BBC Scotland: Domestic Abuse - Rangers name dropped

She clearly knew exactly what she was doing as the name of our club came to her so readily. This for me is a shameful example of social conditioning by trying to associate us with domestic violence just like the media do with sectarianism and bigotry
You may be right,but I don't think we can say for sure until she is asked to explain why she said what she said.
I am not defending her but we all have said something on the spur of the moment.Hopefully she will come out with an apology for using us as some kind of example.

John Beattie is a bigot his shows are
regular hate fests, the Thursday show he
does has a regular who gets mental when anything English or unionist is mentioned, Beattie has previously made up stuff about hearing rangers fans say they are gonna kill a kafflic at the game, dangerous twat.
Beattie is roaster trying to carve a niche in broadcasting he's about as Clever and insightful as my sphincter the day after a good madras curry.

A truly awful cant

She should come out and explain this comment and retract it.On balance I think she has come out with this without thinking of the offence and PR damage it would cause our Club and fans.
If she makes a genuine apology without any weasel words fair enough but if she doesent then it will confirm what many think that it was a deliberate sly comment.

I'll bet you a pound to a penny NO apology will be forthcoming.

She knew what she was saying. End of.

Suited BBCshortbread down to a T.

Only good thing is that the audience was mostly bitter sectarian nat bigots anyway.

The couple of minutes I've seen its been parochial Brigadoon Nat pish.

I'll bet you a pound to a penny NO apology will be forthcoming.

She knew what she was saying. End of.

Suited BBCshortbread down to a T.

Only good thing is that the audience was mostly bitter sectarian nat bigots anyway.

The couple of minutes I've seen its been parochial Brigadoon Nat pish.
You could well be right but I would still like her to be asked the question to see her answer.

That, even by their mentally challenged standards is phuckin outrageous.

Another open goal for our Board.

NS.
How many open goals is that now that the useless b’stards at our club fail to respond to, hey Robertson how fecking big does your dossier have to get before you actually get off your cowardly arse and ask Dave King if you can do something.
I’m openly challenging the cowards who post on this forum as club plants to come on here and tell me why the people at our club will not fight the scum that are blatantly rubbishing the name of Rangers Football Club.

Last edited:
You may be right,but I don't think we can say for sure until she is asked to explain why she said what she said.
I am not defending her but we all have said something on the spur of the moment.Hopefully she will come out with an apology for using us as some kind of example.
Honestly no fecking wonder we have the idiots in power with naive fools like you on the go. FFS when are people like you going to waken up to the clear agenda that is on going. Really unbelievable.

The mask slipped as soon as she used the term "The Rangers" Two words normally used by those that have an unhealthy hatred of our club when discussing something that involves something not good.

She's just a hairy fann.y version of Haggerty.

Womans aid and feminists are complete men haters.

I always thought you were rather suspect now I’m fecking positive.
See if I’m wrong your another one of the clueless naive twats in our support, you decide.
Wake up man the time for giving them the benefit of the doubt, or making excuses has gone, Richard keyes Andy Gray etc, the media must be challenged at every opportunity,

Not much of a fan- apparently first game he attended at Ibrox ( probably last) was first game after admin , he told Graham Spiers the first thing person next to him said " I would love to stab a catholic " absolute self righteous fantasist.

In over 40 years of attending Rangers games at home and abroad I've never heard anything like that ever uttered, total nonsense although he probably had Spiers creaming his pants which was possibly his intention.

You usually hear these kind of quotes come from our haters, because they know fine well it actually refers to their rancid sectarian club...
This is just a deflect from a cult which can't stoop any lower.
Child rape is accepted by their cult , nothing more needs said.

This is slander not just bad mouthing. She is telling the viewers that Rangers fans are committing domestic abuse when the team lose. The BBC are also complicit as there was no correction and no sign of an apology. Time for a crowdfund and sue them both for slander. We cannot continually be slandered and demonised in public like this, the natzis did this for propaganda against the jews etc.

