Celtic face threat of multimillion pound compensation claim(The Times)

F.uck their titles, they're tainted enough as it is.

Let's see the victims get the justice they absolutely deserve, and the perpetrators of the cover-up get what they absolutely deserve also.
Yes, above all else, the victims need recompensed.
But there also has to be a judgement on the honours they won while these paedophiles were allowed to molest and abuse young children with the club in full knowledge.

They will cave in soon and look to take responsibility.

The last thing they want is a independent public enquiry. The fallout will be ten fold if the it ever gets the go ahead. That is where we should be concentrating our efforts and contacting politicians (i know, i know).

#draintheswamp

Poster JF1960 in the main Celtc Face Compo thread has inferred an ex Scottish International player as a signed affidavit and copy of the NDA and is ready to spill the beans on this sordid scandal

The change of tact by the mhedia has to be driven by a major change or imminent news event as for decades this taboo subject has been ignored and suppressed

If this ex player opens up and proves the Nonce FC board paid him for silence then it will cause a tsunami and wreck the beasts brand and reputation immediately

Shut them down

Justice for the victims must come first.

Any club could be infiltrated by a pervert or two but it’s what happens later when the criminals are found out that defines the extent of fault of the club. In this particular case there was no desire or concern to eradicate the problem but only to fob off the victims and hide what had happened and continued to happen. In any decent society the maximum sanction would be applied - the club should be wiped from the face of the football world, wound up but their disgraceful memory retained as a reminder of how low unscrupulous people can act.
Being Scotland in it’s present incarnation it’s not likely this will prevail but at the very least I would turn to the words of that creature John Reid and wish them what they wanted for us - that they “be nailed to the floor”.

that compensation would be covered. However I'm no expert, I'm guessing.

What is clear though is that CFC contacted their insurers to make a claim more than 2 years ago.

Now think of all that has happened in the last 2 years with various appointments to the SFA, changes of Compliance Officer and numerous statements emanating from the paedo-dome.
I agree. They have desperately been trying to control this and decided 24hrs ago to let a few of their mouthpieces trumpet a statement was coming. They then let Radio Clyde and a few others "see" Lawwell's letter to Adam Tomkins and Dornan. They have been banking on their "friends" drip feeding this letter and getting their justification for silence out there whilst letting everyone know they have actually furiously been investigating it all.

Unfortunately, they have been eviscerated here and publicly on social media for their ludicrous interpretation of the "due process of law" and how that squares with secret investigations by insurance company lawyers. Their timelines are all over the place, and the letter makes no sense given previous denials of any links between the entities.

They'd be even madder and more arrogant than I thought if they actually also released a statement.
Patrick McGuire has to serve them a writ and get the bastards into court

They are trying everything they can to evade justice and minimise their liabilities

I also think the police need investigated too

How can every Director at Nonce FC from the 1970’s when Torbett started the abuse not be charged for failure to report the abuse

Then in 1986 they clear Cairney of any abuse rumours in the Celtc View article which allowed him to continue the abuse

It’s sickening but Lieswells “Internal investigation” is a sham and it’s backfired big time

When Adam Tomkins replies to Lieswells letter I’m sure he will not miss him

I hope Prof Tomkns highlights it’s 6 convictions at CBC / CFC not 4. This mhedia spin needs clarification (pun intended)

The UK media are not ignoring the scandal now so it’s the righ time to sue and I think the move will force Nonce FC to settle out of court

The victims need an apology though

The police reported six offenders and obtained six convictions.

How much money did they manage to squirrel away over the years and the fact we were fucked over for a few years leaving them a free run at CL money, one would almost think they knew this coming and with us out of the way for a few seasons gave them that opportunity to save for a rainy day, well that rainy day is coming in the form of a monsoon.

It took me a while and isn't perfect, but this was all @jf1960 idea.

vnlbc7r.png
Brilliant mate.

His day might personally be arriving given he was finance controller over at the chamber of secrets in the mid 90’s.

He’s known for decades and did f*ck all.

What sporting advantage has been gained by Celtic by covering these crimes up? Try and put a number on that......
As finance controller he should have provided in the accounts for future compensation liability. If he did not, then the accounts have been knowingly misstated. Financial doping anyone?

I’ve never called that bastard Lawwell. I’ve always called him Liewell since his Phil O Donnell and tour of Japan lies. He is a lying sneaky bastard who has managed to control Scottish Football and the media for years

I'v not bought a Sunday Mail in 20 years.
Think I'll get one today.
That's an incredible piece of writing.
Yeah m8 progress being made but a long way to go because it's just an "opinion piece", nobody was brave enough to put their name to it despite it being 100% factual and that shows you that journalists are still shit scared to face the truth for fear of the retributions from the east.

