Match Thread Celtic v Rangers - 12:00 Sunday - Sky Sports

Time to put Les Infant Terrible in the stand
I wouldn't play him again

The league is gone
And we've nothing to play for and once asking this clown lets us down

Thanks for all the goals against Hamilton and Dundee Alfie
Sling your hook

We started okay, first 5 mins or so. Then they came right into it but you’d expect that!

We gave the ball away a few times Worrall being mani culprit, then obviously Candeias for the goal. But just before that we were up the pitch a few times

Obviously red card has fucked it

Utter stupidity from Morelos, not for the first time. I’m trying to hold back about what I really think of him right now.

He’s a fuckin liability at times.

Another season of nothing.

You wouldn't expect otherwise from him would you?

If we had a player that acted the way Brown does, I bet you he would be assaulted and seriously injured by one of them.

Scum like him are the problem in this country.

Wish he'd fall in front of a bus, the guy is rancid.
I hate his fucking guts the ugly 19th Century Terrorist %^*&. Scummy bastard

That goal we conceded is a shambles. We should never be losing a goal there but made 4 or 5 mistakes in a row and practically gifted them it.

Sky's slowed down footage - minimal contact with the lego eater's chest if anything. Broon down like he'd been shot holding his face while another of the rats runs at the linesman making the 'red card' gesture. Madden has the card out before he's turned as well.

Now, I think he's been daft to let them ask the question, but it is NOT a red card offence. If his is, then Broon with his simulation plus his initial dig also is, all based on intent.

Why is no one talking about brown as a professional football player? Didnt candieas get a yellow card earlier in the season for goading an opposition player? Why is it acceptable for brown to stamp and goad morelos?

Because that's how it works in Scotland with Morelos.

You can taunt, kick, goad, elbow, stamp, rake, mock him to wind him up with no repercussions but as soon as he reacts everyone comes down on his reaction like a ton of bricks.

It's became the nations new favourite past time.

Morelos can’t be defended. It’s pathetic to react in that way, it’s exactly what brown wants. 4 match ban coming up I think - he’s missed so much football, in big games he is clearly a liability. 3 reds against Aberdeen, and 1 against Celtic. It’s poor.

We also can’t pass. The goal came from a loose pass from Candeias (and also a centre half pairing you could drive a bus through). So many easy passes misplaced.

We are standing off them and we look scared, not the way to play the scum and we are handing the game to them.

We need to get in about them, contest every ball and fight, but there looks no fight in this Rangers team.

Brown laughing as Morelos walks tells you all you need to know. Alfredo's still a daft young lad but Brown was 100% the initial aggressor and conned the ref with his rolling about. Not even sure how much contact there actually was.

I don’t understand why the whole focus of commentary, and the punditry box the entire focus is one players’ antics. It’s not the Alfredo Morelos show, it’s a game involving 22 players. How many more times are they going to mention it?

because it's "operation lets drop the value of Morelos because Rangers can't have good things"

media have been at it for months, even if the player doesn't help himself at times

If you watch Alfredo’s elbow in slow motion, it’s not that bad, it’s more of a forearm block which brown was obviously waiting for and went down like he’d been hit by an elephant gun. Maybe even a yellow in some other situations.

No excuse for Alfredo taking the bait though, far too easy for Brown.

Can't even speak about it. He disgusts me. Horrible, selfish wee boy. Cant wait til he's away. His goals aren't worth how often he let's us down.

How often has he been defended on since he came? Absolutely fed up talking about it.

Let me be clear in saying I despise Brown as much as anyone here but had one of our guys wound up one of our players and got him sent off we’d be pishing ourselves laughing.
Morelos got done, his temperament is a huge weak link.
He’s devaluing himself on a regular basis.

Folk defending Morelos and Gerrard. Comical.
Morelos is indefensible.

After the last game it was 100% certain that they would goad him.

Gerrard I’m asking questions of, either the players are ignoring his tactics or they are rotten.

Regardless his bench selection is a joke.

Time to put Les Infant Terrible in the stand
I wouldn't play him again

The league is gone
And we've nothing to play for and once asking this clown lets us down

Thanks for all the goals against Hamilton and Dundee Alfie
Sling your hook

I agree. I'm over him. He's costing us for his own petulance.

This is another aspect to the red: it somewhat lets the rest of the players and the management team off the hook. All the chat is on Alfie now and will be after the game. Thing is, even if Morelos stayed on the park, we'd still be lucky to be going in 1-0 down at half time. It's been a shit show since kickoff
Agreed. Our right side versus their left has been honking as an example.

We're a scared team out of our depth today. We can blame Alfie all we like, but anywhere else and Broonaldo's kick off the ball is a straight red card.
Come on to %^*& mate, i hate the mongo but it wasn't a kick, it was a clip of the heels knowing full well our hot headed liability would react.

Morelos had to go.
Broon however does not get off.
All this about niggling a player off the ball always being part of the game is just nonsense.
It goes on of course, but usually out of the eye of the referee.
When it is seen it should be punished there is nothing lawful about it.
Except when it is in Scotland and you are dishing it out to Morelos.
Brown should be cited.

Looking at it, Morelos retaliates, red card, but Brown was not hit in the face as he reacts to.
Plus Browns smiling on the touch line is an admission of guilt. Morelos should not have reacted, he should have gone down if Brown had caught him.

Morelos was stupid for reacting

Brown is a cheat for clipping Morelos legs off the ball. Not seen by the official but will escape punishment.

Morelos only caught him on the chest with a hand. Not excessive force or brutality, so the red should be rescinded.

Its like deja vu.

Back