Honestly no fecking wonder we have the idiots in power with naive fools like you on the go. FFS when are people like you going to waken up to the clear agenda that is on going. Really unbelievable.
Right you are mate I will give you the benefit of the doubt that you are just back in from the pub.You are the classic example of a keyboard warrior.
There is no doubt our Club has enemies,but instead of insulting Bears from the comfort of your living room,do something useful, mop up your tears and get out and do something about these agendas you believe in.

I cancelled my tv licence recently telling them I am so disgusted by the level of bias in the bbc as well as the fact that they're riddled from top to bottom with paedophiles that I no longer watch or record live tv.

I then cancelled my direct debit and threw their letter in the bin. If they come to my house I will not engage with them at all as their is no legal obligation to do so.

Starve out the 19th Century Terrorist bastards!

Right you are mate I will give you the benefit of the doubt that you are just back in from the pub.You are the classic example of a keyboard warrior.
There is no doubt our Club has enemies,but instead of insulting Bears from the comfort of your living room,do something useful, mop up your tears and get out and do something about these agendas you believe in.

He's right though with his sentiment. You are very naive if you watched the clip and you do not think this deputy of Scottish women's aid and family law advocate went into that debate knowing the questions she's been asked and her replies then you're very very trusting.

she's an educated person and she knows that the reasons for domestic violence have many possible causes such as mental health issues, alcohol, financial worries for example. The very fact she made the choice to only say us and to use the words" gets a black eye after The Rangers get beat", shows to me it was planned.

She is highly unprofessional and sorry but posters like yourself need to actually wake up and stop being so trusting as the facts have been presented before your eyes yet you still can't see did what she did because she wanted to have a pop at us.

He's right though with his sentiment. You are very naive if you watched the clip and you do not think this deputy of Scottish women's aid and family law advocate went into that debate knowing the questions she's been asked and her replies then you're very very trusting.

she's an educated person and she knows that the reasons for domestic violence have many possible causes such as mental health issues, alcohol, financial worries for example. The very fact she made the choice to only say us and to use the words" gets a black eye after The Rangers get beat", shows to me it was planned.

She is highly unprofessional and sorry but posters like yourself need to actually wake up and stop being so trusting as the facts have been presented before your eyes yet you still can't see did what she did because she wanted to have a pop at us.
Everything you are saying is your opinion,you may be right or wrong,but here is the thing,people should stop wallowing in misery and looking for agendas from every soundbite.
We have an excellent opportunity to promote our Club at the moment.Stevie G is an A list personality famous throughout the world of football as a player and hopefully soon as a manager.We have a young Centre Forward who is getting complements from elite footballers and has the potential to get to the top in world football and make us a lot of money in the process.The Club and our fans do tremendous charity work.We have a story to tell.
Of course we should have a department that protects our brand but leave that to the professionals.Look up and outwards harness the free publicity and move forward,all the Dorrans, Yousefs and the likes are insignificant trying to be relevant and using our Club to gain a profile,stop biting back its what they want,they are unknown and irelevant outwith this tiny wee part of the planet.

I have written this before but a Domestic abuse incident is just the police being called to a house. In over half of them , there is no offence to be found.
We tend to think of this as some brute battering his wife but physical violence as a percentage of them is low.
It also includes raised voices disturbing neighbours and things like , and this happened to me , the police being called by the old neighbour complaining about me walking up the stairs at 3am when I finished my part time work as a student.

Should we file this along with the article on poverty, single parents and Ibrox being used as a backdrop for the accompanying photo shoot?

Editorially fair? my hole.

There are only two groups of people who use "The Rangers":
1) Bears.
2) Haters who (wrongly) think they are having a dig.

It is both snidey and telling.
I said this earlier, haters use it to besmirch our club. She knew exactly what she was saying and doing. I don't expect an apology any time soon from her.

Sorry but I disagree with you on this as I think she knew exactly what she would be asked and what she would be saying. I said earlier in the thread there would have been a production meeting and should would have been told exactly how the interview would go and whats she was going to be asked.

