Celtic face threat of multimillion pound compensation claim(The Times)

Initial 40 sent with 10% 'bounce backs' in a couple of hours or so. It's fairly quick to do once you get organised. Here's hoping for at least one or two decent replies.

More tomorrow when I get the time to do so.

Awesome work and well played Ts,brilliant effort giving up your time like others sending them emails,every single last one of you guys,I’m in the early stages of doing one myself that i can use as a template to fire away relevant parties.

we should all be doing what we can and an email is quick and easy with a standard template with small adjustments and is achievable as Ts says and as others have shown when organised.

Last edited:
Exactly.

Exactly. Too many part time lawyers on here. Any criminal actions arising from this may already have been prejudiced and will not go ahead. What do people want on here? Really want? Criminal or civil proceedings? Or do they actually know the difference. Criminal puts an individual in the dock and civil the body corporate for damages.
As a layman who doesn't have any specific knowledge of law, I would have expected both Criminal and Civil proceedings.

Likely to be people involved in the ring that have still to be brought to justice.

Would have thought it is possible to prove that the corporate body have serious questions to answer also.

As a layman who doesn't have any specific knowledge of law, I would have expected both Criminal and Civil proceedings.

Likely to be people involved in the ring that have still to be brought to justice.

Would have thought it is possible to prove that the corporate body have serious questions to answer also.
There should also be disciplinary action taken by the SFA/SPFL, it would be likely that the seriousness of charges brought against CFC would be unprecedented, and the consequences should reflect this.

Thinking of other angles to keep the pressure on the bheasts and their facilitators, as getting little in the way of positive response to date from Justice Minister, SFA, UEFA amongst others - although I'm continuing correspondence with all. It's obvious the authorities in Scotland are stonewalling, to save their own necks or in the SNP's case protect their nationalist/republican vote.

I'm considering collating timeline details and parties involved in the Cairney, New Jersey abuse incident in 1991 and it's subsequent cover up. Coupling this with Torbett being tracked down in the USA prior to being brought back to face trial, this is indicative that the peadophile ring was operating at least in part,.on US soil. Would send all information to Federal authorities in US, anyone else tried this or see any potential pitfalls?

Celtic Boys Club abuse: Ruth Davidson joins calls for inquiry

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/celtic-boys-club-abuse-davidson-joins-calls-for-inquiry-256hw2kn6
Ruth Davidson has joined opposition parties to demand an independent inquiry into systematic sexual abuse at Celtic FC’s feeder club and its links to the Parkhead outfit.
The Scottish Conservative leader claimed that survivors had been badly let down and called for an investigation to establish “what Celtic FC knew about these offences and when they knew it”. Scottish Labour and the Liberal Democrats also called for a public inquiry.
The calls will heap further pressure on the premiership club to follow the example of Manchester City, which has apologised and offered to compensate victims of the paedophile former youth coach Barry Bennell.

Four men who held senior roles with Celtic Boys Club (CBC) have been convicted of sexually assaulting dozens of children. While expressing “regret and sorrow” Celtic FC insists it is not culpable for the abuse, describing the boys’ club as a separate organisation.
Ms Davidson outlined her views in a letter to a constituent, seen by The Times. “The reports that have emerged in recent years are extremely distressing and while it is welcome that [the CBC founder] Jim Torbett and others have been convicted for their depraved acts, this issue clearly goes wider,” she wrote.
“Any further allegations of criminality must be swiftly investigated by the police so that further criminal proceedings can be brought while necessary. Through a series of trials we now know something of the scale of the abuse committed by a number of men associated with CBC. What we do not know is what Celtic FC knew about these offences and when they knew it.
“These questions must now be independently and fully investigated and, if necessary, a compensation scheme should be established such as that set up this year by Manchester City.”
She added: “It is clear that victims of child abuse in football have been let down and I very much hope Police Scotland, clubs and the Scottish FA will give them the closure they need and they justice they deserve.
“Please be assured the Scottish Conservatives will closely monitor developments on this matter over the coming weeks and months.”
Last month Peter Lawwell, the chief executive of Celtic FC, said that the club had been conducting its own internal investigation for two years.
James Kelly, Scottish Labour’s football spokesman, said that its findings should be made public. He added that it would “clearly be in the best interests of all . . . for Celtic Football Club to commit to a further public inquiry which is open and transparent. I have raised these issues directly with Celtic FC on behalf of constituents.”
Pauline McNeill, a Glasgow Labour MSP and Celtic supporter, said: “Celtic FC should in some way contribute to any reparations made to those affected by historic abuse at CBC.”
A Scottish Liberal Democrat spokeswoman added: “We are in favour of an inquiry.”
The Scottish government said it was awaiting the publication of a report commissioned by the Scottish FA into historical sexual abuse within football. A spokeswoman said: “We will carefully consider its findings.”
Mr Lawwell said: “It would be inappropriate for us to be discussing highly sensitive and confidential legal matters in the media and we will not do so, even if that means we come under criticism for following the due legal process.”

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/celtic-boys-club-abuse-davidson-joins-calls-for-inquiry-256hw2kn6

Ruth Davidson has joined opposition parties to demand an independent inquiry into systematic sexual abuse at Celtic FC’s feeder club and its links to the Parkhead outfit.
The Scottish Conservative leader claimed that survivors had been badly let down and called for an investigation to establish “what Celtic FC knew about these offences and when they knew it”. Scottish Labour and the Liberal Democrats also called for a public inquiry.
The calls will heap further pressure on the premiership club to follow the example of Manchester City, which has apologised and offered to compensate victims of the paedophile former youth coach Barry Bennell.

