Michel Preud'homme

Yes l do so what is it you see in him to make the step up?

He has never won a league anywhere. What has he done outside Aberdeen. I am not knocking him on a personal level.

The Rangers job is not going to be easy.

Had Walter Smith ever won a league anywhere else? Had Alex McLeish? Had Graeme Souness? A bizarre argument.

I think McIness is a bit of a shite bag of a manager - shits his arse quite often and doesn't tend to win big games - I find him a little Moyes at Evertonesque he just isn't ballsy enough

His team were brilliant in the Scottish Cup Final last season and if McLean didn't miss an open goal he'd have won the Scottish Cup and stopped the invincible season.

Fine Lines.

It wasn't all bad?

McInnes will seem like Mourinho to you if you genuinely believe that

I think Pedro was close to getting it right, he was an unlucky manager. I don’t know how you can say with any authority that should McInnes get the job that he will be ‘a million times better ‘or ‘like Mourhino’ in comparison when he’s never been under the unique pressure of being Rangers manager or subject to a concerted media onslaught or playing against 12 men most weeks.

The jury is out until he gets the job and that’s still not a certainty, then judgement can be passed in a subjective fashion.

Yeah but they didn't there is an element of that about him - his cup record is poor in all honesty

He's had 3 Cup Finals at Aberdeen and in his 4th season now I think? Averaging 1 Cup Final a season if he reached the Scottish Final and a 3, 2, 2 and * finish. Coupled with the best win ratio of an Aberdeen manager since Alex Ferguson, which is only 0.5% better or something, I genuinely don't think he could have done much more. He inherited a shambles at Aberdeen, it's not like he inherited a good side and just carried on the good work of a previous manager. He's had to rebuild the side 2 or 3 times and kept improving them, that's the sign of a good manager.

His team were brilliant in the Scottish Cup Final last season and if McLean didn't miss an open goal he'd have won the Scottish Cup and stopped the invincible season.

Fine Lines.

You could say that about some of Caixinha’s results. Hadn’t struck the cross bar three times in Luxembourg, cheating vs Hibs, wrongly ruled offside goal against Hearts, penalty call at 0-0 against the bheggars, red card in cup semi final, Broadfoot should have seen red at Ibrox resulting in no assist for equaliser...

Fine lines.

Just to make it clear, I haven’t posted DM is a done deal

I posted I was told it was him & I believed he would get it - I believe that even more now

I also said that could just be a smokescreen away from proper targets & folk putting 2+2

I’ve heard other names & McInnes is way ahead of them in my humble opinion - all British based & MP is not among them

I did reply it was done deal to a poster as a joke because he was digging about Miller, but clarified with Bluefin what I meant

Anything I hear I will put up & I don’t force anyone to believe or force it on folk as truth - far from it, only what I am hearing & certainly in this circumstance we would be mad to believe anything was done

Any indication on when the board would like the new manager in place?

Having a go at McInnes for not winning the league with Aberdeen is akin to saying Michael O'Neill is a failure for not winning The Euros with NI.

Every club has a ceiling. The sign of a good manager is looking at where a club was when he inherited it and what position he leaves it in. If winning a trophy defines a good manager then there's only a small percentage of good managers in the whole football world.

Exactly.

Another prime example is Julian Nagelsmann at Hoffenheim. A rookie manager in many respects, took Hoffenheim to a 4th place finish in the Bundesliga in his first full season. You could give him a million years and he probably wouldn’t overcome Bayern or Dortmund to win the league once, but that isn’t stopping really credible suggestions that Bayern will appoint him at the end of the season.

I’m not for a second comparing clubs or individuals involved but all a manager can do is demonstrate a skill set within the confines of the club by which he is employed. Not winning trophies at a smaller club is no guarantee of a lack of ability to do it at a bigger one just as doing it elsewhere is no guarantee of doing it at Rangers.

I posted I was told it was him & I believed he would get it - I believe that even more now

I also said that could just be a smokescreen away from proper targets & folk putting 2+2

I’ve heard other names & McInnes is way ahead of them in my humble opinion - all British based & MP is not among them

I did reply it was done deal to a poster as a joke because he was digging about Miller, but clarified with Bluefin what I meant

Anything I hear I will put up & I don’t force anyone to believe or force it on folk as truth - far from it, only what I am hearing & certainly in this circumstance we would be mad to believe anything was done

What other names have you heard?

He's had 3 Cup Finals at Aberdeen and in his 4th season now I think? Averaging 1 Cup Final a season if he reached the Scottish Final and a 3, 2, 2 and * finish. Coupled with the best win ratio of an Aberdeen manager since Alex Ferguson, which is only 0.5% better or something, I genuinely don't think he could have done much more. He inherited a shambles at Aberdeen, it's not like he inherited a good side and just carried on the good work of a previous manager. He's had to rebuild the side 2 or 3 times and kept improving them, that's the sign of a good manager.[/QUOT

Emm great...none of this really disproves his sides tendancies to shit the bed at times

All just rumour mate.

Alan Pardew, Alex Neil, Steve McLaren, Tim Sherwood and a few more.

All of a similiar sort of level.

I would personally take DM all day long.

Aye jesus there's not much to get excited about there! Pardew maybe, but he comes across as a total bellend.

Del would certainly appeal to me more than any of them

All just rumour mate.

Alan Pardew, Alex Neil, Steve McLaren, Tim Sherwood and a few more.

All of a similiar sort of level.

I would personally take DM all day long.

Sherwood and McLaren have surely got to be made up nonsense.

Pardew is a better manager than McInnes but is a lady's front bottom.

Sherwood and McLaren have surely got to be made up nonsense.

