Scotsman article - Rangers in 'red line' for wages - but good news for Celtic, Hearts and Hibs

Not sure i believe celtics, perhaps in a CL season

Figures are based on financial results as at 30 June 2018 mate. Dhims will be a lot higher than 50% or thereabouts for this season. They won’t have over £100m income to pay their eye-watering £60m salary costs. Our salaries will have increased this season but we will have the EL ‘windfall’ to factor in as well so we will drop from the 73% figure given for us.

Poster wrote earlier how the rampant romans are now all over the media,not just in scotland,but the uk.
Hence the clue is in the name

Figures are old - conveniently from a year we had no European football and the peasants were in the Champions League.

Would be interesting to see what they were last season when they weren’t in the Champions League and we had a European income. Interesting unless you’re going along with the agenda...

I'm confident Kieran Maguire was the only expert in financial analysis that could have come up with this report.

:oops:

FBS

Tbf he is a lecturer in football finance and produces some interesting analysis and comparisons for all British teams. Some real eye-opening figures for some of the English Championship teams!

The Scotsman you say?

Here's a stereo type Scotsman.

seaside-postcard-depicting-a-stereotypical-scotsman-on-a-seaside-holiday-dated-20th-century-MR4YGA.jpg

For where we are at the moment the figure is absolutely fine. It’s also out of date. If we get into the Europa League our finances are healthy, if we miss out we’ve got a gap to fund by selling an asset or being propped up by the board. It’s the only model we can operate with for now though whilst we try to become a league winning side again. I think the board are doing a brilliant job of running the club under very difficult conditions.

Figures are based on financial results as at 30 June 2018 mate. Dhims will be a lot higher than 50% or thereabouts for this season. They won’t have over £100m income to pay their eye-watering £60m salary costs. Our salaries will have increased this season but we will have the EL ‘windfall’ to factor in as well so we will drop from the 73% figure given for us.

They sold Dembele for c£20m, got c£9m for Rodgers compensation and something like c£6m from Van Dyke going to Liverpool. So about £35m, added to their Europa League income. That will equate to CL group stages for them.

Their real problem will be if they do not qualify for CL this time around, then they are in serious trouble.

Clicked on that link (foolishly) and there was about 3 separate videos/ads running in the background simultaneously. What a cunts of a website, nevermind the content. Fake news anyway, we know that this season isn't reflected in those figures.

Tbf he is a lecturer in football finance and produces some interesting analysis and comparisons for all British teams. Some real eye-opening figures for some of the English Championship teams!

Granted, he may well be a Professor, and whilst I'm not, I am paid to provide financial analysis in a multi-million $ company. If I went to the boardroom with annual analysis solely based on 1 KPI, and only focused on 12 months of that, I'd be out of a job. Again, it could well be that Keiran handed the Scotsman 3 years of data, and half a dozen KPIs, and they chose to concentrate on 1 that leaked 3.8% over budget, or. . .maybeez Keiran selected the only KPI we posted a red in? The only thing I know is. . .it's not accidental.

FBS

They sold Dembele for c£20m, got c£9m for Rodgers compensation and something like c£6m from Van Dyke going to Liverpool. So about £35m, added to their Europa League income. That will equate to CL group stages for them.

Their real problem will be if they do not qualify for CL this time around, then they are in serious trouble.
Also sold Armstrong for £8-9m allegedly. They probably need 2 years of no CL and no big sales to be hit. They might also get sell-on money from Dembele, sadly.

Back