Celtic face threat of multimillion pound compensation claim(The Times)

I'm doing some art work at the moment for awareness to the Peodo ring in the east end.
what are the names of all convicted to date as regarding Ceptic FC
I have
James McCafferty
Jim Torbett
Frank Cairney
Gerald King
am I missing 1 as thought there were 5. Can someone confirm.

Does anyone have a generic email they are sending to these companies? Please

Basically question their integrity as a company - that they would sponsor an organisation that supported and protected a massive Peadophile ring.

Keep them all different mate. Generic notes in their dozens will loose this quest any credibility mate. ;)

From other posters....Consider asking any of these questions.

“Are you comfortable with your companies relationship with a sports club that had a paedophile ring operating over decades?”

“Do you intend renewing sponsorship of a sports club at the heart of a paedophile ring?”

“Do you agree that those who do not condemn paedophile rings publicly condone them?”

“Do you regret sponsoring a club with historical links to a paedophile ring?”

Last edited:
I'm doing some art work at the moment for awareness to the Peodo ring in the east end.
I have
James McCafferty
Jim Torbett
Frank Cairney
Gerald King
Torbett X 2
Cullen the photographer for the Celtc View.

I have
James McCafferty
Jim Torbett
Frank Cairney
Gerald King

Cullen, the Celtic View Photographer & Strachan from Edinburgh CBC

There is also another one on the run that remains unnamed at this time.

Basically question their integrity as a company - that they would sponsor an organisation that supported and protected a massive Peadophile ring.

Keep them all different mate. Generic notes in their dozens will loose this quest any credibility mate. ;)

And mention that there is clear evidence that they housed a pardophile ring.
And they tried to deny it by holding an internal investigation that denied any wrongdoing that was before some of the claimed paedophiles were convicted.
Additionally they are the ONLY football club in the history of the world who KNOWINGLY re employed a paedophile. This is a slam dunk point.

Or in simple terms -

#celticknew

I’ll be in touch @Grigo Yossarian

On a side note,I’m sure another poster asked this earlier on the thread,what’s was the drill with the “McNeil open secret” was it a quote from inside court or was in the rags,or a book was there any solid info on it,anyone ??

My recollection of this quote was that he said it in a television interview in the 90s when the story first broke. It might have been a documentary or just a news clip. Maybe that’s why we can’t find it in newspaper archives? We should be looking at TV archives?

Cullen, the Celtic View Photographer & Strachan from Edinburgh CBC

There is also another one on the run that remains unnamed at this time.

Lawwell himself? Gerry McCann? I'd imagine there must still be a number of others that haven't been named yet be it on the Celtic Football Club Board or more Celtic Boys Club coaches or directors? Everyone must have known, how could someone work there and deny the truth? I recon there must be more.

I have
James McCafferty
Jim Torbett
Frank Cairney
Gerald King
There are 6 so far not counting Torbett's 2nd conviction 7 if you include the one who has fled and is now on the run and remember Gerry MCSherry said he gave over a list of 14

There are 6 so far not counting Torbett's 2nd conviction 7 if you include the one who has fled and is now on the run and remember Gerry MCSherry said he gave over a list of 14

And many years before Gerry did, Hugh Birt gave the club it, so they’ve almost definitely caused many children to have been abused because of the club actions and ‘scurrilous’ accusations claim.

Yep. A club like no other. THEY GOT THAT RIGHT. :mad:

That episode in America is so well documted, that it would be difficult to argue against it didn't happen. I hope it's true and American litigators are on the Paedos case.

Exactly Jwee.

THE other thing about it was the meeting in Boston Airport where they agreed not to tell the police but also just let Cairney walk away & claim it was due to business interests. Totally exposed the cover up.

They’re dropped in serious serious shit if this is true mate.
PennState payouts over $100m George Goudie ?

Try $280m Grigo. But the US Government don't condone peadophilia, whereas the Scottish government see it as a 'lesser' crime to fraud. Hence the light sentences. It really is incredible when you read that back to yourself. Scotland is becoming toxic.

My recollection of this quote was that he said it in a television interview in the 90s when the story first broke. It might have been a documentary or just a news clip. Maybe that’s why we can’t find it in newspaper archives? We should be looking at TV archives?

Thanks Karbear.

That episode in America is so well documented , that it would be difficult to argue against it didn't happen. I hope it's true and American litigators are on the Paedos case.

1991 - Frank Cairney resigns after abuse allegations against a minor in New Jersey.

1994 - Tommy Burns attempts to bring Cairney back into the " Celtic family ", but is refused by Fergus McCann following outrage from Peasant fans in New Jersey.

https://themanthebheastscanttame.wordpress.com/2012/11/10/the-celtic-sex-case/

Cairney should have been extradited long ago to face trial in the USA. Only Holyrood and the Crown Office can explain why he wasn't. Even then, the victims of abuse might not receive justice in the USA. This short video clip from a senior American RC lawyer at the Oxford Union explains why. The first three minutes in are disturbing, very disturbing.

Last edited:
Try $280m Grigo. But the US Government don't condone peadophilia, whereas the Scottish government see it as a 'lesser' crime to fraud. Hence the light sentences. It really is incredible when you read that back to yourself. Scotland is becoming toxic.

Absolutely George. Just had a shower but this country still makes me feel dirty :D:D

But that’s massive for Penn State. $280m. Even though there was only one proven victim in USA it could easily cost over $10m, but will just blow everything wide open.

Sponsors, SFA, Wee Nikla’s gang all exposed worldwide.

Could be game set & match given its Wimbledon week.

I am sure i seen this on tv in the 90s no doubt the footage be destroyed by now

Just spotted this on Twitter, is this true?

[B]VCcam96[/B]‏ @[B]LifeIsFootball6[/B]
FollowFollow @LifeIsFootball6
More
Just heard Celtic FC have lost their appeal against the US supreme courts in Washington DC. Celtic appealed against being trialed in the US as they're a UK based company but legally the US courts have rubbished that claim, and they lost their appeal.
7:14 PM - 30 Jun 2019

[B]VCcam96[/B]‏ @[B]LifeIsFootball6[/B] 1h1 hour ago
More
July 29th is when Celtic will be in the hands of the US supreme court. This info is sourced from an influential board member from a Scottish Premiership club.

Just spotted this on Twitter, is this true?

[B]VCcam96[/B]‏ @[B]LifeIsFootball6[/B]
FollowFollow @LifeIsFootball6
More
Just heard Celtic FC have lost their appeal against the US supreme courts in Washington DC. Celtic appealed against being trialed in the US as they're a UK based company but legally the US courts have rubbished that claim, and they lost their appeal.
7:14 PM - 30 Jun 2019

[B]VCcam96[/B]‏ @[B]LifeIsFootball6[/B] 1h1 hour ago
More
July 29th is when Celtic will be in the hands of the US supreme court. This info is sourced from an influential board member from a Scottish Premiership club.

Sorry a bit late to the party, still wondering though.

Maybe the reasons for the fire sale, Tims saying Tierney has said his goodbyes.

https://stv.tv/news/west-central/1433901-whistleblower-accuses-celtic-of-failing-sex-abuse-victims/

Gerry McSherry said: "I gave the police the names. 14 names, not two names.

"I gave them the names in 1995 and 1996. They only arrested Torbett and Cairney at the time.

"Clearly, serious questions need to be asked of the police."

He believes that both he and Birt were smeared for speaking out and admits that doing so took a huge toll on his personal life and "still does".

Lets hope all 14 are rounded up, jailed for life and never see the light of day ever again.

Back