Scotsman article - Rangers in 'red line' for wages - but good news for Celtic, Hearts and Hibs

This report for us was out last year and is old news spin doctors at work again another story in a red top appeared few hours ago saying they were a top 20 European club now

Rangers 31st Dec income was 35.3m
Players sold 2.9m profit 5.2m
Celtic 31st Dec income was 50m
Players sold 17.9m profit 6.2m
Make of it what you will but easy to see that dembelle going was big boost (Armstrong deal was done before June 30th 2018 so is not included in the interm results but on the years before)also our income does not inculed any kit deal yet only European monies from ticket sales and round money ECT still payments for tv rights to be done after Dec 31st

Based on 2017-18 figures.

No team has released figures for the 2018-19 season.

Which makes me think the poet has cottoned on to how over-extended their position is and is going into PR overdrive.

Good for Celtic. Means that they have more money to pay appropriate damages to the children and partially compensate for the damage to their lives that their paedophile ring wreaked.

What are the recommendations for the ratio of abuse compensation figures? Celtc must be above that

Figures taken from a season that we had no European football. Providing we qualify for at least Europa League every year going forward our wage bill is fine.

Interesting slant on the fact their wage bill is 2 and a half times the size of ours.

And by interesting I mean blatantly 19th Century Terrorist.

And if we can win the league with it at this difference then they will spend a few seasons trying to cull their wages

Our's will drop considerably and their's will rise dramatically after our Europa money and their lack of CL money is calculated next time.

Wonder if Kieran will be so keen to pen another article then?

Figures are old - conveniently from a year we had no European football and the peasants were in the Champions League.

Would be interesting to see what they were last season when they weren’t in the Champions League and we had a European income. Interesting unless you’re going along with the agenda...

The positive fromthis article is that we’re not daft enough just to believe the headline and actually read into it and find the truth , while on the other side the obsesses mongos lap it up and think they’re cash rich and we are doomed for admin 2 which will make it hurt even more when they don’t spend any money and we win 55

Really not great.

We’ve been burned before, let’s not play with fire again.

Mate this isn't last season.

This is up to June 2018, so no Europa League money for us and when they were getting CL revenue.

Wait until you see the next set of figures.

Oh ffs, now I know what the wee Sevco mob will be muttering to each other about in work this morning. Wish I didn't sit close enough to hear them.

That was the season we wasted big bucks on the likes of Herrera, Pena, etc with no merchandise money and no European money to cover it. They had CL money and a couple of windfalls from player sales.

The relative positions will be much closer now - their wage bill without CL money will have been covered this season by (perhaps) a surplus from the dumbbellend sale and compo for tranny. If they get bombed out of CL qualifying and we win the league then watch for the panic fire sale as they desperately try to balance the books whilst saving for costly litigation and compensation claims over their child abuse ring and cover-up.

If we get 55 next season not only will we gain a huge benefit but simultaneously deal them a massive blow. It’s a massive season for us.

gave up with this on line paper years ago their sports section just plays to the tim agenda but i doubt it is doing their sales any good

They sold Dembele for c£20m, got c£9m for Rodgers compensation and something like c£6m from Van Dyke going to Liverpool. So about £35m, added to their Europa League income. That will equate to CL group stages for them.

Their real problem will be if they do not qualify for CL this time around, then they are in serious trouble.

they really shouldnt exist as a football club nevermind play in europe. Interesting that there's zilch in the media regarding what penalties they could face for being paedo harbourers

Not sure i believe celtics, perhaps in a CL season
Celtics will be a much higher percentage for the season just gone. And they have increased Sinclair's wages as well for the coming season. And they have no chance of making the CL whatsoever.

Doubt this article will appear again next year when last seasons figures will be taken in to account.

It's actually insane how much they crave to read/make everything they read about it.

Imagine creating an account on a newspapers website to post comments on stories about a team you hate, it's completely bizarre.

This is using figures which incorporated their CL income for the season 2017/18.

The figures for the year 2019 will be a far better indicator, as their wage bill hasn't decreased much if any but their incomes most certainly have due to their failure to secure champions league football.

Could quite easily see them push through the 80% mark.

need to set a date in the diary for this time next year to chase up this financial wizard on 2019 results as I doubt he will post them off his own back

Surely you could update this with the latest 6 months figures.

I clicked on the dirtiest team in the spl.
They counted fouls as part of the scoring. As it was obvious that some teams weren't refereed to the same standard, I think it is a joke of an article.

and yet people on here no longer cut and paste

and suck should have known better

He has to protect the site against accusations of copyright theft.
Also sold Armstrong for £8-9m allegedly. They probably need 2 years of no CL and no big sales to be hit. They might also get sell-on money from Dembele, sadly.

Did they not sell Armstrong in June, meaning he would be in the previous years accounts, as the period finishes at the end of June.

Kieran Maguire, you say.

Well Hen I'm a pretty big deal back home, Not only starring for England and Leicester I also write fictional Sevco finance blogs with ma big Brother
smoothh.jpg

Back