BBC Scotland: Domestic Abuse - Rangers name dropped

I see it slightly differently. She may be a bheast apologist (or not), but John Beattie should have come in and said "or any football team" to show it can happen all over. He's more to blame imho.
John Beattie is a bigot his shows are
regular hate fests, the Thursday show he
does has a regular who gets mental when anything English or unionist is mentioned, Beattie has previously made up stuff about hearing rangers fans say they are gonna kill a kafflic at the game, dangerous twat.

I'm going to give her the benefit of the doubt. The way she says it strikes me as someone who doesn't have a clue about football and went for the first team she could think of.
The first team that she’s been brainwashed to think about, it might be a mistake, it might not be, but our name was used by her at the very least because of the how the bbc and many others continually blacken it

The other 3 in the clip are also guilty as they knew what was coming and were happy to witness this slur, they are complicit in this too

She was on that program as the "expert" on Family and Child Law to provide her thoughts on how the spoken word is as abusive as any form of physical assault and given a t.v. audience of millions she comes out with a flippant remark that vilifies an entire group suggesting that if Rangers were to lose we would go home and beat the wife/girlfriend.
She clearly doesn't do irony.

In this P.C. world that we live in I'm sure that if any of us came out with a comment in our workplace that could be seen as racist or homophobic we would find ourselves in H.R. toot sweet.

She was on that program as the "expert" on Family and Child Law to provide her thoughts on how the spoken word is as abusive as any form of physical assault and given a t.v. audience of millions she comes out with a flippant remark that vilifies an entire group suggesting that if Rangers were to lose we would go home and beat the wife/girlfriend.
She clearly doesn't do irony.

In this P.C. world that we live in I'm sure that if any of us came out with a comment in our workplace that could be seen as racist or homophobic we would find ourselves in H.R. toot sweet.

As I stated earlier in the thread mate, this was someone who as you mention was on as an "expert" in both family & child law and in her capacity as women's aid deputy and she made the choice to be abusive about 1 football club ( us) via her bigoted actions but she stands up against abuse! Erm.......

3578721.gif

I would say that if anyone is going to say anything on twitter then please

don't say anything sectarian or offensive or abusive to her on social media as that's what she wants you to do.

I'm sorry to repeat myself but on twitter I have seen someone call a guy supporting her a mentally challenged bas*ard. I have direct messaged the bloke telling him to take it down

The first team that she’s been brainwashed to think about, it might be a mistake, it might not be, but our name was used by her at the very least because of the how the bbc and many others continually blacken it
Nah mate, she calls us The Rangers, the Catholic and haters dig, or so they think!!

I dont care if shes not even a football fan let alone a Celtic fan or a fan of other clubs whose support hate us

She's used a position of power to lie about and demise us. She should be hounded for it

What relevance does that have, really?

She's dragged us into this for what good?

We really shouldn't use them as a rule when someone attacks us or badmouth us, we should go after them directly as a person and not who they support, imo.

Yep fair points.

I feel people like her say things like this knowing the reaction it will get and she will have a prepared defence of her comment already in her locker.

Not surprisingly someone has defended her saying she was making a point and could have used any club to make the point.

Why she chose to mention Rangers is the question - is she really just totally ignorant and Rangers were the first team that came to mind or does she have some football knowledge, views things with green specs, and deliberately abused her position by referring to Rangers leading people to think we are prone to beating our wives/girlfriends after we lose?

I have contacted Scottish Women's Aid regarding this comment.

Last edited:
Yep fair points.

I feel people like her say things like this knowing the reaction it will and she will have a prepared defence of her comment already in her locker.

Not surprisingly someone has defended her saying she was making a point and could have used any club to make the point.

Why she chose to mention Rangers is the question - is she really just totally ignorant and Rangers were the first team that came to mind or does she have some football knowledge, views things with green specs, and deliberately abused her position by referring to Rangers leading people to think we are a prone to beating our wives/girlfriends after we lose?

