Scotland v Argentina Women's World Cup

3-0 up with 20 mins to go. If u don’t win the. U deserve to be on the first flight home.

Only Scotland

Only Scotland can grab defeat from the jaws of victory.

Reasonably enjoyable game, Scotland played well from 15 mins until Argie's 1st goal on 75 mins, after that we shat ourselves.

3-0 up & they f.ucked it up, the rules clear on the keeper staying on the line the ref did tell her several times

That rule will be scrapped. Every single penalty saved will be retaken, no chance a keeper is saving a penalty with only one foot in front of the line.

When people starting crying for goal line technology, I knew it wouldnt stop at that and VAR has ruined football.

Reactions: ozo
The ending was farcical and VAR absolutely ruins football. However the Scottish reaction to this will be yet again what is wrong with this country and its approach to sport and everything else. All the focus will be on that retake decision with the notion that Scotland were brave and robbed etc. In other words the usual glorious failure that we love so much in Scotland.

The harsh reality is that Scotland were 3-0 up with 15 minutes to play and yet failed to win.

We blew it, as Scotland always seem to do.

Did think it was a penalty tbh but should never had been retaken, can you not even dive forward now? And then hardly any added time?

Ref was a farce but will get away with it because of var and it will be seen as making the right decisions.

VAR isn’t the problem, it’s Fifa’s/Uefa’s rules.

I think it’s hard for the keeper as you need that leverage to dive. Maybe they need another line a yard out from the goaline they aren’t allowed to cross at penalties? I don’t know it’s just an idea.

Clueless management of a game by Scotland.
However, the officials have given them nothing and if this is how the rules are now going to affect the game through VAR then forget it.
A once great game now fckd as a spectator sport, stripped of all of its natural flow and its spontaneity sacrificed to the small print of an over fussy officialdom who are now taking centre stage instead of the players.

Oh, and the Argentines played like falling plates throughout the match and the referee bought every fall.

Thought that retake is very harsh on the keeper and is ruining the game as a spectacle. She’s only took her foot off the line as the player has struck the ball.

1. The new rule is a joke

2. There has to be common sense

It’s not like they’re going to retake the penalties if they score them with the keeper coming off the line. A daft rule.

Seen it coming a mile away, the defending was a joke, too many bad decisions in dangerous areas, allowed Argentina back into the game and their confidence grew. BUT VAR has indeed ruined the game. I hope we dont get this in Scottish Football, but teams like the filth who cry 'weve been cheated' all the time have caused this.

Think the law was both feet must be on the line no movement allowed but it wasn't enforced. Now changed but with VAR they are checking it. Sadly its up to goalkeepers to adapt.
There is going to be some amount of retakes now, the Keeper will hardly save a penalty if this rule is totally enforced.

Why do managers make double changes so late in the game.

It disrupts the structure so much at such a critical stage of the game. I get that changes need to be made but two at the same time is crazy.

I’m sure the sub gave away the penatly

Wasn’t watching

Was the second penalty given because the keeper tripped up the penalty taker while she was trying to score with the rebound?

Absolute fukking joke

Think the law was both feet must be on the line no movement allowed but it wasn't enforced. Now changed but with VAR they are checking it. Sadly its up to goalkeepers to adapt.

You can't be behind the line either - how is a goalkeeper meant to dive then?? An absolute farce of a rule that won't last a season ...

Scotland manager blew it never put any subs on till it was too late girls never won a ball for 10 mins , put so much into it blowing out their arses, she was schooled by the argie.

D9c5BfMXoAAzvCt.jpg

She took one step as she dived. To remain on the line with no momentum is unnatural for a keeper.

Pundit (Gemma ex keeper) is ready for swearing.

Keepers dont need to jump 3 feet off line. But it is not natural to leap from a standstill as you say.

Yes, we chucked the game and yes, Kerr should have mixed things up after we went 3-0 but if this is how VAR will change football then I don't want to watch it.

Wtf was with that added time ? Penalty alone took fucking ages, no way the ref should have ended it that fast.

Back