Match Thread Celtic v Rangers - 12:00 Sunday - Sky Sports

Can’t defend Morelos today clear red and minimal provocation sell him he is a liability.
Worral and Candeis embarrassing created most of our defensive issues including goal be giving ball away. We have had 4 potential breaks and Candeis gave ball away each time
Not defending motels in the slightest.but Brown gets away with what Alfie did all the time.

We looked to be in damage limitation mode right from the start.
That's exactly where we are right now.
We need a grafting second 45 and I don't think bringing on Defoe helps this as he won't get any service at all.
We aren't capable of getting back into this.

We're a scared team out of our depth today. We can blame Alfie all we like, but anywhere else and Broonaldo's kick off the ball is a straight red card.

Morelos needs dropped and sold in the summer ,end of ,he now thinks he’s bigger than the team .

So angry with him

As it stands he's got a lot to prove he deserves to stay. An absolute cowardly move here again. Did the same last time at their midden, despite taking a tanking, he's had the team sit back and invited the cunts onto us. Which has resulted in us on the back foot, losing a goal and then Alfredo losing the head. It's all on him. He's no better than Murty or Pedro. He had us perform to a degree in Europe down to the initial impact a world class player has, which has fallen away. He's not learnt from his mistakes, unable to change a team tactically with subs and is living on his players reputation and the fact he talks a good game. He has better players than Murty or Pedro had yet we're not much better off. Despite having better players and the filth and sheep falling away. He should be on a shoddy peg.

Watch now as he sits back and tries to hold onto a low level defeat then makes like for like changes when they won't have time to make a real impact.

Scunnered.
Agree 100% .

Can’t defend Morelos today clear red and minimal provocation sell him he is a liability.
Worral and Candeis embarrassing created most of our defensive issues including goal be giving ball away. We have had 4 potential breaks and Candeis gave ball away each time

Yes he has to go he won’t change. I’d play Defoe and Lafferty until the end of the season now and get a sale agreed but we won’t be getting £20m now his temperament is too suspect.

It doesn’t matter, he would have probably been sent off for intent even if he’d missed. So stupid from Alfie.

Rest of the team putting in a shift. Worrall has been dreadful - shocking defending for the goal and needlessly gave the ball away twice not dissimilar to the Killie game. Get Katic on.

Probably mate , it's so fucking annoying as these cunts are bang average too

Oh ryan jack and Candeias according to most on here are two of our better players apparently but they need punted in summer.

Morelos isnt even our biggest worry. Quite simply an embarassing first half.
Gerrard simply must change it to attempt to get back into the game.

Why is no one talking about brown as a professional football player? Didnt candieas get a yellow card earlier in the season for goading an opposition player? Why is it acceptable for brown to stamp and goad morelos?

The players are still shit scared of the tramps.

It's heartbreaking. I thought December marked the end of that.

The complete lack of aggression, fight, energy, closing them, etc today compared to December (from the exact same players) is unbelievable.

It was the exact same at 11 vs 11 either.

It's so cowardly and weak and it allows them to look much better than they are.

What a let down from Morelos. Imagine falling for brown's antics. Now it's a procession for the bheasts towards our goal.

I don’t understand why the whole focus of commentary, and the punditry box the entire focus is one players’ antics. It’s not the Alfredo Morelos show, it’s a game involving 22 players. How many more times are they going to mention it?

Why is Kris Boyd getting so animated about Morelos, but not at Brown kicking out at him, rolling about (holding his face after getting slapped on the chest lightly), and then laughing at him, is perfectly professional behaviour?

As it stands he's got a lot to prove he deserves to stay. An absolute cowardly move here again. Did the same last time at their midden, despite taking a tanking, he's had the team sit back and invited the cunts onto us. Which has resulted in us on the back foot, losing a goal and then Alfredo losing the head. It's all on him. He's no better than Murty or Pedro. He had us perform to a degree in Europe down to the initial impact a world class player has, which has fallen away. He's not learnt from his mistakes, unable to change a team tactically with subs and is living on his players reputation and the fact he talks a good game. He has better players than Murty or Pedro had yet we're not much better off. Despite having better players and the filth and sheep falling away. He should be on a shoddy peg.