I have contacted Scottish Women's Aid regarding this comment.

The only point she was making is that she is unprofessional and a bigot.

Unprofessional - without a doubt yes.

Bigot - how would you go about backing up that claim mate?

Well, the evidence for her comments doesn't suggest its just Rangers fans that beat females up so, if she if she is meant to be an expert in her field she could/should said , generic football fans or even some of the real reason for domestic violence-Alcohol, lack of money , social conditions they live in or mental illness !

She made the choice to single out one football club and demonise them which ,for someone that's meant to be against abuse is taking irony to a whole new level!

This is from their own site
https://womensaid.scot/information-support/what-is-domestic-abuse/

what about female Rangers fans? She was inferring last night that either they would beat up their partners or could look forward to being a victim of domestic abuse when Rangers are beaten.

She is a clear bigot and the sneer of her face and use of The Rangers is just adding fuel to the fire for me.

Last edited:
For me, the scariest bit about that clip, is not what is overtly happening, but what is subconsciously happening.

I don't think she went in there to deliberately speak bad about the club, but the moment she was asked to relate physical violence to an accepted norm, she had no problem in subconsciously linking Rangers fans with physical violence.

In fact, it was the first thing that came into her head, when she was scratching around for a tangible example that joe bloggs could relate to.

A bit like that word association game you played as a kid, where you say a word and someone else has to say the first associated word that comes into their mind :

Laurel - Hardy
Titanic - Iceberg
George Bush - WMD, etc.

She was asked how society should go about changing the narrative on domestic abuse, and the first thing she could think about was Rangers FC. That should tell us how entrenched and deep-rooted subconscious attitudes are to Rangers fans when it comes to connecting us with physical violence - in this case, domestic abuse.

For me, that's a lot more disturbing than some bigot coming away with a cheap biased comment or a partisan slur. The hatred runs so deep, and has become so accepted, sometimes we don't even notice it anymore.

For me, the scariest bit about that clip, is not what is overtly happening, but what is subconsciously happening.

I don't think she went in there to deliberately speak bad about the club, but the moment she was asked to relate physical violence to an accepted norm, she had no problem in subconsciously linking Rangers fans with physical violence.

In fact, it was the first thing that came into her head, when she was scratching around for a tangible example that joe bloggs could relate to.

A bit like that word association game you played as a kid, where you say a word and someone else has to say the first associated word that comes into their mind :

Laurel - Hardy
Titanic - Iceberg
George Bush - WMD, etc.

She was asked how society should go about changing the narrative on domestic abuse, and the first thing she could think about was Rangers FC. That should tell us how entrenched and deep-rooted subconscious attitudes are to Rangers fans when it comes to connecting us with physical violence - in this case, domestic abuse.

For me, that's a lot more disturbing than some bigot coming away with a cheap biased comment or a partisan slur. The hatred runs so deep, and has become so accepted, sometimes we don't even notice it anymore.
She could’ve used the words “ favourite football team” instead but she didn’t and should be taken to task over it by the club

Laurel - Hardy
Titanic - Iceberg
George Bush - WMD, etc.

Sorry but I disagree with you on this as I think she knew exactly what she would be asked and what she would be saying. I said earlier in the thread there would have been a production meeting and should would have been told exactly how the interview would go and whats she was going to be asked.

To me, she doesn't look like she is " scratching about looking for an example", to me, she knew she was going to answer The Rangers and that to me, marks her out as both unprofessional and a bigot.

This is social conditioning to mark out as as the uneducated thick violent ones in society that will attack our partners and scream sectarian abuse.

She works with Women's aid and should know there are many reasons for domestic violence so to mark out one football club and their support is showing her up.

Well, the evidence for her comments doesn't suggest its just Rangers fans that beat females up so, if she if she is meant to be an expert in her field she could/should said , generic football fans or even some of the real reason for domestic violence-Alcohol, lack of money , social conditions they live in or mental illness !

