Michel Preud'homme

Precisely. I think if our scouting operation continues to expand, so we can identify players like Morelos who can make an immediate impact but also with resale value, there is no reason why McInnes cannot be far more successful, despite never having really operated with a Rangers-level of budget before.

If my aunty had baws....

McInnes has done nothing of note in the game. I'm baffled by the esteem he is held in by many bears.

Our next manager has to stop them reaching 10. McInnes might but there is nothing in his CV to suggest that that is a likely outcome. We need a proven winner not another experiment.

Thanks for posting. Kind of puts things in perspective.

Facing 11 teams and knocking out 7 sounds good on the face of it, but then you realise it's literally impossible to have any more ties if you don't knock them out so the games:teams knocked out ratio is always going to be impressive :D

Basically 11 - 7 = 4. I.e. 4 years of trying to qualify.

Let's be honest, some amount of dross manage to qualify for the EL each year. Never even getting to the final round of qualifying in 4 attempts, even with Aberdeen, is pretty poor.

If my aunty had baws....

McInnes has done nothing of note in the game. I'm baffled by the esteem he is held in by many bears.

Our next manager has to stop them reaching 10. McInnes might but there is nothing in his CV to suggest that that is a likely outcome. We need a proven winner not another experiment.
Who can we afford that guarantees this and where would the required budget come from?

Facing 11 teams and knocking out 7 sounds good on the face of it, but then you realise it's literally impossible to have any more ties if you don't knock them out so the games:teams knocked out ratio is always going to be impressive :D

Basically 11 - 7 = 4. I.e. 4 years of trying to qualify.

Let's be honest, some amount of dross manage to qualify for the EL each year. Never even getting to the final round of qualifying in 4 attempts, even with Aberdeen, is pretty poor.
Given our effort this season, I would say that, given their resources, they have done fairly well.

If my aunty had baws....

Do you reckon the likes of a de Boer would stop 10?

Who can we afford that guarantees this and where would the required budget come from?
Nobody can guarantee it, but in my opinion a manager with a track record of winning titles seems more likely to succeed than McInnes.

If you are suggesting you favour McInnes because he will be happy with a low budget then that's another reason I don't want him. Whoever comes in needs to push the board to do everything possible to increase revenues and/or find additional investors. If we don't keep trying to close the financial gulf then the success of an Aberdeen FC is about what we can aspire to.

Nobody can guarantee it, but in my opinion a manager with a track record of winning titles seems more likely to succeed than McInnes.

If you are suggesting you favour McInnes because he will be happy with a low budget then that's another reason I don't want him. Whoever comes in needs to push the board to do everything possible to increase revenues and/or find additional investors. If we don't keep trying to close the financial gulf then the success of an Aberdeen FC is about what we can aspire to.

I am not happy with a low budget. I am merely saying that a proven multi-title winning Manager is likely to not only demand wages beyond our budget but a transfer kitty greater than what we can afford also.

I am merely saying McInnes has regularly done well despite operating within a tight budget and one much below what he would have at Ibrox. He tends to get good value for his budget.

Some of those will have bigger budgets than the sheep. Astana are owned by the country’s sovereign wealth fund FFS.

We're owned by several multi-millionaires, their team is still full of random Kazakhs. Come on mate, if you think those clubs are bigger than Aberdeen then I think it's best we leave it there. Zlin's ground holds 6k ffs.

We're owned by several multi-millionaires, their team is still full of random Kazakhs. Come on mate, if you think those clubs are bigger than Aberdeen then I think it's best we leave it there. Zlin's ground holds 6k ffs.
Aberdeen’s average attendance.

The Kazakh’s have way more cash then the sheep. I’d say some of the others might also? Not gonna search through. You’re probably right with some
of them. Anyway we’ll leave it there.

http://futbolgrad.com/fc-astana-reaching-for-the-stars-in-kazakhstan/

I am not happy with a low budget. I am merely saying that a proven multi-title winning Manager is likely to not only demand wages beyond our budget but a transfer kitty greater than what we can afford also.

I am merely saying McInnes has regularly done well despite operating within a tight budget and one much below what he would have at Ibrox. He tends to get good value for his budget.

I can see where you are coming from and can understand your point of view. That said, if MPH is putting himself forward we should at least find out whether or not we can meet his budget/salary aspirations. Also disagree with your perspective on McInnes. for me he has simply done what he should have done with the sheep. No more no less. Personal choices bro..

It really isn't bang on.
Majority of fans hadn't heard of the guy prior to his name being on the back page of the papers today.

So kind of like the “Guus Who?” headline back then?

Insular Scottish football fans, media and their backward ways is nothing new.

If my aunty had baws....

Knows what it means to play for Rangers
Knows Scottish football
57% win rate with a club that has no money or stature
Currently 1 point off the Mhanks after 11 games

Going for anyone else would be the experiment in my eyes. Le Guen, Warburton and Caixinha vs McLeish, Smith and Murty. We've seen what happens when we give the job to these types of people. This is Scottish football and we need someone who knows how to win in Scotland.

Knows Scottish football

Going for anyone else would be the experiment in my eyes. Le Guen, Warburton and Caixinha vs McLeish, Smith and Murty. We've seen what happens when we give the job to these types of people. This is Scottish football and we need someone who knows how to win in Scotland.