To me, she doesn't look like she is " scratching about looking for an example", to me, she knew she was going to answer The Rangers and that to me, marks her out as both unprofessional and a bigot.

This is social conditioning to mark out as as the uneducated thick violent ones in society that will attack our partners and scream sectarian abuse.

She works with Women's aid and should know there are many reasons for domestic violence so to mark out one football club and their support is showing her up.

Spot on.

Intentional and fully prepared. Never an 'off the cuff' remark. It was another bigot demonising the Rangers Support.

Good call. Get on it Bears. Complaints galore.

Ps. As an aside.
Where are Club1872?

Everything you are saying is your opinion,you may be right or wrong,but here is the thing,people should stop wallowing in misery and looking for agendas from every soundbite.
We have an excellent opportunity to promote our Club at the moment, Stevie G is an A list personality, famous throughout the world of football as a player and hopefully soon as a manager.

We have a young Centre Forward who is getting compliments from elite footballers and has the potential to get to the top in world football and make us a lot of money in the process.

The Club and our fans do tremendous charity work, We have a story to tell.
Of course, we should have a department that protects our brand but leave that to the professionals.

Look up and outwards harness the free publicity and move forward, all the Dorrans, Yousef and the likes are insignificant trying to be relevant and using our Club to gain a profile, stop biting back its what they want, they are unknown and irrelevant outwith this tiny wee part of the planet.

where do I start with this? Let's start at the beginning.

You're correct we are a brand but, the thing about brands are they need protecting thus, having an advocate in family law and the deputy of Scotland's women's aid attack our club and infer the supporters of our club are violent thugs that attack their partners and would give them a black eye is a damn disgrace and needs to be addressed by every supporter because it's us she has tagged as anti-social bullies. it was also highly unprofessional of her for so many reasons with the biggest one being she has lied just so she could have a bigoted dig at us!

What she said, is social conditioning via associating us with violence and anti-social behaviour so, id say to you that, posters fighting back and attacking those that attack us is not us " biting", it's us saying enough is enough.

Now, if you don't want to grasp that or have your eyes shut and fingers in your ears to block all the abuse then that's up to you but the rest of us would rather just get on with standing up for not only ourselves but the name of the supporters and that brand you spoke about!

Last edited:
where do I start with this? Let's start at the beginning.

You're correct we are a brand but, the thing about brands are they need protecting thus, having an advocate in family law and the deputy of Scotland's women's aid attack our club and infer the supporters of our club are violent thugs that attack their partners and would give them a black eye is a damn disgrace and needs to be addressed by every supporter because it's us she has tagged as anti-social bullies. it was also highly unprofessional of her for so many reasons with the biggest one being she has lied just so she could have a bigoted dig at us!

What she said, is social conditioning via associating us with violence and anti-social behaviour so, id say to you that, posters fighting back and attacking those that attack us is not us " biting", it's us saying enough is enough.

Now, if you don't want to grasp that or have your eyes shut and fingers in your ears to block all the abuse then that's up to you but the rest of us would rather just get on with standing up for not only ourselves but the name of the supporters and that brand you spoke about!
I didnt say the Club shouldn't protect it self,I clearly said they should in my post.Get professionals on board to do this.You have completely ignored my other points about promoting our club in a positive way.Do you not get it that while you are spending time looking down on fellow posters and insulting them this is exactly what our would be detractors would want.
Since you seem to have appointed yourself as a spokesperson for "the rest of us ".i assume you've canvassed every body on that point,then maybe you could do something and send your complaint to the relevant authorities.

I didnt say the Club shouldn't protect it self,I clearly said they should in my post.Get professionals on board to do this.You have completely ignored my other points about promoting our club in a positive way.Do you not get it that while you are spending time looking down on fellow posters and insulting them this is exactly what our would be detractors would want.
Since you seem to have appointed yourself as a spokesperson for "the rest of us ".i assume you've canvassed every body on that point,then maybe you could do something and send your complaint to the relevant authorities.

You don't have any points mate, you made ramblings and nothing more.

