One More Player

Albertz_Was_King

According to Gerrard he believes we still need one more player to compete. He said the following:

A lot of the players we have brought in have been on free contracts or loans. It is not as if we have gone and spent heavily to improve the squad.

We are very pleased with the business we have done. As I say, if we can maybe add one more I think the squad will be set and ready to push and challenge.

Interesting. Trying to decode what he is saying, is he suggesting the one more being a Helander type, who will cost £3m and has a bit of pedigree or another squad player?

I wonder. Looks like we won't jump in with haste and will wait patiently for the right player.

Sign one and loan one in and well be done i reckon

Id say weve spent around 7 million so far. Theyll still be some to spend

Ideally it would be Kent and a striker but if we get all the deadwood out and get Kent in it will have been an amazing window and we can maybe focus on a striker in Jan if required

Is it Kent or another player for that position? We seem overloaded there already but surely we have to bring him back if we're able to.

i think liverpool will probably buy someone in kents position soon to back up their front 3 and then kent will be with us

Lafferty and Hardie away leaves us only 2 experienced centre forwards.
Morelos uncertainty might leave us with one, and he's 36.

We need another striker.
Hence why the manager said if anyone wants Morelos it better be soon as he won't be sold later in the window

Tells me that Alfie is staying as if he was leaving we would need more than 1 as we do not want to get into the semi final situation again . Know someone said Stewart but it would be unfair to ask him to play what would be a false number nine .
Would be happy with squad if we had Alfie , Defoe and someone in the style of McBurnie not saying him as haven't seen enough of him. Feeling Kent wont be back hope i am wrong.

A striker

Don’t think we will get Kent and to be honest I don’t think we need another wide player.

Tells me that Alfie is staying as if he was leaving we would need more than 1 as we do not want to get into the semi final situation again . Know someone said Stewart but it would be unfair to ask him to play what would be a false number nine .
Would be happy with squad if we had Alfie , Defoe and someone in the style of McBurnie not saying him as haven't seen enough of him. Feeling Kent wont be back hope i am wrong.

Think the Morelos situation is fluid. Gerrard can only comment on the situation as things stand. If Morelos is to go he will be replaced.

I honestly believe we don't need another one but SG knows best :)
Don't mind admitting that I watched the paedo protectors tonight on a dodgy stream and we have absolutely nothing to fear regards #55, they are nothing compared to previous years!

A striker

Don’t think we will get Kent and to be honest I don’t think we need another wide player.

Kent Morelos Ojo, would give us a great chance. All other options Hastie Jones Candeias Murphy Stewart are not as good as Kent. If we can even make our starting 11 1% better we need to take it.

I think we’ll get Kent or someone similar.

Near the end of the English window I think Alfie might end up in the EPL and we’ll have a quality replacement lined up.

And yes,if it’s Andre Gray I will be acting like a small child and telling any bead rattler in sight the 55 express is going to smash through them.

Not when I watched him v Oxford, and even if he was we would still have Alfie and Defoe, why would we buy another striker?

I could have played striker for us against oxford.

I think he was only getting minutes into his legs.

Injuries/suspensions to defo and morelos would decimate our title challenge.

Would not be surprised to see a backup no.9 come in.

Striker for me.

It's the only part of the team now where I could see us running into trouble with injury / suspension.

The rest of the squad looks totally covered to me

You'd have said the same about a centre half 2 weeks ago. Next.
We only had 3 centre halves for 2 positions at the time, and it was obvious we were after one with the links to Mexer earlier in the window so that wasn't a surprise.

We currently have 2 very good strikers for 1 position, spending big money on another one wouldn't make any sense. If we were signing a striker it would be a cheaper backup option.

Positions where we remain a little short:

Left back - only Barisic is a true left back and only Barisic on form is of the quality we should be aiming for.

Striker - could do with cover though would be hard to attract genuine quality to 3rd place. Obviously if Alfie goes he needs replaced and we hopefully have some names prepared to pursue very quickly if that happens

Central mid with attacking bias - we only really have 5 central mids for 3 roles and that’s a bit short for a whole campaign.

I would think that the player he is thinking of is another central mid as that is probably where we are shortest and most likely to get decent bang for buck.

Striker for me.

It's the only part of the team now where I could see us running into trouble with injury / suspension.

The rest of the squad looks totally covered to me
Totally agree. Would rather have another (decent) striker than Kent back if it’s only one signing.

He's absolutely right. Sign Ryan Kent and we're ready to go. People are saying we need another striker but Stewart seems capable of filling the 3rd choice role. We're a team who play one striker so it would be very hard to find a quality striker who is happy to be third choice. Any third choice striker is mostly likely going to be warming the bench for the vast majority of the season. I am amazed some are saying they'd rather have a third choice back up striker than Ryan Kent, if we are to make only one signing.

You win
Lets buy a striker, stick Alfie on the bench and Defoe in the stands.
You win let’s play Greg Stewart who has never played as a striker except a friendly against Oxford Utd if anything happens to Defoe or Morelos during the season.

I'd like to see another forward but I'd opt for something different to what we have in Alfie or Defoe. I'd like a big target man who gives us something different and someone we can bring on for the last 20 mins in games we are struggling ( sadly it's gonna happen, always does when teams pack a defense and we struggled with that at times last year). Doesn't need to be overly technical just a big battering ram who can win long balls and knock down to any of our more skillful attack mined players.

He's absolutely right. Sign Ryan Kent and we're ready to go. People are saying we need another striker but Stewart seems capable of filling the 3rd choice role. We're a team who play one striker so it would be very hard to find a quality striker who is happy to be third choice. Any third choice striker is mostly likely going to be warming the bench for the vast majority of the season. I am amazed some are saying they'd rather have a third choice back up striker than Ryan Kent, if we are to make only one signing.
Seems logical

Back