Four and a half years at Aberdeen, has won one trophy

Hardly a “winner”

Knows Scottish football

You could just as easily say Advocaat and Souness vs McCoist and Greig.

boracay rangerNew Member

IMO.
Neither the ITK posters or the press know anything on this one.
The club will go through a proper process and are not even at short list stage yet never mind having a preferred candidate.

boracay ranger, Today at 3:18 PMReport
#179LikeReply

Posted in another thread ....... Liked by DocStone as well, Just to put the cat among the pigeons

I'm honestly not bothered who the new Maanger is, He'll get my support and we'll take it from there

boracay rangerNew Member

IMO.
Neither the ITK posters or the press know anything on this one.
The club will go through a proper process and are not even at short list stage yet never mind having a preferred candidate.

boracay ranger, Today at 3:18 PMReport
#179LikeReply

Posted in another thread ....... Liked by DocStone as well, Just to put the cat among the pigeons

I'm honestly not bothered who the new Maanger is, He'll get my support and we'll take it from there

Wait the guy has 5 messages ? but doc stone did say he wasnt our main target but then others say it will be done by Wednesday.

arghhhh

Four and a half years at Aberdeen, has won one trophy

Hardly a “winner”

When was the last trophy they won previous to that?

They have been in quite a few finals too,beaten twice by Celtic last season isn't really shameful, is it?

He may or may not be good for us, but expecting him to do better than making the Sheep, comfortably, the second best team whilst we were away (and last season when we were there) seems a bit unfair.

You could just as easily say Advocaat and Souness vs McCoist and Greig.

Greig managed in the 70s, Souness the 80s, Advocaat the 90s.... The managers I cited have all managed in recent recents and are more representative of Scottish football today.

Right now what we need is someone who can steady the ship and make us hard to beat.

Celtic have a budget about 10 times what he has to work with, maybe more,did you expect the Sheep to win the league?

He won't have the same budget as Celtic with us. He will be expected to win the league with us.

We should invest in a top drawer manager . Who that might be l don't know.

McInnes has never managed a team the size of Rangers . That is a risk in itself.

What happens if he fails what next?

He won't have the same budget as Celtic with us. He will be expected to win the league with us.

McInnes has never managed a team the size of Rangers . That is a risk in itself.

Its much the same risk with any manager, though.

I doubt we'd get any manager in who's managed a club Rangers size.

He'll have a much larger budget at Rangers than he had at Aberdeen, I'd imagine he'd have spent the money made available to Caixinha a bit more wisely in the summer.

Aberdeen have beat us once in 26 years at Ibrox

Aberdeen can't win the league...you get that eh???????????

Yes l do so what is it you see in him to make the step up?

He has never won a league anywhere. What has he done outside Aberdeen. I am not knocking him on a personal level.

The Rangers job is not going to be easy.

Nobody will, not for a few seasons and without financial backing from the board. Wake up.

Yes l do so what is it you see in him to make the step up?

He has never won a league anywhere. What has he done outside Aberdeen. I am not knocking him on a personal level.

The Rangers job is not going to be easy.
He's never managed a team that could win the top league

After sitting watching our home games this season l don't need to wake up. If we are appointing a manager who is happy to be second then mabye he might not be the right choice
But we're not a manager away from winning the league. Right now not one player would make the tims first eleven. Finishing second this season would be excellent.

We all will bud...Just like we did with that last fraud..

McInnes is a million times better than Pedro

Based on what? He hasn’t had to handle the pressures of being Rangers manager or playing against 12 men most weeks or dealing with a senior player revolt.

Pedro was unlucky with a lot of things which when added to his obvious shortcomings in the decision making dept meant that things ended abruptly for him. But it wasn’t all bad and perhaps with a bit more time and luck things might just have panned out.

If DM is to get the job it will be interesting to see how he copes with the pressure, the different standards applied by refereees and any player revolts. Then I’ll judge whether he’s ‘a million miles’ better than Pedro.

Having a go at McInnes for not winning the league with Aberdeen is akin to saying Michael O'Neill is a failure for not winning The Euros with NI.

Every club has a ceiling. The sign of a good manager is looking at where a club was when he inherited it and what position he leaves it in. If winning a trophy defines a good manager then there's only a small percentage of good managers in the whole football world.

Based on what? He hasn’t had to handle the pressures of being Rangers manager or playing against 12 men most weeks or dealing with a senior player revolt.

Pedro was unlucky with a lot of things which when added to his obvious shortcomings in the decision making dept meant that things ended abruptly for him. But it wasn’t all bad and perhaps with a bit more time and luck things might just have panned out.

If DM is to get the job it will be interesting to see how he copes with the pressure, the different standards applied by refereees and any player revolts. Then I’ll judge whether he’s ‘a million miles’ better than Pedro.
It wasn't all bad?

McInnes will seem like Mourinho to you if you genuinely believe that

I think McIness is a bit of a shite bag of a manager - shits his arse quite often and doesn't tend to win big games - I find him a little Moyes at Evertonesque he just isn't ballsy enough

Back