Clarke confirmed as Scotland Manager

Allegiances aside, it’s a good appointment for Scotland.

That said, I still won’t really be following the NT.

Also, means he’s now not going to get the dhims job so that’s good.

Also, Killie will now bomb out of Europe.

Jose couldnt lift our National team so how is Clarke going to improve them ?
Defo monkey appointment.

I dislike the guy but look at what he did with Kilmarnock. He will coach the Scotland team well.

Not enough quality to make enough of a difference but he’ll improve them.

I still go to the Scotland games and think it’s the best scenario for both him and the national team. Gets to go back down South with his family and away from the stuff he’s been moaning about. And from footballing perspective, he’s good at getting the best out of a limited talent pool.

Here he is receiving his signing bonus

2071710302_9776d7a1b7_z.jpg

Good appointment. Give it a few years and the Scotland team will have a number of Rangers players in it again.

He had a year left on his kilmarnock contract, does this mean they get compensation?
European football and compo will be good for them sadly, although they'll need it now.

That doesn’t explain our dropped points at home.
It’s more to do with the way his teams play, if they get a goal they start time wasting be it first minute or last, they dive and don’t mind a cynical foul or two. If Scotland play like that I wonder if the press will be so enamoured with him?
A lot of teams waste time though. Our poor results at home we had key players missing & then confounded by our own errors.

He had a year left on his kilmarnock contract, does this mean they get compensation?
European football and compo will be good for them sadly, although they'll need it now.

They were paying him in bottles of Bells anyway so won't be too bad.

We all know they won't spend the money they get though as they will need it after all their "fans" from yesterday disappear never to be seen again.

He’s a decent manager but I personally hope he doesn’t pick any Rangers players, next season is too important for our players to be wasting time with the Scotland side.

Within 18 months he will be a shambling husk of a man (I know, I know) blaming The Queen, a Masonic conspiracy, the Rangers fans, the Rangers players he didn’t call up, the Rangers player he did call up and Steven Gerrard for his abject failure.

He’s a blame monkey.

Within 18 months he will be a shambling husk of a man (I know, I know) blaming The Queen, a Masonic conspiracy, the Rangers fans, the Rangers players he didn’t call up, the Rangers player he did call up and Steven Gerrard for his abject failure.

He’s a blame monkey.

When it all goes wrong, Clarke will be in the tabloids with sob stories regarding alcohol and " raising awareness" as if he is a victim, guaranteed. Its what they do.

Cheer up and hope you feel better Stevie.

Getting this in early as watching Scotland makes me want to go on the bevy, so I can only imagine the hardships Stevie will be facing in the next few years.

I imagine he’s been picking his squad over the last few days, the meet up is in less than 2 weeks and no squad announced. So amateur.

The guys a prick but it’s the best appointment Scotland could’ve got.

Genuine question, where does the jakey rumours come from?? I know it's long standing and pretty much universally referred to, but what's the script with time being tarnished as much with it?

Used to be an avid Scotland fan, now just a passing interest. Think he could do well though.

That’s good, the points we will gain against killie next season (now he’s away) will help us towards #55
Happy days:)

The only sensible choice given the candidates, with our largely crap players his very organised but negative tactics will actually improve the national team.

"If you hate the fu.cking english clap yer hands"

Southgate being a "sad english bastard"

I do hope clarke will be on the front foot speaking out about the sectarian chanting from the tartan trannies.

Cant be having any inconsistancy on this issue.

Back