BBC Scotland: Domestic Abuse - Rangers name dropped

Fat boot that no one other than a mentally challenged would pump.
Hope the board ruin her shitty career and her life collapses around her.

Is she an employee of the BBC or a guest of them.
Either way, I suppose, the BBC are responsible for their output.

They don't give a shit.

Not a thing will be done about it, like the past decade, we will be getting it right up us and will continue to do so.

There will be the usual mumble in here, they'll drop by and have a laugh, then it'll be business as usual.

It's too late.

Or is more likely the case, the team name she was fed as an example before the interview by the production team !!
The chat before they went to air would have been along the lines of Rangers fans beating their wives after every defeat as if it were a common occurrence, a flippant yet dangerous and most derogatory comment.

Only surprise was she didn't throw in we only marry catholics so we can beat them when we lose!

Is this woman a confirmed celtic fan?

Do we have evidence?

she doesn't have any posts on her twitter saying it but she's a pal of Mcalpine a crazy catholic whore and tbh, it doesn't matter if she is a fan of them or not as she's being totally unprofessional in her women's aid role to use that to have a cheap dig at us just because she's on the BBC

It makes you wonder if the BBC discussed how the interview would go and then told her to mention us.

Does anyone know who is responsible at Rangers for dealing with these incidents. This will continue until each and every incident is reported by Rangers as a club . Individual fans complaining only goes so far. These people are attacking each and everyone if us with these statements and the club need to make a stand .

Scandal an out and out scandal, the endless BBC and mainstream media narrative continues.

It's outrageous beyond words and is getting worse not better.

When we have exhausted all reasonable means of seeking balance and fairness, when the broadcaster and the rest of the media ignore the blatant victimization and bias, when Politicians will do nothing, when the Police will do nothing, what are we to do?

When the Procurator Fiscal's office can simply destroy evidence, TWICE, to get fellow Celtic followers off the hook, when the national broadcaster has a blatant agenda, when the government refuses to acknowledge and mention a terror attack on one of our universities, we are no longer living in a country where the rule of law applies, and as Brexit has shown, we dont live in a democracy either.

When a football club can run a massive paedophile ring and Police, politicians and media conspire to ensure the club escapes sanction and when a religion can be so riddled with child abusers that they themselves admit that in Scotland alone the church is aware of 100s of cases yet they have reported none to the authorities, and the authorities do nothing. How much more can we take?

Last edited:
I don't watch any programme produced by BBC Scotland and don't know anything about the style/content of the programme from which the clip has been taken. It strikes me that if it is a "live" programme then the jolly old beeb can try to say that they are not responsible for the comments of individual guest contributors. On the other hand if it is pre-recorded then we might legitimately ask which producer thought that this content should remain in unedited.

As regards the actual comment, whether it was calculated or throwaway, I think we are entitled at the least to say that the contributor could have illustrated her point in a way which does not demonise one group solely.

I don't watch any programme produced by BBC Scotland and don't know anything about the style/content of the programme from which the clip has been taken. It strikes me that if it is a "live" programme then the jolly old beeb can try to say that they are not responsible for the comments of individual guest contributors. On the other hand if it is pre-recorded then we might legitimately ask which producer thought that this content should remain in unedited.

As regards the actual comment, whether it was calculated or throwaway, I think we are entitled at the least to say that the contributor could have illustrated her point in a way which does not demonise one group solely.

The guests that had been asked to appear would have met with the producer beforehand and knew the narrative so ,for me for this was not some "honest mistake" and instead another BBC dig.

When do we get stage two of the playbook and the “Rangers fans sent me online abuse” line?

Doesn't matter if it's politician, journalist or working for a domestic abuse charity - there is not one single role that mob won't exploit in order to try and get one over us.

They simply cannot be trusted with any level of responsibility. They're incapable of acting in good faith.

she doesn't have any posts on her twitter saying it but she's a pal of Mcalpine a crazy catholic whore and tbh, it doesn't matter if she is a fan of them or not as she's being totally unprofessional in her women's aid role to use that to have a cheap dig at us just because she's on the BBC

It makes you wonder if the BBC discussed how the interview would go and then told her to mention us.

It does matter, mate, as it adds weight to any claim that she used our name for a cheap dig.

Either way I agree she ha been totally unprofessional.

It's constant with they wankers at the BBC Scotland, this is a drip, drip attempt at muddying the Rangers names.
Bad = Rangers.
Cunts.

The presenter could have corrected her.

What do you think harms Rangers more?

Ignoring the comment on the slight chance it wasn’t an intentional dig.

Make a big deal about it, bring attention to the comment, and increase the chances that the idiots in our support will send her abuse.
Aye just stay quiet and they wont do in again...honest mistake and all that. Rusbbish!! Too long this sh1te has went on. As a club and a support we now have to fight back at this sort of thing.

The club are going to lose fans if they don’t get their house in order soon. The half arsed video and dossier by Robertson and Traynor was yet another cop out. If we don’t sue for defamation of brand in a sustained manner then I am struggling to stay onside. We are allowing a national broadcaster to dehumanise our support in a systematic manner. Our board are a total joke. Very angry at this.

