Match Thread Celtic v Rangers - 12:00 Sunday - Sky Sports

He had an unblemished record before he signed for us.
Playing in a small mentality league and team.

Step him up a level and give him pressure and he implodes. Playing with the big boys now and needs to wise up instead of throwing toys (and elbows) about when he gets a wee dig from someone.

Brown saw the broadfoot incident last week and knew he would take the bait. He's a lady's front bottom, nothing new, but wouldnt be doing his job if he didnt wind Alfie up. Absolute fucking idiot, and we'll be lucky to get away with a 3 nil.

Regardless, we have been rotten today. Can't pass, slack at the back, and when we do leave 2 up at corners, couldn't hit them with a sniper rifle. We're making Boyata and Ajer look like superstars.

I was going to suggest Worrall (worst game in a while) for Laff, slot Ross in at CB and go 441, but Laff's not even on the bench!!!

Going to be a long afternoon.

1st line on a tactics sheet when playing Rangers is provoke Morelos for a reaction.
No other player in this country gets that attention.
Then grin on Lego eaters face sickens me and now the demonisation continues in the media.

Morelos had to go.
Broon however does not get off.
All this about niggling a player off the ball always being part of the game is just nonsense.
It goes on of course, but usually out of the eye of the referee.
When it is seen it should be punished there is nothing lawful about it.
Except when it is in Scotland and you are dishing it out to Morelos.
Brown should be cited.

Nah.
Brown did nothing that couldn’t be explained away as a coming together. It happens a dozen times a game and we used to do it to the mutants regularly (like McCoist pulling Dzowcyks’ hair etc)

The more we make excuses for him the easier it is for him.
He has hung us all out to dry and I hope someone this very minute is in that dressing room going completely fucking through him.

I know Candeias can be hot and cold plus a few others haven’t turned up. But what are we meant to do? Our issue before the red was Worrel’s distribution. I thought for a couple of minutes immediately after the goal we looked liked we had woken up.

After the red, it’s all hands to the pump. I’m willing to give the 10 men a pass at that point because they’ve been landed in it without forgetting how bad we were up to their goal.

We need a change now but Defoe isn’t the answer. I think we bring Kamara on to put his foot on the ball in the middle of the park. McCrorie has to come off before he’s sent off. Leave Kent up top. At least he has some pace.

Not much else we can do and it’s a horrible feeling

We can’t carry Defoe with 10 men offers nothing outside the box

It sickens me if he brings Defoe on now expecting miracles . He should’ve played from the start .

I’m afraid I predicted today almost to the letter and was called negative , trenches etc .

I take no pleasure in being right and to me Alfie should not have played I said wrap him in cotton wool to ensure the transfer fee is safeguarded , injury worried me , hopefully today’s the last straw and he’s droppedxto the bench .

I’m off out and will be taking Fck all to do with football for a while . Major work required with our football club . Fcking gutted .

I'm not angry at Alfredo.

I just pity him. He's not wired right. He didn't even have to think to lash out. It was just an instinctive thing.

As a side issue, Alfredo Morelos is not the reason we'll lose the game. We were beat the moment Celtic scored and you all know it. Our malaise is deeper than one nutter.

That's strange the mics got turned down there. Is Dornan listening?

59k singing it at the piggery while a few hundred at Ibrox ca a faux outrage.

Nil by mouth will live up to their name on this one.
Forget about Morelos acting like a wee fanny and pulling his transfer value back down again.
What was the game plan?
What was the idea?
Was it just to smash it away, or pass it anywhere, and really just give to Kent as if he’s the second coming of Laudrup?

Biggest disappointment is that we’ve barely progressed from last season. 29th December was just another false dawn.

The beauty for Celtic is that it allows them to take the cheap option of Lennon on permanently.

SG cannot beat him, and our team next year looks to be possibly worse than this one.

Expectations through the floor.

Stupid fro. Morelos to react like that but we all know if the roles were reversed it wouldn't have been a red. Brown is a cheating prick and I hope someone breaks his leg.

Brown slightly tripped Morelos, nothing else. It happens all the time. Absolutely embarrassing from Morelos, he might be our best player but it's time to cash in on him but we'll be lucky to get what he's actually worth now.

In this game, I don’t get how that could be worse? He’s done nothing good like scoring against them (again) and because of him we’re playing 2/3 of a game with 10 men.

