Celtic face threat of multimillion pound compensation claim(The Times)

And if they don’t get compensation?

The victims will only get compensation if Celtic hold their hands up - which they're not going to do - or Thompson's take them to court and win. If Thompson's lose then the victims will get nothing.

For Solicitors such as Thompson's it's all about the money. As I said before, they couldn't care less what punishment Celtic may face - that's not their concern.

Yes indeed.
The disgusting thing about all of this for me is the continuing financial prosperity of cfc through the years while they enabled child rape as an everyday occurrence.

Think about that for a minute !!!

Footballers, shareholders, agents, physios, managers etc etc all made pots of money while ignoring the daily rampant abuse of children.

Even the MSM from the cheerleaders of the past thro to the current day wee bigoted shug and his cohorts drink from the financial well of paedo harbourer FC every single day !

You’re right OUBB.

Forgetting that it’s them, this is a big Scottish business that’s been making millions a year & yet they are continuing to ignore genuine abuse claims by their employees that they have lorded over & covered up.

Morally reprehensible in all ways :mad:

They want compensation for their clients. That's all that matters to them. They get their cut - job done.

They have no interest in any punishment Celtic may face.
Of course they look after their clients interests.

If those clients refuse to settle out of court, should any offer be made, then the solicitor have no alternative but to go in front of a judge.

These abuse claims are going to court, if not already lodged in court. Patience required, the clock is ticking down on the Paedo c@nts. When the first claim is heard and upheld, they'll be a Tsunami of other claims, there is no getting away from this for them, they're flecked.

The victims will only get compensation if Celtic hold their hands up - which they're not going to do - or Thompson's take them to court and win. If Thompson's lose then the victims will get nothing.

For Solicitors such as Thompson's it's all about the money. As I said before, they couldn't care less what punishment Celtic may face - that's not their concern.

So they could be waiting until they are certain they’ll win when it goes to court, which may take a while.

Are Thompson's a well funded firm and is ATE insurance available for this type of action? None of the victims will be in a position to take a case to court and end up with the costs should they lose . If they can then they will be very well off people. Thompsons is a law firm run by entreprenurial lawyers who will be looking for nice fat fees one would think . As you say they arent interested in anything to do with CFC per se.

The lawyers always are the winners when it comes to civil cases. It doesn't matter to them what damage celtc suffer as long as they get paid lots and lots of money. Hopefully they are on a no pay if we lose contract and as such they will go out for the largest settlement they can get from the papes. Hopefully in the multi millions which consigns them to the second division at least and makes their name stink all over the world.

Any judgement of course will be appealed all the way up to the Supreme Court which will garner even more bad publicity for the papes.

I can see a settlement being offered here by them so that they avoid the world wide stench their name will cause.

An absolute disgrace that second point mate. So Celtic re employ & then hide information about paedophiles yet others need to share the burden ?

Even though they are a PLC & others are separate legal entities ? Quite astonishing I think TH.

I am sure this was pointed out on here when first published. What an absolute brassneck. The bastards will try every trick in the book to evade punishment. This has Lawwell's mucky paws all over it.

I just hope that Dave King is fully aware of this charade and told the Sweet Fúck All that their charitable fund to help the Bheasts from The East will not include one penny from Ibrox. I hope other Clubs take heed of this sick situation also.

I am sure this was pointed out on here when first published. What an absolute brassneck. The bastards will try every trick in the book to evade punishment. This has Lawwell's mucky paws all over it.

I just hope that Dave King is fully aware of this charade and told the Sweet Fúck All that their charitable fund to help the Bheasts from The East will not include one penny from Ibrox. I hope other Clubs take heed of this sick situation also.

Now there's a headline right there. Our journalists are fucking cowards though. Front page headlines:

All SPFL teams to fund compensation for victims of child abuse.

Now there's a headline right there. Our journalists are fucking cowards though. Front page headlines:

All SPFL teams to fund compensation for victims of child abuse.

So Celtic actually allow children to be sexually abused and Rangers are somehow supposed to provide compensation ?
If our club was to even donate one penny to this sick charade I would actually disown them.

The lawyers always are the winners when it comes to civil cases. It doesn't matter to them what damage celtc suffer as long as they get paid lots and lots of money. Hopefully they are on a no pay if we lose contract and as such they will go out for the largest settlement they can get from the papes. Hopefully in the multi millions which consigns them to the second division at least and makes their name stink all over the world.

Any judgement of course will be appealed all the way up to the Supreme Court which will garner even more bad publicity for the papes.

I can see a settlement being offered here by them so that they avoid the world wide stench their name will cause.
Unfortunately for them their " Separate Entity " pish months ago have backed them into a corner cause if they admit to anything now then they must have been lying

So Celtic actually allow children to be sexually abused and Rangers are somehow supposed to provide compensation ?
If our club was to even donate one penny to this sick charade I would actually disown them.
When you remember they were withholding transfer fees and league money from us, but fining the club at the same time, this feels.

If King is to complain, then it needs to go to UEFA

Exactly. The bastards are sitting on millions yet Scottish clubs with significantly tighter budgets who behaved morally need to share the cost of this scandal ?

%^*& right off :mad:

Unfortunately for them their " Separate Entity " pish months ago have backed them into a corner cause if they admit to anything now then they must have been lying

They’ve already been proven to be lying JF, both in respect to separate entity BS when they had these guys as employees & all of the BS on the Celtic View about them, and then their claim about their 2 year investigation, either way, says they’ve lied, or hidden important information from the LSE.

Either way they have no credibility. Or integrity.