Watch now as he sits back and tries to hold onto a low level defeat then makes like for like changes when they won't have time to make a real impact.

Scunnered.

Why don't you crawl back to Kerrydale?

I guess you wouldn't have picked Morelos??

Could literally just read the same comments form the first game at their midden. No heart, no desire, can’t pass, can’t tackle, can’t create. Just a game where it’s damage limitation from the kick off.

Facts are we still have players in that side who think getting beat 1 or 2 nil is a positive result.

We blamed that one on tiredness, what’s today’s excuse?

We were losing this game anyway the way it was going, but Morelos has turned a probable defeat into a possible hammering.

His stupidity has covered the gutless hopeless performances of several other players.
Candeias, Worrall, Goldson, Jack, Arfield have all been rubbish.

Gerrard needs to get rid of more than half this squad or he will inevitably get the sack.

After all the big talk yesterday and Friday, it’s back to “same old, same old”.

Pathetic rehash of the same tactics which failed so miserably so often before this season.

Usual suspects failing to turn up (Worrall, Candeais, Jack especially)

As for Morelos, words fail me. He might have talent but he has no temperament and no brains. This is how he rewards the club for yet another new and improved contract?

Let’s face facts, we need a clear out of at least 8 of the players who started today. And the manager needs to take a long, hard look at himself in the mirror and ask himself if he really believes he’s cut out for managing because we’re seen precious little evidence so far.

Lennon knew how we’d set up, we all did.

Does anyone think Walter would have gone to the piggery with that formation.

Nullify our right-hand side and we have nothing.

The lac of leadership on that pitch is unacceptable.

Nah.
Brown did nothing that couldn’t be explained away as a coming together. It happens a dozen times a game and we used to do it to the mutants regularly (like McCoist pulling Dzowcyks’ hair etc)

The more we make excuses for him the easier it is for him.
He has hung us all out to dry and I hope someone this very minute is in that dressing room going completely fucking through him.
I am not excusing his reaction.
I am nailing the lie that Brown's behaviour is acceptable within the laws.
It isn't.

Worrall has been shocking but Goldson doesn't cover himself in glory at their goal either.

Midfield not offering any protection to back 4, not winning any duels in there.

Cards on the table. I switched off after they scored. Morelos getting sent off by all accounts being suckered by chief orc. He obviously is not listening to what if anything he is being told. I haven’t seen it but enough is enough he can go and probably wiped off x millions cos he doesn’t learn and is a liability

not watching but is the Morelos' red card the sort of thing that Brown wouldn't be sent off for because Madden and co would crap their pants at the thought of it

not defending it but it sounds like it is

No. It was idiotic by Morelos, I love him and have defended him but that was terrible deciumaking by him and has really put us in the sh*t.

I know Candeias can be hot and cold plus a few others haven’t turned up. But what are we meant to do? Our issue before the red was Worrel’s distribution. I thought for a couple of minutes immediately after the goal we looked liked we had woken up.

After the red, it’s all hands to the pump. I’m willing to give the 10 men a pass at that point because they’ve been landed in it without forgetting how bad we were up to their goal.

We need a change now but Defoe isn’t the answer. I think we bring Kamara on to put his foot on the ball in the middle of the park. McCrorie has to come off before he’s sent off. Leave Kent up top. At least he has some pace.

Not much else we can do and it’s a horrible feeling

This is another aspect to the red: it somewhat lets the rest of the players and the management team off the hook. All the chat is on Alfie now and will be after the game. Thing is, even if Morelos stayed on the park, we'd still be lucky to be going in 1-0 down at half time. It's been a shit show since kickoff

Everything that you dreaded could go wrong....

Our passing is poor and we create problems for ourselves

Players/team looking mentally and not up to the game

No shots at goal

Morelos getting red-carded

Their players finding space that we don't

Hoping that somehow, against all likelihood that our players somehow rise to the occasion but remembering how many times they haven;t this season

Stupid fro. Morelos to react like that but we all know if the roles were reversed it wouldn't have been a red. Brown is a cheating prick and I hope someone breaks his leg.

I agree if the roles were reversed they would also have sent Morelos off for the kick, you only have to look at the McKenna incident where he was sent off for McKenna lashing out

Back