FollowFollow is the 3rd Biggest Fan Forum in the UK

B10P

Sometimes I check out other teams' forums if Rangers are linked with a player, and I noticed how quiet they often are. So I decided to find out which are the most popular football forums in the UK. It turns out FollowFollow is the third biggest in the UK, only behind forums for Liverpool and Man United.

Here's the top 20:

1. Liverpool | liverpoolfc.com
2. Man Utd | redcafe.net
3. Rangers | followfollow.com
4. West Ham | kumb.com
5. Celtic | kerrydalestreet.co.uk
6. Liverpool | thisisanfield.com
7. Tottenham | spurscommunity.co.uk
8. Middlesbrough | comeonboro.com
9. Man Utd | utdforum.com
10. Sheffield Wednesday | owlstalk.co.uk
11. Man City | bluemoon-mcfc.co.uk
12. Birmingham City | smallheathalliance.com
13. Tottenham | thefightingcock.co.uk
14. Sheffield Utd | s24su.com
15. Everton | grandoldteam.com
16. Hibs | hibs.net
17. Leicester | foxestalk.co.uk
18. Brighton | northstandchat.com
19. Liverpool | redandwhitekop.com
20. Charlton Athletic | charltonlife.com

[ The rankings were created using Alexa.com data (owned by Amazon) which provides rankings for websites. The GB 3 month ranking for each site was used to create the above list using data from the 3rd July 2019. You can see the data for each website by adding the domain onto the end of https://www.alexa.com/siteinfo/* For example: https://www.alexa.com/siteinfo/followfollow.com ]

[Edit: liverpoolfc.com has been used as a measure of the popularity of forums.liverpoolfc.com. This is likely to overestimate the popularity of forums.liverpoolfc.com. However, the forum does look very busy, so it would be worse to exclude it totally. If there was data for only forums.liverpoolfc.com then it may drop down the rankings, and FollowFollow may actually be in 2nd place]

Last edited:
That’s interesting. I only use FF for any Rangers/football news, not for staunch points, but because I like the people’s attitude in here. Sure it’s mental at times, but I feel in good company.
Considering the exposure Liverpool and Man U have, that’s quite remarkable. Loyal and True!;)

Hibs.net were quick starters - they were the biggest fan forum in the UK for a few seasons in the early days. When we were with Rivals.net they set the benchmarks.

Also, surprisingly, for a long time the Rivals.net forum for Cambridge United was massive - I found it very dull but they punched out three stories a day every day and Cambridge fans were mad for it!

Hibs.net were quick starters - they were the biggest fan forum in the UK for a few seasons in the early days. When we were with Rivals.net they set the benchmarks.

Also, surprisingly, for a long time the Rivals.net forum for Cambridge United was massive - I found it very dull but they punched out three stories a day every day and Cambridge fans were mad for it!

Good content with a basis for discussion will attract visitors. Your deviant posts in the lounge are a testament to that.

That’s interesting. I only use FF for any Rangers/football news, not for staunch points, but because I like the people’s attitude in here. Sure it’s mental at times, but I feel in good company.
Considering the exposure Liverpool and Man U have, that’s quite remarkable. Loyal and True!;)

It is mainly good people because arseholeishness is quickly weeded out by the admins.

Other sites let folk talk to each other as they like, and inevitably it ends up a rabble

Been here since the start.

Its my first port of call for everything Rangers

Last edited:
Here are some others based on the comments above. If you think there are any missing from these clubs let me know:

32. Arsenal | arsenal-mania.com
51. Arsenal | onlinearsenal.com
53. Arsenal | goonersworld.co.uk
56. Arsenal | goonersweb.co.uk

48. Chelsea | talkchelsea.net
50. Chelsea | theshedend.com

38. Newcastle | newcastle-online.org
46. Newcastle | toontastic.net
57. Newcastle | toonforum.co.uk

25. Rangers | rangersmedia.co.uk
62. Rangers | gersnetonline.co.uk

tenor.gif

Last edited:
I've been on a good few sites for the same reason reason as the OP. I have to say followfollow has the best lay out hands down, it's much easier to navigate through as well

Is this only due to traffic from both members and lurkers? Possibly half of the traffic are those from the Giro Dome no doubt. We have if not the best following in the UK. Doesn’t surprise me.

It means their admins have allowed a handful of cranks to dominate discussions and destroy it as a vehicle for rational discussion.

Having spent a good amount of time on there and here over the years, I'd say the number of cranks are fairly equal.

Am I allowed to speculate how many unwashed are on one single thread in Kerryfail St. The "All things Rangers" thread

Where does the Ad revenue go? Because they’ll be making a fortune off here for the most intrusive annoying adverts.

The official Liverpool site is in there at No 1 is it not. That hardly counts as a fan forum surely?

The forum is on https://forums.liverpoolfc.com

I made a guess that most of the traffic comes from the forum because it looks very busy, so included liverpoolfc.com (it's not possible to get data just for forums.liverpoolfc.com). But yes, that one might be a bit high, so FollowFollow could potentially be 2nd.

The Carlisle forum on Rivals.net was good as well back then.

Imagine if they ever did a “most talked about team” across all forums. We’d probably be more than the next 9 teams put together! Kerryfailstreet or whatever it is probably discussed us more than them :cool:

Back