Match Thread Celtic v Rangers - 12:00 Sunday - Sky Sports

Why is Kris Boyd getting so animated about Morelos, but not at Brown kicking out at him, rolling about (holding his face after getting slapped on the chest lightly), and then laughing at him, is perfectly professional behaviour?

Boyd is, as every single Rangers fan should be, absolutely fucking livid with Morelos.

No matter what Brown did, Morelos sold the jerseys and was rightly sent off for flinging an elbow.

Pointing out his stupidity is not anto Rangers, it is pro Rangers.

Morelos is indefensible.

After the last game it was 100% certain that they would goad him.

Gerrard I’m asking questions of, either the players are ignoring his tactics or they are rotten.

Regardless his bench selection is a joke.

Or his tactics are just useless mate. I think you’ll find that’s closer to the truth.

It was a red, and I don’t defend it, but Brown doesn’t exactly have blood gushing from his nose, how much contact was there?

It was a flick out at the chest, zero contact with the face. By the rules, that’s now a yellow. It becomes a red if it’s contact with the neck or above.

Morelos was utterly moronic for reacting and giving Madden an option, but it’s still not a red.

I’ve defended Morelos to the hilt but enoughs enough. Left his team mates in the shit again and it’s damage limitation now.

Fuckin braindeed

Morelos should have done what every player against does.As soon as he feels brown having a niggle at him he should have gone down. The linesman wouldn't have seen it right enough.
He's let us down too often with stupid sending offs. Time to go I think.

Agree you can't defend Morelos reacting, however no criticism from any of the panel for Browns blatent cheating both at winding him up and holding his face. He was pushed in the chest, no more than that

Morelos can’t be defended. It’s pathetic to react in that way, it’s exactly what brown wants. 4 match ban coming up I think - he’s missed so much football, in big games he is clearly a liability. 3 reds against Aberdeen, and 1 against Celtic. It’s poor.

We also can’t pass. The goal came from a loose pass from Candeias (and also a centre half pairing you could drive a bus through). So many easy passes misplaced.

Need to see some big changes here. Candeias simply must come off. Nowhere near the quality we should have playing for us.

Fekin pish. Slimey cheating bassas knew exactly what they were doing going after Alfredo after we gubbed them. High time we shouted from the rafters about absolutely everything.

Candeias hiding is inexcusable.

Same old from him, a truly terrible footballer but the heart of a mouse.

Why people want gin playing every week, I will never know.

Why is Kris Boyd getting so animated about Morelos, but not at Brown kicking out at him, rolling about (holding his face after getting slapped on the chest lightly), and then laughing at him, is perfectly professional behaviour?
Kris boyd is a wanker, despite what the clapping seals on here would say.

Been very poor, I'm sure we will pick the bones on Morelos and the other 10 after the game but second half with no Lafferty even on the bench we are struggling for options. Be as well sacrificing Candeais for Defoe because IF we create a half chance we desperately need Jermaine on the pitch. Game had nil nil written all over it and we've completely fucked it against a distinctly average side

The players are still shit scared of the tramps.

It's heartbreaking. I thought December marked the end of that.

The complete lack of aggression, fight, energy, closing them, etc today compared to December (from the exact same players) is unbelievable.

It was the exact same at 11 vs 11 either.

It's so cowardly and weak and it allows them to look much better than they are.

A team of absolute shitebags mate and I'm fucking sick of it. Not 1 player out there is capable of standing up to these c*nts and should hang their heads in shame. Tbh I think alot of them don't care.

Why don't you crawl back to Kerrydale?

I guess you wouldn't have picked Morelos??
I wouldn't have sat back and invited the cunts onto us which is exactly what didn't work last time at their midden. Crawl back to Kerrydale because I'm unhappy at our Managers pish yet again? Clown.

Because he is a Rangers man who is angry at our best player having the brain of a goldfish and letting the club down in our biggest game.

At what point do we question Gerrard properly here?

For me he’s clueless and out his depth.

despite the bang average quality of this Rangers team, he has not set us up or motivated the players to get the most out of their (limited) ability.

We need another major re build, is he the manager to do that?
I think not

Playing in a small mentality league and team.

Step him up a level and give him pressure and he implodes. Playing with the big boys now and needs to wise up instead of throwing toys (and elbows) about when he gets a wee dig from someone.
I would think anyone who gets kicked from pillar to post week in week out would react like that, especially when those who kick him remain unpunished.
I also don't believe he wouldn't have received similar treatment at his previous club.

How many games will Morelos get for that? That's 5 reds (although one was rescinded). Might have played his last game for us, the way the games will rack-up?

Not taking anything away from Morelos being a numpty, but the standard of referring in this country is so bad that you can get away with winding-up (assaulting) other players without punishment.

Morelos has not cost us the game, but we won't win it because of him. Both central defenders are honking and being bullied by Edourde. Candeias keeps giving the ball away, as did Worrall early on. Our only chance is Kent doing something. I'd get Candeias off and bring in Kamara.

Idiotic to say the least. It’s okay to say dont play him again, but we still need his goals.

Brown drags his foot down morelos ankle
Morelos lashes out and hits brown in the chest
Brown falls to the deck holding his face
Morelos goes off as it is a red card
Brown stands there laughing

Thats it, game plan done and dusted.

Sorry but Morelos is not clever enough to be our player. He should have simulated the foul as soon as Brown dragged his foot down his ankle

1st line on a tactics sheet when playing Rangers is provoke Morelos for a reaction.
No other player in this country gets that attention.
Then grin on Lego eaters face sickens me and now the demonisation continues in the media.
Need to separate the narrative that has gone before against what we all witnessed today.

We're easily bullied and react in the negative trying to combat it. Morelos has let Rangers down badly today and not for the first time.

Brown reacts as expected but so what it's what they do.

Any respect or chance Morelos had of Player of the Season has gone. I hope we sell him in the summer and reinvest. As much as I like him for what he brings, the negatives are too much of a drag.

i love alfie but im furious with him today, taking in taking the bait he's let the team down today, there's a 2nd half to go though GET RIGHT INTAE THEM BEARS CMONNNNN

NO SURRENDER

Today is the 2nd time in Old Firm games that our defenders have backed off Edouard from about the half way line to inside our box. Get him fouled at half way and he doesn't score in the 2-3 game at Ibrox or today. Does anyone on here know defenders are coached to do that? Seems ridiculous to me.

The tactic of sit in and play the long ball against Boyata and Ajer was baffling, the goal was comical and Morelos' actions inexcusable.

We need to play this 2nd half smart and try get one of them sent off.

We are not at the races today, tortures me to say it, we aree poor with zero composure, do we practice passing to a blue jersey in training? That cnut Brown did Alfredo up like a kipper. He is untouchable.

Look, no excusing morelos here at all - he's basically screwed us today big style. I'm absolutely raging with him being so fucking easy to manipulate but that's one part of this.

The fact that we get less than zero protection from referees in general, especially Alfredo, fuels this to someone that's already quite emotionally tempered - is the other part.

He gets snidey little digs every game and the refs do %^*& all. Every time.

I still though, can't believe he's taken the bait and left everyone of us feeling this this.

Back