But we all knew that anyway. ;)

I’ll be in touch @Grigo Yossarian

On a side note,I’m sure another poster asked this earlier on the thread,what’s was the drill with the “McNeil open secret” was it a quote from inside court or was in the rags,or a book was there any solid info on it,anyone ??

On a side note,I’m sure another poster asked this earlier on the thread,what’s was the drill with the “McNeil open secret” was it a quote from inside court or was in the rags,or a book was there any solid info on it,anyone ??
I'm sure it was posted on here , maybe not this thread, but definitely on here over the last couple of months.
It was in one of the rags, but I can't remember the poster who posted it .

Any sexual abuse victims at Celtic boys club can be fully financially compensated by Celtic Football Club and nobody else.

Exactly.

But I hope it’s not before a full enquiry mate.

How many paedos are walking about free in our country now that should be in jail because of that club ?

That man Birts memory should be honoured by his other 8 suggested paedos being investigated.

Who knows whose street they are living in ?

For everyone wondering why this is taking so long, remember how easy it is for this kind of thing to go tits up.

Look how Craig Whyte got away with it, or the people who hanged the effigies, or even OJ Simpson.

Serving writs isn’t something you do willy nilly. Jobs will be on the line, potential jail time, millions of pounds. It’s a massive thing and it could be months before they’re ready to press that button, because once it starts all hell will break loose and they better have every single base covered.

Of course it might never happen. It could go right to the wire before celtic go “ok here’s some compensation”.

So they could be waiting until they are certain they’ll win when it goes to court, which may take a while.

I've no idea why Thompson's appear to be dithering. Perhaps the fact that Celtic are refusing to blink has unnerved them a little, I don't know.

But by now I would imagine they will be in possession of all the evidence they're ever likely to have, and from where I'm sitting it looks like an open goal.

But Celtic's lawyers clearly have other ideas. They believe they can win this.

Celtic have set out their stall. They've circled the wagons and decided to go with their separate entity stance. They're saying to McGuire " Go ahead, prove it. "

This heaps all the pressure on to McGuire to prove the connection between Celtic FC and CBC beyond all reasonable doubt.

For what it's worth, and I was taken aback by this, Celtic supporters I've spoken to also believe they can win this case. I think they're delusional, but there are no certainties here.

Last edited:
For everyone wondering why this is taking so long, remember how easy it is for this kind of thing to go tits up.

Look how Craig Whyte got away with it, or the people who hanged the effigies, or even OJ Simpson.

Serving writs isn’t something you do willy nilly. Jobs will be on the line, potential jail time, millions of pounds. It’s a massive thing and it could be months before they’re ready to press that button, because once it starts all hell will break loose and they better have every single base covered.

Of course it might never happen. It could go right to the wire before celtic go “ok here’s some compensation”.

Good post Ricksen. But then just offering these people money won’t really get the enormity of what’s happened out.

It’s a big ask, but getting a full open & objective enquiry would get justice not just for the abused & their families that we know of such as the Gray family & Kenny Campbell but so many others whose story hasn’t yet been made public.

Are Thompson's a well funded firm and is ATE insurance available for this type of action? None of the victims will be in a position to take a case to court and end up with the costs should they lose . If they can then they will be very well off people. Thompsons is a law firm run by entreprenurial lawyers who will be looking for nice fat fees one would think . As you say they arent interested in anything to do with CFC per se.

Thompson's will be doing this on a no win no fee basis. The victims won't be out of pocket.

Thompson's will be doing this on a no win no fee basis. The victims won't be out of pocket.

Yes, but they’ll probably be on 30% of their awards.
So it’s in Thomson’s interests to do as many victims at once.
Higher net return for them that way, which may be consistent with the rumours we’re hearing of delaying it to add in more people coming forward ?

Yes, but they’ll probably be on 30% of their awards.
So it’s in Thomson’s interests to do as many victims at once.
Higher net return for them that way, which may be consistent with the rumours we’re hearing of delaying it to add in more people coming forward ?

Of course Thompson's want as many victims as possible to come forward.

But I know of no good reason why they haven't started serving the writs given they'been threatening to do so for some time.

Surely the only thing that needs proven is the fact that the boys club was part of the football club?

You win the first case then the floodgates open.

I think the " Open Secret " quote is believed to have been added at a later date although I know of someone who believes it wasn't and says he is hoping to prove it very soon

File under urban myth.

There isn't a shred of evidence anywhere that proves McNeil said this under oath in a court of law or anywhere else for that matter.

I've no idea why Thompson's appear to be dithering. Perhaps the fact that Celtic are refusing to blink has unnerved them a little, I don't know.

But by now I would imagine they will be in possession of all the evidence they're ever likely to have, and from where I'm sitting it looks like an open goal.

But Celtic's lawyers clearly have other ideas. They believe they can win this.

Celtic have set out their stall. They've circled the wagons and decided to go with their separate entity stance. They're saying to McGuire " Go ahead, prove it. "

This heaps all the pressure on to McGuire to prove the connection between Celtic FC and CBC beyond all reasonable doubt.

For what it's worth, and I was taken aback by this, Celtic supporters I've spoken to also believe they can win this case. I think they're delusional, but there are no certainties here.

Actions raised by Thompsons would be under civil, rather than criminal, law; as such the success criterium is 'On the balance of probabilities' rather than 'Beyond all reasonable doubt'.

I think the " Open Secret " quote is believed to have been added at a later date although I know of someone who believes it wasn't and says he is hoping to prove it very soon

Having personally trawled the Mitchell archives extensively I'd suggest he's wasting his time.

I believe it was Hugh Birt that said it was an open secret, not McNeil.

Back