Exactly!

I want to see Celtic dragged over the coals for this.

I want the bastards dragged kicking and screaming through the courts and all those that covered it up, especially Kelly & McGinn, to be publicly named and shamed!

I want the name of Celtic FC to be forever tarnished with the stench of paedophilia.

Kelly from what I have read seems to have been given a bye, yet is so deeply involved in my opinion it is a crime that it has not been reported. And brought in front of a judge. IT STINKS.

Yeah m8 progress being made but a long way to go because it's just an "opinion piece", nobody was brave enough to put their name to it despite it being 100% factual and that shows you that journalists are still shit scared to face the truth for fear of the retributions from the east.

You know scum hooligans will go after these people mate.
This has been a big part of the issue, both on the abuse side & football side of things.
Sinn Fein is well established in this country.

Had a swatch there over on sheep, hibs and hearts forums. Last week even there was barely anything on this from them, indifference even. There’s definitely a sea change now though since Tomkins got involved so eloquently. They are now openly talking about the Tims’ disgraceful response to this which can only be good.

We need all of Scottish football to call them out for what they are.

i dont see why what the english FA might do in terms of punishments should have any bearing on what celtic should receive here in footballing terms.

Im pretty sure English and Scot FA handed things very differently in terms of penalties for EBT's.

I think we need, as stupid as it may sound, a little reminder of how we should behave through all of this. Some comments, while probably meant well, sail very close to looking like glee and schadenfreude over what is happening. There is a delicate little game being played out in front of the world's media now and we need to be very careful not become dragged into a point scoring fight.

We should absolutely not talk about sporting sanctions for them until such times as everything that needs to happen for the victims has been concluded, as long as that may take. When we boil everything down, there is only one outcome that absolutely must be served and that is that any young man affected has justice on a personal level. If that club carry on with nothing other than financial loss to the victims, and that gives them all closure and allows them to rebuild their lives, then that is something we need to accept. It would be wrong, disgusting in fact, but the people who were affected would have what they needed and that is the most important thing by far. Once that has happened, we absolutely should be looking at their punishment, pushing for it, but I think we simply run a risk of clouding issues in a 'rivalry' and giving convenient sound-bites for people looking to deflect on their behalf.

We should not express anything other than hatred, disgust and disdain towards them. while it is absolutely natural, especially given what happened to us over something that falls so far below this threshold it is not even nearly in the same galaxy, any glee at what is happening looks and feels bad. It is easily portrayed as using victims of abuse to get one over on an enemy and it should be utterly avoided.

Rangers name should not, under ANY circumstances, be used in correspondence with sponsors, politicians or the media and for the same reasons. A concerned citizen raising an issue is not the same as a concerned Rangers fan raising an issue in the eyes of the world and we both drag the club into it and cheapen any point by doing it.

We should, absolutely, use every tool available to keep the profile of this as high as possible. Emails to commercial partners, pressure on MP's etc, it should all be happening. Not for Rangers, to ensure that the victims see the justice they need.

There will be all the time in the world for people to chase punishment once the victims are suitably compensated and every one of us needs to make sure we help them rather than add chaos to an already volatile situation.

Had a swatch there over on sheep, hibs and hearts forums. Last week even there was barely anything on this from them, indifference even. There’s definitely a sea change now though since Tomkins got involved so eloquently. They are now openly talking about the Tims’ disgraceful response to this which can only be good. This opinion piece will help.

We need all of Scottish football to call them out for what they are.

Good shout. All our efforts should be used to push for a full independent public enquiry to drag every last bit of evidence out and ensure they full facts are known prior to any punishment being dished out.

#draintheswamp

Good article. One of the most telling things is they refused to put a name of the article. If that’s not confirmation that Lawwell would go after them then I don’t know what is!

I wonder how much Baron Samedi knows or knew about this when he was telling the world "that Rangers will be nailed to the floor".

Reid must have known something as the rumours were swirling around the Bheasts when he was there. Perhaps his political knowledge has protected some of the people involved. Where are your "Holy Willies" now Baron? On the side, all shaking their heads and being disgusted at the revelations.

Have to say the rumoured Daly documentary is going to be well behind the curve. The story is beginning to overtake this piece, if it actually exists.

Not so sure, the secret internal investigation points to this being much bigger than we all suspected – they’re trying to put a lid on it before it all comes out.

Someone with the budget and ability to do a deep investigation into this is going to uncover a lot we don’t know about in my opinion. There’s still clear parts of this that haven’t been unearthed e.g. what was the creepy cünt Kelly up to and what’s his role in all of this.

Back