entire group as being no better than wife beaters.How in the name of God did she acquire her qualifications?

On her knees,I'll bet.

She's a useful idiot to those that employ her services and suddenly realise she is as thick two short planks. They use her for the more menial tasks.

Whoever (employers she can represent and committees that she sits on) allowed her airtime should be implicated in this complaint

She's a useful idiot to those that employ her services and suddenly realise she is as thick two short planks. They use her for the more menial tasks.

Whoever (employers she can represent and committees that she sits on) allowed her airtime should be implicated in this complaint

Exactly,I thought Diane Abbot was as bad as it gets but it seems she has competition.

Back