Morelos says ‘as soon as there is something official I will be announcing it’ with ‘many’ clubs interested

Wish we could dangle the carrot of bigger move if knuckles down for another season & avoids missing so many games. Be sad to see him go.
Gave so much this year but cant help thinking the games he missed would have went so differantly if had him available.
That latest suspension was first time never dropped points in his absence.
Some good points. However I think we can replace his goals if we use the money wisely.

I think Alfredo is in for a big disappointment if he moves to a 'bigger league', because it will almost certainly be with a smaller club than Rangers.

At his age, he should be trying to win things with us, and sampling more European football, before moving to a big club in a bigger league in his mid 20's.

When he gets to this big league he dreams of, he'll be winning fūck all trophies, and he'll be scoring a lot less goals as well I'd imagine.

The grass isn't always blue-er wee man.

Good post mate and I agree but this time I'm afraid we have to cash in on a very good player due to our circumstance.

Maybe the next young striker we find, who'll hopefully be as good, will stay longer and arrive into a far stronger squad. Feels like Alfie's hardly been here. The first season was a disaster and he was one of the rare highlights.

I think he wants to go and i think the club wants him to go.

If a few teams are interested in signing him that makes the fee he goes for even greater hopefully.

I just wish he could have won a trophy before he left but it doesn't look like that will happen.

The good thing about his recent suspension is we know we can cope without him and the fans won't be as upset as they would have been 2 or 3 months ago about the prospect of losing him.

I've been resigned to him leaving for some time now, just hopeful that we spend the cash wisely and it strengthens us in the long run.

Give us £15m with a 15/20% sell on clause rather than 20m upfront. Worth the risk imo.

Take the full fee, I like Morelos a proper Scottish CF, however I don’t see him as a mega transfer in the future. I doubt he will move for £50m upwards later in his career.

Seems in a hurry to leave which surprises me a little. Don't buy the 'poor boy from Colombia' line. He's been earning good money in Europe for a while now. Family won't be hard up. Technically, he's still raw and could do with another year or two of development by us. But if he feels he's exhausted all the challenges we've set before him - which is strange - then fair enough. He seems happy with his own season and maybe that says it all.
Bit harsh mate, can’t blame the boy for wanting the best possible life for him and his family

Great player but we should cash in as he’s never going to be left alone in Scotland.

But for his petulance we would have quite possibly have won the league,

On the other hand without him we might be further behind.

I honestly think we have been a much better side since he’s been out as we keep the ball much better.

That would be phenomenal. But how would we pay for him, even on loan ? And why would Watford release him ?

Watford looking to spend in the summer he could easily drop down to 3rd/4th choice striker.

Would imagine we'd look to pay a portion of his wage.

We brought in 14m in unexpected Euro revenue this summer and we have huge interest in Tav and Morelos which could bring in another huge windfall. We have funds to push the boat out this summer.

Will miss him, potential to go on to be a great player, hes got all the attributes.

Just hope it doesn't drag on for months, would rather its sorted soon so we know where we are.

Gutted he is going but inevitable. Several clubs being interested does enhance the price. Might not be a public bidding war but it will be going on in private. Also inflated the bids generally when buyers know that there is competition.

I’d guess that we will get £20-25mill. He is a much better player than Dembele and that is the yardstick. Buyers know that. If there was limited interest then someone might try being cheeky but, with competition, our baseline will be met.

Sell on is the interesting thing. We definitely need one. In a stronger league and without the appalling refereeing, the sky is the limit for Morelos. He could easily go for mega-millions even without hitting true heights.

His relative lack of pace is his only downside. That will probably mean that he will never Star for a truly top tier side. But he will have a career one level down. Even at the very worst, if you are a struggling Premiership club, he is exactly the player you want - able to lead a forward line completely by himself and shield the ball long enough to clear your lines. Given the finances down there, a bottom EPL club could easily pay mega millions for him in a few years.

Will be gutted to see him go but if we get £15M - £20M for him then its a no brainer.

