Celtic face threat of multimillion pound compensation claim(The Times)

An affidavit with Fergus McCann's signature on it I believe.The club,the victim and the police were all meant to get a copy.Guess which of the 3 parties didn't..

I believe the delay in Thompson's lodging papers is due to even more victims coming forward.

I genuinely can't see a way out of this for Lawwell personally now.Whats went on is deplorable and his main aim hasn't been about the truth,the victims or justice.Its been about protecting the 'brand'.

I don't think even Celtic and their board are aware of a lot of things people now have on them.
Oh Dear, there is even more to come but Peter said it's nothing to do with them I didn't know " The Bunnet " also owned The Boys Club

I actually believe that to escape sanctions, they will bring us into it. They will say that any punishment on Celtic will be bad for Scottish football and that the game in this country needs a strong Celtic.......and then crucially......in an appeal to the knuckledraggers up and down the country, they will say that the only people who would benefit from such sanctions would be Rangers FC.

@Haining84 ..... You can just imagine Her Lawell reading this thread and grabbing his mobile and phoning the bunnet in Canada.

"Hey Fergus, did you sign wan o them afterdavid's?'

They really are a bag of cats, I really pity the poor victims, not just for what they've been through, but the fact their beloved club has jettisoned them and they've been adrift for 40 years.

Criminally cruel treatment.

I actually believe that to escape sanctions, they will bring us into it. They will say that any punishment on Celtic will be bad for Scottish football and that the game in this country needs a strong Celtic.......and then crucially......in an appeal to the knuckledraggers up and down the country, they will say that the only people who would benefit from such sanctions would be Rangers FC.

That would be to invite a reaction from Rangers and that would be another huge tactical mistake by them.

I would be shocked if our Board are not all over this with several statements - for different circumstances - ready to go.

Probably right, thats why we keep out it until such a time they drag us into it. This must be allowed to explode without us.

That would be to invite a reaction from Rangers and that would be another huge tactical mistake by them.

I would be shocked if our Board are not all over this with several statements - for different circumstances - ready to go.

They might try a bout of whataboutery in respect of the rat we had, but this would be a major mistake on their part as our reply would be '' We were made aware of a paedophile in our employ our instant reaction was the correct one namely we informed the relevant authorities and fired him with immediate effect, this man came to us from another club who were aware of his offending but failed to inform us of this.

An affidavit with Fergus McCann's signature on it I believe.The club,the victim and the police were all meant to get a copy.Guess which of the 3 parties didn't..

I believe the delay in Thompson's lodging papers is due to even more victims coming forward.

I genuinely can't see a way out of this for Lawwell personally now.Whats went on is deplorable and his main aim hasn't been about the truth,the victims or justice.Its been about protecting the 'brand'.

I don't think even Celtic and their board are aware of a lot of things people now have on them.

Where did you get this from?

Insurers appointed lawyer perhaps
Discipline: Insurance (insurers and self insured)
Position: Partner
Email: cwh@bto.co.uk
Phone: 0141 221 8012
Download VCard

Biography
Claire is a Partner in BTO’s Insurance team, and has over 20 years’ experience in litigation, acting for insurers and self-insured clients as Defenders in both the Court of Session and Sheriff Courts. Claire joined BTO in 2008 and has spent her entire career as a litigator instructed by many of the UK’s largest insurers.
Claire has considerable experience in defending all types of EL, PL and complex Motor claims including catastrophic injuries; product liability claims including medical devices; clinical negligence; Health & Safety prosecutions arising out of workplace injuries and fatalities; marine accidents; and claims arising out of large scale incidents such as water pollution and gas leaks. She also often advises insurers on policy issues.
Claire has a particular interest in claims where fraud is suspected, psychiatric injuries, and has also successfully defended a number of workplace stress / bullying claims.

Had a swatch there over on sheep, hibs and hearts forums. Last week even there was barely anything on this from them, indifference even. There’s definitely a sea change now though since Tomkins got involved so eloquently. They are now openly talking about the Tims’ disgraceful response to this which can only be good.

We need all of Scottish football to call them out for what they are.

Good mate :D

if that is indeed the case, then it is a benefit i am more than willing to embrace,,shut the bastards down

Yes, I can see the former happening, but in all honesty, I just can't see even Liewell stooping to the latter - but I could be way off the mark.

So we respond that the sanctions against us benefited only one club - them, and if there is no punishment, it proves there was a witch hunt against us. Then we get CAS and UEFA involved for the damage done to us at the time

Last edited:
They could but we could point out we helped ever lower league team when we came up through the leagues. We put money in every clubs pocket.

Not even they would do irony like that.

It might be worth the Board asking the SFA are there consequences for a member club bringing the game into disrepute. After all, the Scottish game and all clubs will be affected by these revelations.

It can be asked discreetly and made as a marker from the Club.

There's been a lot of talk on here about the affidavit and the NDA and lawyers / newspapers sitting on them, if this was the case surely they would be published by now?

The Scottish journos have been playing it all down, until the English red tops started picking up on it.

The scottish versions will now be under direct order from England and no longer able to dictate the story.

As for a NDA with McCann's signature on it, there was alot of dodgy stuff going on at Parkhead following his takeover and beyond and I wouldn't be surprised if it is true.

It might be worth the Board asking the SFA are there consequences for a member club bringing the game into disrepute. After all, the Scottish game and all clubs will be affected by these revelations.

It can be asked discreetly and made as a marker from the Club.

I am sure that there are regular discussions offline between the club and the SFA.

Been on the board for years, never posted! Having Sunday dinner with the in laws and watching Harry Potter, rock and roll! In-laws told us about the women next door having an affair, then said who knew - in my head jock stein, Tommy burns and more - then on Harry Potter some dude with long black hair talks about the chamber of secrets - fcuking nearly pissed myself! Sorry not sure if the right tread - WATP

Last edited:
@Haining84 ..... You can just imagine Her Lawell reading this thread and grabbing his mobile and phoning the bunnet in Canada.

"Hey Fergus, did you sign wan o them afterdavid's?'

They really are a bag of cats, I really pity the poor victims, not just for what they've been through, but the fact their beloved club has jettisoned them and they've been adrift for 40 years.

Criminally cruel treatment.
Afterdavid indeed GG I like it.:D

Insurers appointed lawyer perhaps
Discipline: Insurance (insurers and self insured)
Position: Partner
Email: cwh@bto.co.uk

Phone: 0141 221 8012
Download VCard
Biography
Claire is a Partner in BTO’s Insurance team, and has over 20 years’ experience in litigation, acting for insurers and self-insured clients as Defenders in both the Court of Session and Sheriff Courts. Claire joined BTO in 2008 and has spent her entire career as a litigator instructed by many of the UK’s largest insurers.
Claire has considerable experience in defending all types of EL, PL and complex Motor claims including catastrophic injuries; product liability claims including medical devices; clinical negligence; Health & Safety prosecutions arising out of workplace injuries and fatalities; marine accidents; and claims arising out of large scale incidents such as water pollution and gas leaks. She also often advises insurers on policy issues.
Claire has a particular interest in claims where fraud is suspected, psychiatric injuries, and has also successfully defended a number of workplace stress / bullying claims.
You seem to have inside knowledge?

Back