Celtic face threat of multimillion pound compensation claim(The Times)

I wonder if seperate entity, St Patricks, had to pay seperate entity, Celtic, to use their park facilities next month for the annual sportsman dance?

Or did Celtic allow this venue free of charge as a charitable donation to this seperate entity

So who was aware of the abuse at Celtic Boys Club and Celtic FC

Mr Hugh Birt the former president of the boys club

Mr Jock Stein Celtic manager

Mr Kevin Kelly Director

Mr Jack McGinn Director

Jim Farrell Director

Jim McNally and officials Bill Gilfillan, John Gallacher and Willie Hampson all of CBC who were on a trip to USA where abuse is alleged to have taken place.

Sean McMullen and Bobby Creilly, two other boys' club officials who met with parents following allegations of alleged abuse on a trip to USA by Mr Frank Crainey

Lou Macari ex player and Celtic Manger in his autobiography

Liam Brady Celtic Manager – allegations of abuse were presented to Liam Brady when he was manager of Celtic Football Club

Tony McGuinness Celtic Boys Club whosaid: "The hotline is a very welcome gesture."

Fergus McCann Owner

Damming stuff when it's laid out like that and they still claim it's nothing to do with them !

I hope they all get the punishment they deserve and that the victims receive the apology, support and compensation that they fully deserve, although I doubt any amount of money will ever compensate them for what was done to them and for what they had to live with since that day.

Finally shamed into saying something. However, the apology is weak. There is still no acceptance of them doing anything wrong and still no suggestion of compensation. They needn't have bothered really.

It reads: "James McCafferty has plead guilty to offences he committed against young people between 1972 and 1996.

"Celtic Football Club wishes to express its regret and sorrow to those young people.

"McCafferty, who was employed by Celtic Football Club in the mid 1990s, committed these acts many years ago across a number of organisations, and all those who have come forward to report abuse and to give evidence deserve enormous praise for the courage they have shown.

"We offer our sincere sympathy to those young people, their families and all those involved.

"These are very sensitive issues, particularly for those who suffered abuse.

"When the allegations were published in the media in 2016, Celtic Football Club encouraged any individuals involved to report all information to the police so that these matters could be investigated fully and the Club continues to encourage any victim of abuse to report these matters to the police.

"Celtic Football Club takes all of its responsibilities seriously, stands by its responsibilities and will continue to do so.

"The abuse of children has affected many areas of society, including football clubs, sports clubs, youth organisations, educational institutions and religious bodies across Britain.

"Celtic Football Club strongly believes that children and young people involved in football have the right to protection from all forms of harm and abuse and is committed to ensuring this and to promoting their wellbeing through continued cooperation with our children and young people, parents and carers and the relevant authorities.

"Celtic Football Club was the first club in Scotland to appoint a safeguarding officer, responsible for developing our policies for the protection of young people, and monitoring and reviewing our procedures to ensure they continue to reflect best practice."

It wasn’t difficult for Souness when he found out Neely had made improper advances towards a kid - he was slung out the door and the police were called in. Hibs sacked him for the same thing and told no one WATP

What was Macari and Celtic’s excuse?
it

Yet another example of Shame FC trying despite protect the brand and not just apologising to the many many victims

Pity not one journalist has the balls to ask Shame FC about the John Cullen episode

He was employed by Shame FC for 30 years as the official photographer and got done for having 1000’s of indecent photographs of children stored at Parkpaed

That’s 2 CFC employees done for child abuse or indecency towards kids

Questions should be asked and a no comment should not be accepted

Yet another example of Shame FC trying despite protect the brand and not just apologising to the many many victims

Pity not one journalist has the balls to ask Shame FC about the John Cullen episode

He was employed by Shame FC for 30 years as the official photographer and got done for having 1000’s of indecent photographs of children stored at Parkpaed

Cairney was getting a wage from them as well mate.

No. Not that I’ve seen.

Complicit the lot of them.
From the directors box, to the stands and on the field, even the pie and program sellers all know full well what happened to children at CBC/CFC. They simply don't care.
I think also that people and companies who buy hospitality there, deserve a special mention

shame-bell-gif-1.gif

Just read about Cullen for the first time that’s disgusting and how he never got the jail is a disgrace also

Just read about Cullen for the first time that’s disgusting and how he never got the jail is a disgrace also

6 paedos have been convicted in court of child abuse at CBC / CFC or possessing indecent photos of children at the same organisations

Torbett (convicted twice in 1998 and 2018)
McCafferty
Cairney
King
Cullen
Strachan

All the above have been convicted

Shame FC are trying to distance them from the victims of the child abuse but it’s clear they are linked to to CBC and CFC youth team

There are loads of victims who will confirm the link

Mr Kevin Kelly Director

Mr Jack McGinn Director

Jim Farrell Director

Jim McNally and officials Bill Gilfillan, John Gallacher and Willie Hampson all of CBC who were on a trip to USA where abuse is alleged to have taken place.