Four men who held senior roles with Celtic Boys Club (CBC) have been convicted of sexually assaulting dozens of children. While expressing “regret and sorrow” Celtic FC insists it is not culpable for the abuse, describing the boys’ club as a separate organisation.
Ms Davidson outlined her views in a letter to a constituent, seen by The Times. “The reports that have emerged in recent years are extremely distressing and while it is welcome that [the CBC founder] Jim Torbett and others have been convicted for their depraved acts, this issue clearly goes wider,” she wrote.
“Any further allegations of criminality must be swiftly investigated by the police so that further criminal proceedings can be brought while necessary. Through a series of trials we now know something of the scale of the abuse committed by a number of men associated with CBC. What we do not know is what Celtic FC knew about these offences and when they knew it.
“These questions must now be independently and fully investigated and, if necessary, a compensation scheme should be established such as that set up this year by Manchester City.”
She added: “It is clear that victims of child abuse in football have been let down and I very much hope Police Scotland, clubs and the Scottish FA will give them the closure they need and they justice they deserve.
“Please be assured the Scottish Conservatives will closely monitor developments on this matter over the coming weeks and months.”
Last month Peter Lawwell, the chief executive of Celtic FC, said that the club had been conducting its own internal investigation for two years.

James Kelly, Scottish Labour’s football spokesman, said that its findings should be made public. He added that it would “clearly be in the best interests of all . . . for Celtic Football Club to commit to a further public inquiry which is open and transparent. I have raised these issues directly with Celtic FC on behalf of constituents.”
Pauline McNeill, a Glasgow Labour MSP and Celtic supporter, said: “Celtic FC should in some way contribute to any reparations made to those affected by historic abuse at CBC.”
A Scottish Liberal Democrat spokeswoman added: “We are in favour of an inquiry.”
The Scottish government said it was awaiting the publication of a report commissioned by the Scottish FA into historical sexual abuse within football. A spokeswoman said: “We will carefully consider its findings.”
Mr Lawwell said: “It would be inappropriate for us to be discussing highly sensitive and confidential legal matters in the media and we will not do so, even if that means we come under criticism for following the due legal process.”

Last edited:

Excellent mate. Wasn’t this letter sent to one of our guys two or three weeks ago ?

It’s absolutely brilliant that she has spoken up about this but she has mentioned Police Scotland, the rancid club and the SFA. Why no mention of the SG? She should be putting as much pressure on them to do their job. Useless and Nikla have been nothing short of a fvcking disgrace in all of this.

It’s absolutely brilliant that she has spoken up about this but she has mentioned Police Scotland, the rancid club and the SFA. Why no mention of the SG? She should be putting as much pressure on them to do their job. Useless and Nikla have been nothing short of a fvcking disgrace in all of this.

If an Inquiry is achieved then the results of it will be very interesting mate ;)

An inquiry can't come soon enough. I only hope the 'right' people, are examining every last thing that that rancid club has done. Well done to every person who has pushed relentlessly for this on here. Your a credit to our great Rangers family.
I hope all at the peado dome are squirming.

Celtic Boys Club abuse: Ruth Davidson joins calls for inquiry

Excellent news!

Nice
Only 2 parties not calling for an enguiry. The 2 secessionist parties. Absolute shame on them,ignore the most hideous of crimes to try get their dream. This is the same people who have a go at Nigel farage and Donald trump about their morals,when their morals are too low to reach the gutter[/QUOTE

Let’s keep those two out of this mate eh ?
Chimps tea party before we know it !

Ruth Davidson, 'the intelligent voice of reason'. She should have been the next overall Conservative Leader and therefore, Prime Minister of the United Kingdom and Northern Ireland instead of Johnson or Hunt.
Davidson has shown that she has the courage, morality and sense of justice (where her peers fear or don't want to tread) to call for a much needed nationwide public enquiry into Celtic, the Celtic Boys Club and the Sexual Abuse and exploitation of children and young people.

I.hope at the next election Davidson stands for a safe UK, Conservative seat as a means of attaining the highest office. I am no Tory but she seems to call it as she see it.

Last edited:
Hard to believe that loyalty to a football club can force people in positions of power, especially the justice minister to be on the wrong side of justice. I mean we all love our club but if our club was in the wrong like theirs is I’m sure we’d all want this matter investigated, rights wronged and the club to say sorry.

Faced with such overwhelming evidence of wrongdoing it just doesn’t add up. They really have no shame at all.

Hard to believe that loyalty to a football club can force people in positions of power, especially the justice minister to be on the wrong side of justice. I mean we all love our club but if our club was in the wrong like theirs is I’m sure we’d all want this matter investigated, rights wronged and the club to say sorry.

Faced with such overwhelming evidence of wrongdoing it just doesn’t add up. They really have no shame at all.
Tbh I don't think it's anything to do with loyalty to a club. It's fear of losing the kafflik vote

Michael Foot said " a party without principle is a conspiracy to seize power."
Ladies and Gentlemen, I give you the Scottish National Party. If there are any Rangers supporters out there voting SNP we are doing something very wrong.

Do not let up in holding these charlatans to account. I'm actually coming round to the view that our useless Justice Minister is becoming an asset in the struggle to have the victims of these criminal acts see the perpetrators, and those who sought to bury these crimes, publicly account for their depravity.

Let the truth be told though the heavens fall.

Back