Lee Bowyer: Joe Aribo making a mistake if he signs for Rangers

Would rather this is announced soon and over the line before the beasts try and hijack it with turnbull deal falling through. Could see them try it and offering him a fortune to try get one up on us.

The lad has his heart set on working under Steven Gerrard. His game will come on leaps and bounds up here.

There is no way he is going to give up learning from a global icon to playing for a alky, jakey, woman threatening, brown toothed animal.

Have some faith

Not ITK or anything, but it would make sense that this is announced tonight after he participates in training and then does the stuff with the media team.

Stop being so scared of them

I'm not scared of them but they have never forgot Mo. It haunts them to this day. They paraded him with a strip and a scarf and he signed for us the next day. They would throw money away to get us back which is what Scott Allan was all about. They threw away a couple of million in fees and wages on a player they did not want or need.

The potential to play in Europe, drive Rangers to the title and push on from there.... vs a season of treading water in the Championship.

Simple choice.

Aribo has perfect mentality for Rangers says ex-coach

New Rangers signing Joe Aribo’s former coach Mark Fabian insists the midfielder will have no problem handling the pressure of the Old Firm goldfish bowl.
The playmaker came through the ranks at non-league Staines and Fabian has given a glowing report card on the 22-year-old who he says will blossom under Steven Gerrard.
"He’s a smashing boy, a real nice kid. More often than not it’s difficult dealing with lads of 16 and 17 from all different backgrounds. There can be problems with attitude or whatever and you need to keep them on the straight and narrow.
But there wasn’t a second of bother with Joe. You could tell he was just a humble lad, willing to work hard and improve every day.
I have no doubt he’ll cope with the pressure of playing for Rangers.
Joe’s got a great mentality and has played in big games in huge atmospheres. I didn’t think he had his best game in the play-off final but he looked comfortable on that stage.
He won’t be intimidated by playing at Ibrox every other week. The fans will take to him because he gives 100 per cent every time he goes out.
The great thing about him is there is so much to come. He’s come a long way but he’s still only 22.
He couldn’t have picked a better manager to help him do it in Gerrard.”​

Get real mate.
So they haven't tried stuff like that before then? Scott Allan and loovens jump out. I fully expect he will sign but it would be foolish to think the fat Japanese wouldn't try pull something like this to get the horde back on his side. He was a target for them recently.

So they haven't tried stuff like that before then? Scott Allan and loovens jump out. I fully expect he will sign but it would be foolish to think the fat Japanese wouldn't try pull something like this to get the horde back on his side. He was a target for them recently.
The fat Japanese has more to contend with these days, and look how well those last two turned out, his fingers have been well and truly scorched. I do however wish it would get settled quickly, I hate these protracted transfers.

Both worked out well didn’t they?

Changed times mate.
A young, promising English midfielder gets the chance to work under Gerrard or Lennon, who's he going to choose?

We're back to being the bigger draw between us both again.

Bullshit !
Agree that the gist of Bowyer's comments are bullshit.
Bowyer is talking about the false situation Rangers have found themselves in over the last few years.
Players unlikely to get a move from Rangers to the Premier League over the last few years due to the problems at Rangers. When we are back to being the best team then that will change, although it will then be more likely that players would not want to leave Rangers.

Things have went all quiet with this guy (Aribo)

Is he currently in Portugal with the squad? Nothing yet about him actually signing as far as I can see.

Is he currently in Portugal with the squad? Nothing yet about him actually signing as far as I can see.
Some people think he's already there, others saying he's heading out today.

There's nothing to suggest any problems with this transfer.

Chances are Charlton are still being awkward over letting him join us early and that's the hold up.

He's officially a free agent on Monday.

I'm sure the club are doing what they can to reach an agreement and get him announced.

Crossing fingers for today!

Chances are Charlton are still being awkward over letting him join us early and that's the hold up.

He's officially a free agent on Monday.

I'm sure the club are doing what they can to reach an agreement and get him announced.

Crossing fingers for today!

You'd think with the way Bowyer has been going on about the lad's progress he would, once he knew where Aribo's heart lay with his next team, have encouraged the club to let him go early to get a full pre-season in so he would be fit and raring to go.

This cock is spewing on talksport, so bitter becuase Charlton are getting a tiny fee saying he should have went to Brentford instead yes.....Brentford

Says Aribo should have stayed in England, Charlton couldn’t afford him, you come to Scotland at the end of your career, clubs (he’s named Brentford specifically) wanted Aribo and he wasn’t made aware by his agent.

You'd think with the way Bowyer has been going on about the lad's progress he would, once he knew where Aribo's heart lay with his next team, have encouraged the club to let him go early to get a full pre-season in so he would be fit and raring to go.
Given that the club also messed Aribo around ref a new contract - apparently they offered, withdrew and re-offered at less money than he was on - you'd think they would play a little more fairly as you say.

I get that they will be pissed off about the compansation but they have let the player get to the point where he has run his contract down. This was always a risk. They need to sort their shit out and let him go with their best wishes.

Personally now I'm happy to wait until Monday to announce the lad.

I actually don’t think Bowyer is coming across as a bad guy here but is ignorance is staggering.

‘How many people go and watch Rangers’?***

*** He’s not talking about support but clubs looking to sign players and Aribo getting the best opportunity with his next move.

He may or may not have signed yet and I’m sure nobody on the forum knows for certain. I can only imagine the hold up is due to trying to negotiate an early release from his contract! Charlton obviously not cooperating by the looks of it. Not sure he’ll appear in Portugal if it’s not sorted today

Cannot believe the shite Bowyer was coming out with. Kept saying all he cares about is football but his points would revert back to money? Jim White seemed to suggest that rangers are a bigger pull than the championship/Brentford albeit in his usual ‘I’m diplomatic and everyone’s pal’ way. Simon Jordan wasn’t having what Bowyer was saying though and made it clear Bowyer is being unfair and naive in this. I’ve never known a manger to try get on the radio constantly to try wreck a transfer deal. Guy is like that ex wife that posts about her ex husband on Facebook after a few wines.

Last edited:
Laughing like f*ck at Lee Bowyer.

It's incredibly funny to watch him piss his pants for attention on national radio.

Here's the thing Lee, we are big dogs. Everyone knows Rangers, and everyone has an opinion on Rangers, one way or another. Being here means you become known. It means something.

Charlton, Brentford or whatever diddy club in the Championship wanted Aribo can't offer that. We're just so much bigger than anything else on the table.

Can't see it before Monday then, Bowyer is obviously immune to common sense and acceptance, so will stick with petty and spiteful.

Back