Sean McMullen and Bobby Creilly, two other boys' club officials who met with parents following allegations of alleged abuse on a trip to USA by Mr Frank Crainey

Liam Brady Celtic Manager – allegations of abuse were presented to Liam Brady when he was manager of Celtic Football Club

Tony McGuinness Celtic Boys Club whosaid: "The hotline is a very welcome gesture."

Fergus McCann Owner

You can add Big “open secret” Cesar.
Johnny Doyle
Alan Brazil

If Big Open Secret knew about , there will be dozens that knew about it. All covered it up.

That first comment from a tim actually has 20 likes already. These people are ethically vacuous.

I wonder if back in 2012 Rangers had went “we feel regret and sorrow for mismanaging our tax affairs” that any of these scumbags would have been happy with that.

The hypocrisy is unbelievable.

There is far more Bears on the Daly tweet than tims, celtic are getting a rightfully deserving pounding.

There is far more Bears on the Daly tweet than tims, celtic are getting a rightfully deserving pounding.

I reckon most tims are secretly feeling physically sick about all this and are shutting themselves off from it. Anything that tarnishes their immaculate self perception puts the fear of god into them. Possibly even worse than the thought of 55.

But it ain’t going away guys. Sorry.

I reckon most tims are secretly feeling physically sick about all this and are shutting themselves off from it. Anything that tarnishes their immaculate self perception puts the fear of god into them. Possibly even worse than the thought of 55.

See the weird bit is mate, they’ve been conditioned to this since youngsters in the chapel mate.
I’m just unsure what percentage of them do genuinely feel uncomfortable ? Its effectively RC Church protocol.

Aye I'm on other forums commenting but very little response. I actually got taken off one thread because I kept bringing up the hypocrisy of their supposed outrage over financial issues yet they seemed to overlook the heinous activities which took place at CP. Then again what can they say? That organisation was guilty of covering up systematic child abuse over decades and are still trying to deflect and deny. They all know what happened and no amount of prevarication and legal-speak will ever take away their shame. And to think they wanted to nail us to the floor over finances!!

Aye I'm on other forums commenting but very little response. I actually got taken off one thread because I kept bringing up the hypocrisy of their supposed outrage over financial issues yet they seemed to overlook the heinous activities which took place at CP. Then again what can they say? That organisation was guilty of covering up systematic child abuse over decades and are still trying to deflect and deny. They all know what happened and no amount of prevarication and legal-speak will ever take away their shame. And to think they wanted to nail us to the floor over finances!!

The rank and file Peasants couldn't care less about the decades of horrific crimes that went on at the Piggery. Its all about a treble treble, 10 in a row and some crackpot conspiracy that refs are out to stop them. Just like their mhedia cheerleaders, they think its merely " point scoring " when the paedo ring is mentioned. They are not right in the head.

See the weird bit is mate, they’ve been conditioned to this since youngsters in the chapel mate.
I’m just unsure what percentage of them do genuinely feel uncomfortable ? Its effectively RC Church protocol.

You called if Grigo.

It’s installed in their brains from an early age, they cannot do no wrong as long as they recant their sins.

They are warped, and some of them are sick sick individuals, but don’t even let the ‘good’ or ‘sound’ ones fool you, they all believe the same when it comes down to it.

As a great man once said ‘I cannot and will not recant anything, for to go against conscience is neither right nor safe. Here I stand, I can do no other, so help me God. Amen.

You called if Grigo.

It’s installed in their brains from an early age, they cannot do no wrong as long as they recant their sins.

They are warped, and some of them are sick sick individuals, but don’t even let the ‘good’ or ‘sound’ ones fool you, they all believe the same when it comes down to it.

As a great man once said ‘I cannot and will not recant anything, for to go against conscience is neither right nor safe. Here I stand, I can do no other, so help me God. Amen.

You called if Grigo.

Exactly LLNS.

It wasn’t difficult for Souness when he found out Neely had made improper advances towards a kid - he was slung out the door and the police were called in.

What was Macari and Celtic’s excuse?
Neely only said something inappropriate to a youth player, his parents complained and was sacked. Reading between the lines, we got wind of the c_nt and got rid of him immediately.

Neely only said something inappropriate to a youth player, his parents complained and was sacked. Reading between the lines, we got wind of the c_nt and got rid of him immediately.

One thing does stick in my mind FF.

Daly in the last programme he did stated that he could find no evidence of us contacting the police wrt Neely.

Either way, there was no absolute proof of him doing it, and we did get him out immediately, but I’d still love us to prove that point.

Mr Kevin Kelly Director

Mr Jack McGinn Director

Jim Farrell Director

Fergus McCann Owner

Why did they all remain silent? Thats the question...

Re: Tommy Burns...I knew quite a few lads that played under him at Celtic and every one of them said he was brilliant. I doubt he'd be an abuser, if anything I think he might've been a victim of Cairney and co.

Tommy Burns was also friends with McCafferty and they used to go on scouting trips together.

If you read the old press stories you will see St Tommy's name mentioned as being a close friend of McCafferty & Cairney and links to Stevenson.

Could be a coincidence of course but there is smoke and where there's smoke...

Back