Pardew is a better manager than McInnes but is a lady's front bottom.
Like I say mate, all just rumour.

However, the common theme with all of them is British, relatively available and within reach financially.

The likes of Allardyce and Dyche are out of reach.

I don't think we'll look at a foreigner.

he is into 9/2 in the betting but then walter is into 3/1 these markets are mental

derek 4/6 on skybet

Although Steve McLaren is a bit odd he has a better CV than Derek , he has managed decent teams and won a league , those who think Derek is better than him are trying to convince themselves that because he is Scottish then he is the best candidate because after all the football world is full of decent Scots managers at the level of our club. .

Almost word for word what you post about Transfers then :) ... Which I for one appreciate as I know you pass on what you can

i see on skysports they have said we are not going for MPH and are looking for a manager with extensive knowledge of the british game

We need a manager whose going to get us back challenging them and getting us into Europe and beyond the early stages again.

This will see the team develop nicely and the manager will get better with better players as this happens.

I hope we avoid the likes of Moyes and get MPH or MacInnes.

We all will bud...Just like we did with that last fraud..

McInnes is a million times better than Pedro

A million times better hmm what a statement to make and to call Pedro a fraud too well why was he a fraud and how did you come to the conclusion that DM is a massive million times better considering in the scheme of things Pedro never got to conclude his tenure and was gone after 7 months and after one transfer window?

A million times better hmm what a statement to make and to call Pedro a fraud too well why was he a fraud and how did you come to the conclusion that DM is a massive million times better considering in the scheme of things Pedro never got to conclude his tenure and was gone after 7 months and after one transfer window?
Pedro was a chancing cowboy who won the lottery

Couldn't beat taxi drivers in Europe over two games
Failed to beat newly promoted Hibs at Ibrox
Failed to beat a Hearts side managed by Jon Daly at Ibrox
Failed to beat a Partick side without a win or 11 men
Had 4 shots on target against the yahoos in 3 games
Humiliated us at Hampden
Failed to beat Killie at Ibrox

Play the game mate

For those desperate for McInnes...why not Stuart McCall instead? He done far better in Scotland with a Motherwell side who were nowhere near as good as Aberdeen and had a much smaller budget. He's actually done quite well in England unlike McInnes...oh and he's a 'Rangers man' which seems to be crucial nowadays.

Pedro was a chancing cowboy who won the lottery

Couldn't beat taxi drivers in Europe over two games
Failed to beat newly promoted Hibs at Ibrox
Failed to beat a Hearts side managed by Jon Daly at Ibrox
Failed to beat a Partick side without a win or 11 men
Had 4 shots on target against the yahoos in 3 games
Humiliated us at Hampden
Failed to beat Killie at Ibrox

Play the game mate

Though there were some refereeing circumstances in a few of these games that obviously determined the outcomes like Hibs game, some tackles also in the Partick game even more in the semi-final with Motherwell could add hearts set up for the draw we could not break them down though we did have numerous chances in most games we have been no match against Celtic but we should have had a penalty at Ibrox could have made all the difference even in that game Celtic should have had a few bookings before they scored as for the killie game that was like a freak ending that is unlikely to happen for a long time again! Our team has had hot and cold moments that does not make the ex manager a fraud nor a million times worse than DM!

he is into 9/2 in the betting but then walter is into 3/1 these markets are mental

derek 4/6 on skybet

I presume that not a lot of folk actually bet on these things so a single moderately sized bet can shift odds massively. If anyone has a spare £50 in their pockets, it would be interesting to lump it on MPH and see what that one bet would do to his odds. Mr Grumpy - the floor is yours ;)

Wonder what odds are on offer for a Gers title win under McInnes? Must be plenty of bears that would risk a wedge.

Cheers for the uninformed insightful cyber narcissistic post bud.

Though there were some refereeing circumstances in a few of these games that obviously determined the outcomes like Hibs game, some tackles also in the Partick game even more in the semi-final with Motherwell could add hearts set up for the draw we could not break them down though we did have numerous chances in most games we have been no match against Celtic but we should have had a penalty at Ibrox could have made all the difference even in that game Celtic should have had a few bookings before they scored as for the killie game that was like a freak ending that is unlikely to happen for a long time again! Our team has had hot and cold moments that does not make the ex manager a fraud nor a million times worse than DM!
We were dying of pneumonia under Pedro...
We couldn't win three games in a row even against taxi drivers in their busy season

Although Steve McLaren is a bit odd he has a better CV than Derek , he has managed decent teams and won a league , those who think Derek is better than him are trying to convince themselves that because he is Scottish then he is the best candidate because after all the football world is full of decent Scots managers at the level of our club. .

I could just imagine his first interview, "Howzitgaun 'nat? Y'awright son?"

For those desperate for McInnes...why not Stuart McCall instead? He done far better in Scotland with a Motherwell side who were nowhere near as good as Aberdeen and had a much smaller budget. He's actually done quite well in England unlike McInnes...oh and he's a 'Rangers man' which seems to be crucial nowadays.

Actually not a bad point. Most likely because one of the positives people who want McInnes keep listing is that it will trip up Aberdeen.

We were dying of pneumonia under Pedro...
We couldn't win three games in a row even against taxi drivers in their busy season

Again I would point to crucial match official interferences within the Hibs games and Motherwell games which were 3rd games in different sequences that determined the results on these occasions luck and level playing field was not on our side, however, the stats on paper will not show a true reflection but it does not really matter now he has gone I think we both know whoever comes in will be hindered by lets just say similar poor match official decisions unless our club takes a stand! I guess on the issues we have been debating we are going to have to agree to disagree and move on and get behind the team and next manager and hope we get the successes of yesteryear we crave TGO.

Back