She made the choice to single out one football club and demonise them which ,for someone that's meant to be against abuse is taking irony to a whole new level!

what about female Rangers fans? She was inferring last night that either they would beat up their partners or could look forward to being a victim of domestic abuse when Rangers are beaten.

She is a clear bigot and the sneer of her face and use of The Rangers is just adding fuel to the fire for me.

I get what you are saying.

The question is - did she choose to mention Rangers deliberately to demonise us and provoke a reaction or is she just ignorant of footballing matters in Scotland?

Given she appears to be a fairly educated woman, I reckon she knew what she was saying and has a justification in her head for saying it.

Exactly why she chose to mention us is what I'd like to know. She could have easily got a similar reaction mentioning celtic which brings me to the question - does she view the world through green goggles.

Since she was there on behalf of Scottish Women's Aid I think we can rule out the possibility of her referring to female Rangers fans unless you want to twist it that she was suggesting females suffer from male or female partners when Rangers lose in which case you are opening another can of worms.

As for the term The Rangers - this for me has always been a respectful way of talking about Rangers - my old grandpa and gran and those of their generation I always remember often spoke of Rangers as The Rangers. I get what you are saying though - she is probably thinking she is having a sneaky pop at us.

Absolutely unbelievable for her to come.out with such a scandalous outright lie. With such an important topic to discuss and she loses a massive audience after coming out with total lies and with a smile as well.

Women's Aid will of course have the stats to back up her claim. Why else would she do it, as their official representative

Women's Aid will of course have the stats to back up her claim. Why else would she do it, as their official representative
I seen no such stats on their website and would suggest she behaved in manner they describe as abuse and bullying.

Every evidential info on this nonsense always says "old firm matches".

It’s a continued drip drip of an anti Rangers agenda and must be addressed each and every time it happens by the fan base and by the club.

She should come out and explain this comment and retract it.On balance I think she has come out with this without thinking of the offence and PR damage it would cause our Club and fans.
If she makes a genuine apology without any weasel words fair enough but if she doesent then it will confirm what many think that it was a deliberate sly comment.

I seen no such stats on their website and would suggest she behaved in manner they describe as abuse and bullying.

Every evidential info on this nonsense always says "old firm matches".
Then she's cheapened the charity with her sectarian point scoring. Can't imagine her bosses will be happy

She should come out and explain this comment and retract it.

On balance I think she has come out with this without thinking of the offence and PR damage it would cause our Club and fans.
If she makes a genuine apology without any weasel words fair enough but if she doesn't then it will confirm what many think that it was a deliberate sly comment.

She clearly knew exactly what she was doing as the name of our club came to her so readily. This for me is a shameful example of social conditioning by trying to associate us with domestic violence just like the media do with sectarianism and bigotry

John Beattie is a bigot his shows are
regular hate fests, the Thursday show he
does has a regular who gets mental when anything English or unionist is mentioned, Beattie has previously made up stuff about hearing rangers fans say they are gonna kill a kafflic at the game, dangerous twat.
Beattie is from a Rangers supporting family and I enjoy him on the radio. The Thursday slot with Eamon O'Neil and Cosgrove is so biased it is hard to listen to though I agree. They really need a right leaning person to help offer some opposition to the crap from the other two.

Beattie is from a Rangers supporting family and I enjoy him on the radio. The Thursday slot with Eamon O'Neil and Cosgrove is so biased it is hard to listen to though I agree. They really need a right leaning person to help offer some opposition to the crap from the other two.
Not much of a fan- apparently first game he attended at Ibrox ( probably last) was first game after admin , he told Graham Spiers the first thing person next to him said " I would love to stab a catholic " absolute self righteous fantasist.

he is the epitome of the average west end middle class liberal self loathing prod,look down their noses at anything they perceive to be working class glaswegian protestant affiliated ,the sort of c@nts who would be more at home at a mela than a loyal orders parade,, nothing against a mela by the way

Back