Horrible feeling we will undervalue Alfie here, we should be looking for 18+mil

Are you 6 years old?

I mean I love the guy but come on!
I love the way he plays the game. He's aggressive, he's powerful and he can make something happen out of nothing. Always playing on the edge. He's incredibly exciting to watch.

I'm too young to have seen any of our strikers before the turn of the century. Since then, the only one that comes close is Jelavic, and while he was prolific, I prefer the way Morelos plays the game.

Watford looking to spend in the summer he could easily drop down to 3rd/4th choice striker.

We brought in 14m in unexpected Euro revenue this summer and we have huge interest in Tav and Morelos which could bring in another huge windfall. We have funds to push the boat out this summer.

If we sell Alfie for big money then surely we will keep a hold of Tav? Don't think we can afford to sell both this summer.

Playing in a "bigger" league comes at a price - His profile.

Using the French league as an example, the teams that would want to sign him have no chance of challenging for the title and play in front of around 25K.

In England, if he made the premiership, he would be at a team where the entire team maxes out at 50 goals a season.

I would reckon if there are many options, it's because teams think they can get potential on the cheap.

Thanks. He could be massive up here. Just find it hard to believe we could secure him DB but would be delighted.

I've enjoyed parts of Alfie's time here and at points, he seems a genuinely great guy.

Aside from all the unjust stuff that happened to him (red cards v Aberdeen two or three times) I cannot say that Ufa and the last Piggery trips were anyone but his own fault and while I wish him no harm, I'd rather have the transfer fee invested in two or three really good players than have the risks that come with him next season.

I hope he has a great career but this is a good time for us to part ways for both sides.

We can all see that we have improved as a team with this new formation, which has allowed more goals to be spread throughout the team too. However, we have never seen Morelos play in this system(bar cameos) to know whether he's even deadlier in it, or is blunted. He is a very important player to us, but current system allows for less burden to be placed on the focal point of the attack and thus there is less worry on him departing for good money - it has to be our operational model.

If we sell Alfie for big money then surely we will keep a hold of Tav? Don't think we can afford to sell both this summer.

Both would be a huge loss but if someone offers 8-10m for Tav he's away. 100%. We can't and won't knock that back for a 28 year old guy who's value is only going to depreciate and we bought him for 200k.

They'll be no bidding war.

Rangers will except a certain figure & any clubs interested will only have to meet that.

Morelos (or his agent) will then seek the best deal that suits his ambitions & pockets.

Why? He has no buy out clause. Rangers will mention a figure to buying clubs and if one of them wants to offer more, we're well within our rights to point out to our contracted player that that is where his offer lies.

I'm in a position now where i'd be more gutted to lose Tav than I would be Morelos. I think we play better as a team without Alfie in it, whereas when he was in the team, our tactic was to get the ball to Morelos and expect him to work miracles. Sometimes he did, but when he didn't, we were totally ineffective.

Getting Andre Gray on loan, Kent permanently and another couple of Premier League quality players would make it a good bit of business to sell Morelos.

There's no doubt he's been our best striker since Jelavic and by some distance, but all things considered, it's an absolute no brainer to move him on in the summer for big money. Very important that we put a decent sell-on clause in. If he moves to England and has a decent season, his next move will be £30M+

Our Managing Director said at least what was paid for Dembele. Your saying £15M is too much but £10-£12M is ok?????

If somebody is willing to pay 12M for a striker then I doubt they will loose much sleep over an extra £3M. Regardless £20M please.

I didn’t say £15M is too much, I said that I don’t see us getting it. Note that I also say I hope I’m wrong!

No doubt in my mind that the treatment he gets in Scotland, in all respects , has had a bearing on his eagerness to leave the league.

Fact is though, buying cheap and selling at a profit is going to be our M.O , like it or not.

Wants to play in a more competitive league. Odd thing to say from a player who is yet to win anything for Rangers.

It’s not really. Celtic just strolled to an 8th championship in a row with the cigars out and are on course for a treble - treble. It’s not exactly competitive is it?

Back