Let's explain it this way to you, it's our fans that are being called violent and domestic abusers and that's social conditioning, that's putting the image into the heads of the public that not only is our support associated with sectarian behaviour, its also now being associated with being violent thugs..Have you heard anything from the club about this so far? Anything? whilst the club is waiting to make a statement/comment, the fans who are being attacked by this bigot have the right to defend themselves.

I'm also not "looking down on fellow posters" and in fact for the past few weeks have helped countless posters with how to write to MP's/MSP's and contact details for the solicitor general and the Lord Advocate and id suggest to you that the majority on this thread agree with me and it's you that's on the outside with your opinion.

I'm nobody's spokesperson but, I will stand up against those that attack us. and I'll always help those that ask for my help in doing the same.

Now, you can go back to doing nothing because the help I have given has helped make this happen

I started the thread on this case and the evidence "going missing", in others words dumped by Glasgow PF.

SCRAPPED Politician demands answers after nine Celtic fans accused of hanging sex doll effigies at Rangers rivals walked free following evidence blunder

"I'm sure you will recall this incident which was widely regarded as deeply offensive provocation and a hate crime."

Last edited:
RANGERS have hit out at the BBC after a contributor referenced the club during a domestic abuse segment.

Scottish Women’s Aid chair Nicola Gilchrist appeared on Friday night’s edition of The Nine on BBC Scotland.

She was invited on to speak about a new law due to come into effect in Scotland next month that will make controlling and coercive behaviour a criminal offence.

Fiona Drouet – the mother of Aberdeen University student Emily Drouet, who killed herself in 2016 after being a victim of such abuse – was also a guest on the show.

And after Mrs Drouet admitted she wanted people to educate themselves about the dangers of controlling and coercive behaviour, Ms Gilchrist agreed.

She said: “This is what I think is so vital actually, is changing the shape of this.

“Educating people that domestic abuse is not a black eye after the Rangers lose or something. That is not what we are talking about.

“We are talking about what Fiona’s talking about here, that the shame and humiliation of living with this, that is going to, I think, shape the conversation in Scotland.”

A Rangers spokesperson said: “The first thing to be stressed is that domestic abuse should be condemned at every opportunity.

“Once again, however, the BBC provided a platform from which Rangers could be denigrated.

“Even so, it was astounding to hear Nicola Gilchrist single out Rangers. Perhaps she would like to explain why, while discussing this awful form of abuse, she felt it necessary to reference a club which does more than any other to help ease and eradicate the myriad problems faced by people in our local and wider communities.’

A number of Rangers fans have been angered by the reference to the Ibrox club losing games in Gilchrist’s response.

And many have demanded both she and the Beeb apologise for the remarks.

A BBC Scotland spokesperson said: “We did an item on The Nine which was highlighting the important issue of domestic abuse and its tragic consequences.”

SunSport has contacted Scottish Women’s Aid for comment.

Last week Rangers fans protested against BBC Scotland’s coverage of the club outside its Pacific Quay HQ in Glasgow.

They unleashed a banner blast which read: “Biased, bigoted, corrupt. DON’T FUND OUR HATERS. BBC, LICENCE TO LIE.”

The organisations are embroiled in a long-term disagreement, relating to senior journalist Chris McLaughlin’s Ibrox ban.

"A BBC Scotland spokesperson said: “We did an item on The Nine which was highlighting the important issue of domestic abuse and its tragic consequences.”

Yes you did. And you and your guest still found time to take a petty dig at the club in the middle of an important issue facing families up and down the country.

It says more about your hatred and unprofessionalism than anything I could come up with.

"A BBC Scotland spokesperson said: “We did an item on The Nine which was highlighting the important issue of domestic abuse and its tragic consequences.”

Yes you did. And you and your guest still found time to take a petty dig at the club in the middle of an important issue facing families up and down the country.

It says more about your hatred and unprofessionalism than anything I could come up with.
Why don't we as a club, just go to war with these people, for a start ban everyone of them from Ibrox and from interviews, lets get it out in the open and let all of the uk see how we are being treated.

Back