Ive said similar on here but the reaction was 'who cares'? Then the usual 'there are plenty more to take your place'. Its pathetic.

Is there any other organisation in the world that allows its 'customers' to get attacked and abused day after day after day?

Read about this on here last night but didn’t see it until this morning.

That’s genuinely outrageous.

The constant drip of the narrative is staggering.

Rangers need to take action. BBC Scotland are out of control. These attacks feel daily.

I'm not surprised to find the SNP, Sturgeon, Godley and various anti-British/anti-government 'likes' on the fat boots on Twitter.

our club are not interested.

Mate, I think we sometimes expect too much of the club. I agree that the matter is an outrage, but it is up to us, everyone of us to do something. As a community we lack leadership, in fact we lack any real cohesion.

The sense of sheer frustration and outrage is palpable everywhere, every Bear and I mean every single one I talk to feels the same. Anger at the gross unfairness and ill treatment, frustration outrage.

The People are ready for something, I dont know quite what, but the current path cant and wont be allowed to continue.

Scandal an out and out scandal, the endless BBC and mainstream media narrative continues.

It's outrageous beyond words and is getting worse not better.

When we have exhausted all reasonable means of seeking balance and fairness, when the broadcaster and the rest of the media ignore the blatant victimization and bias, when Politicians will do nothing, when the Police will do nothing, what are we to do?

When the Procurator Fiscal's office can simply destroy evidence, TWICE, to get fellow Celtic followers off the hook, when the national broadcaster has a blatant agenda, when the government refuses to acknowledge and mention a terror attack on one of our universities, we are no longer living in a country where the rule of law applies, and as Brexit has shown, we dont live in a democracy either.

When a football club can run a massive paedophile ring and Police, politicians and media conspire to ensure the club escapes sanction and when a religion can be so riddled with child abusers that they themselves admit that in Scotland alone the church is aware of 100s of cases yet they have reported none to the authorities, and the authorities do nothing. How much more can we take?
Totally agree with all that you have said RB. However, in the short to medium term, it is difficult to see what the remedy is. The situation that you have so accurately described didn’t just happen. Instead, there was a clear and sadly, a successful initiative to ensure that there were people in key positions who would be able to develop and promote a definite agenda. Such people are unlikely to change or move on.

She says "the Rangers LOSE" Its simple as that. Even says "The" twice. Probably took all her will power not to blurt out sevco instead of Rangers. One of the most obvious agendas we've seen and that's saying something isn't it? Even though I should be well passed being shocked by now,I honestly cannot quite believe that was on national television. Disgusting.

Totally agree with all that you have said RB. However, in the short to medium term, it is difficult to see what the remedy is. The situation that you have so accurately described didn’t just happen. Instead, there was a clear and sadly, a successful initiative to ensure that there were people in key positions who would be able to develop and promote a definite agenda. Such people are unlikely to change or move on.

I agree with you mate, but I think we need more direct and prompt action than waiting for certain incumbents to change, retire or move on. I shouldnt say more lest I be banned from this esteemed forum.

It would surely have been simpler for her to say “football news” than The Rangers lose.She has either been given the name of our club or has it firmly in her mind.Either way the BBC,our national and publicly funded broadcaster,is responsible for its output.This slur on our support is unacceptable and needs called out by Rangers and Club 1872.
The unfortunate thing is we will have helped give her the 15 minutes of fame that she doesn’t deserve particularly if we go all Timmy on her on Twitter.

Good work sir.

1. Admit she abused her position to accuse a solitary Club she does not support of causing 'domestic abuse'.

2. An online, printed and broadcast apology.

3. She should be censured to the severest extent by each of the professions she is employed by. What letters does she have after her name, professional bodies have codes of conduct and she fell short by this - a defamation case here surely.

4. She is given training in handling the mhedia.

5. Who invited her and who were the production staff that allowed this to be broadcast without any recourse by the Club?

6. Horrible grisly gargouleishness.

Over and above everything you have correctly pointed out, the BBC have a responsibility as the broadcaster by giving her the platform to spout her throw away comments. No surprise though there's been no attempt by them to distance themselves from her suggestive remark.

Mate, I think we sometimes expect too much of the club. I agree that the matter is an outrage, but it is up to us, every one of us to do something. As a community we lack leadership, in fact, we lack any real cohesion.

The sense of sheer frustration and outrage is palpable everywhere, every Bear and I mean every single one I talk to feels the same. Anger at the gross unfairness and ill-treatment, frustration outrage.

People are ready for something, I don't know quite what, but the current path can't and won't be allowed to continue.

it's not too much to expect the club to protect the brand mate because that's exactly what we are

I see it slightly differently. She may be a bheast apologist (or not), but John Beattie should have come in and said "or any football team" to show it can happen all over. He's more to blame imho.

mate, they would have had a production meeting before they even went on air and they would all have known the way the interview was going to go. They are all complicit in yet another BBC attack on our club

Back