We need to sign team players with nous and quality. Not talented men-children who shirk the battle when it’s most important.

Aye get him to %^*& and get Greg Stewart & Jordan Jones in.

If no one cements that prick Brown I’ll be angrier than I will be if we get beat.

Not holding my breath though, bunch of fucking pussies.

Just seeing the replay back, that’s not a red. No contact with the face, wasn’t an elbow. A yellow for both players was the correct decision.

As it stands he's got a lot to prove he deserves to stay. An absolute cowardly move here again. Did the same last time at their midden, despite taking a tanking, he's had the team sit back and invited the cunts onto us. Which has resulted in us on the back foot, losing a goal and then Alfredo losing the head. It's all on him. He's no better than Murty or Pedro. He had us perform to a degree in Europe down to the initial impact a world class player has, which has fallen away. He's not learnt from his mistakes, unable to change a team tactically with subs and is living on his players reputation and the fact he talks a good game. He has better players than Murty or Pedro had yet we're not much better off. Despite having better players and the filth and sheep falling away. He should be on a shoddy peg.

Watch now as he sits back and tries to hold onto a low level defeat then makes like for like changes when they won't have time to make a real impact.

Scunnered.
So, do you want him out or not?

Why has morelos done that? What is the point in lashing out? We still had a chance of a result before that moment of stupidity

He is a Rangers player so I guess it is natural to want to defend him. However, Brown taps his ankle and he flings an elbow back at head height. In any game, at any level, it is a clear and obvious red card and Morelos sold the jerseys today. It is not even close enough a call to open a debate about it, he was absolutely fucking stupid and fully deserved the card that was shown.

I’m not going to excuse Morelos at all

but %^*& it must be frustrating playing with a bunch wet blankets

not watching but is the Morelos' red card the sort of thing that Brown wouldn't be sent off for because Madden and co would crap their pants at the thought of it

not defending it but it sounds like it is
No. Anyone would have been sent off for it.
It was a straight red - no doubt

If you watch the replay Brown knows the elbow is coming and slows down to avoid it, Job done as far as he's concerned

not watching but is the Morelos' red card the sort of thing that Brown wouldn't be sent off for because Madden and co would crap their pants at the thought of it

not defending it but it sounds like it is

Well wait until you see it then FFs

it was a red all day long

Said it umpteen times, he is no use to us sitting in the stand. How much does he knock off his value after that?
Leave him out of remaining games and maybe, just maybe the fucking penny will drop, but somehow I doubt it.

Aye £20m down to £15m for a red don’t talk shit .

It’s bonkers not having Lafferty today. We could have tried 4-3-2 at least if the big man was available.
Literally the only scenario where Defoe is an option at Parkhead is if we steam roll them early on and you bring him on to exploit the space. The times that’s happened in my 30 years at the piggery I can count on 1 hand.

You’re going for a scrap, you need the players and options for it.

Performance and tactics cant be defended. It’s been terrible. Pathetic to be honest.

There is no dig or grit in this side, nevermind when the going gets tough. We lack spirit, resolve, composure and technique.

We’ve average players that are mentally weak and never good enough to play for Rangers if we want to be title contenders.

Too many losers in the dressing room and has been for years.

Simply cannot legislate for Morelos anymore.

I’d play him after suspension just to keep his value up. Punted for as big a fee as possible to allow us to strengthen.

McGregor & Kent aside, we’re miles off it.

Morelos aside ,we have been poor here.

Powder puff in the tackle , the amount of times I have watched a Rangers player tackling with the wrong foot in that half was countless.

Wasteful in possession , no creativity whatsoever in midfield , a worry I had when I saw both Jack and McCrorie in there.

Crazy from Morelos in that atmosphere today .

Could literally just read the same comments form the first game at their midden. No heart, no desire, can’t pass, can’t tackle, can’t create. Just a game where it’s damage limitation from the kick off.

Facts are we still have players in that side who think getting beat 1 or 2 nil is a positive result.

Game is dead. Occasion has got to us yet again. Can't even describe the frustration at Alfredo just now.

Need to try get out of there without conceding again.

As it stands he's got a lot to prove he deserves to stay. An absolute cowardly move here again. Did the same last time at their midden, despite taking a tanking, he's had the team sit back and invited the cunts onto us. .

We didn't take a tanking last time. This is a standard Parkhead performance, including under Walter first time.

Latest posts

Back