Are Pena and Herrera done?

The Ultimate Warrior

You would assume instruction would be coming down to a temp manager to play them under a DOF structure?

It's hard to see where it goes with them?

I’m sure they will still be involved when the new gaffer comes. We don’t have the biggest squad when we have injuries

Wee bit surprised to see Hardie get the nod to replace Morelos rather than Hererra yesterday but maybe reading more into it than necessary.

You'd imagine that any half decent offer coming in for them would be accepted .

I wouldn't be surprised to see the both of them back in Mexico before the end of the season imo

Can’t see either being here much longer. Herrera can’t get into the team when we badly need someone to make the place beside Morelos their own. When it comes down to it I don’t think Pena wants to be here or is suited to the style and tempo of football in Scotland.

Still hope they both prove me wrong and the new manager can get something out of them

i would imagine when the new man - whoever that may be, will be allowed to run the rule over the squad before any rash decisions are made - we really just cannot bin players, who have undoubted quality, due to the lack of depth in the overall squad. We need a manager who can come in and work with the players he has got and to get the best out of them - this should be his remit because I doubt he will be handed £10 million for his own players

Pena doesn't appear to be getting a look in under Murty, which is surprising and I would expect him tone moved on in the next window.

Sometimes players get a new release of life when they can relate to a new manager.
They will get a chance.Man management is obviously important.

If we bring in the likes of McLean and Moult in January, both could be surplus to requirements.

Wee bit surprised to see Hardie get the nod to replace Morelos rather than Hererra yesterday but maybe reading more into it than necessary.
Will come down to new managers style of play and players he wants.

Herrera looks slow and cumbersome. Pena looks to have something.

Pedro picked the young boy ahead of Herrera at Hampden chasing the game.

A slow target man striker who isn't dominant in the air or score goals is pretty useless for us.

Miller scored 2 goals last week, I wasn't surprised to see our youth coach give Hardie a wee run and Kranjcar plays a different position.

Miller is a 40 year old with no real future at us - things could easily be moved about to get the 1.5 million player on the park.

Herrera deserves more of a chance before we proper judge him but think he will be away in the summer. Maybe Jan.

At 3-0 it was the perfect opportunity to give Hardie a run out- it’s just a shame he did not get on til 83 minutes.

I seen it more as he trust the younger players like Hardie, Barjonas, McCorie as he has worked with them in the development squad and rather play safe with them rather than trying to use Pena and Herrera who haven’t really done much.

Why would you assume the DOF would be telling Murty to play them?

My mind boggles at what the hell people seem to think this DOF role is.

The manager picks the team. At the moment that's Murty.

Why would you assume the DOF would be telling Murty to play them?

My mind boggles at what the hell people seem to think this DOF role is.

The manager picks the team. At the moment that's Murty.

Think if owner/dof have 4 million worth of player kicking about that they have paid out on that they would want to see it working - mad as that is

The fact Murty preferred to bring on Hardie rather than Herrera says a lot for me. Of course it’s not to late for either player to turn it around but it wouldn’t surprise me to see one or both offloaded back to Mexico if any sort of acceptable offers come in.

I would slot Hererra into Millers position. He would at least stick to his position and give Morelos support. Hererra has done reasonably well when given a chance.

I do not know what is going on with Pena but he has shown he has an eye for goal. All will depend on how the new manager sees things but I think its too soon to be writing the Mexicans off.

You'd imagine that any half decent offer coming in for them would be accepted .

I wouldn't be surprised to see the both of them back in Mexico before the end of the season imo

Spot on i think both of them will follow Pedro back to Mexico during the Jan. Transfer window.

If there was any interest in January, assuming we could at least get some money back then I’d imagine they’d be off.

Pena disappeared in Pedro's last game. He didn't make the squad.

He's either injured or something has happened behind the scenes I'd suggest.

You would assume instruction would be coming down to a temp manager to play them under a DOF structure?

It's hard to see where it goes with them?

Why 'under a DoF structure'? A DoF structure - at least the way we work ours - does NOT involve the DoF having ANY input into team selection. And that is just how it should be. Recruitment, yes. Overall ethos, yes? Standardised methodology throughout the age groups, yes. Team selection, NO!

Watching Kranjcar is like listening to Liam Gallagher. You want it to be like it used to be, but you know in your heart of hearts that it never will be.

So far off the pace it's frightening.

He was injured then, I'm not sure if he still is though.

He was in the training pics the day before Murrayfield. I assume Murty has dropped him. Along with Dalcio and the kid from Man City.

I would hope their Rangers careers could still be salvaged, but I suspect any half decent offer that comes in will see them return home.

A friend of mine heard through the grapevine Pena failed a drug test.Most probably pish like the many rumours surrounding the guy

Back