Celtic face threat of multimillion pound compensation claim(The Times)

I don't have to buy anything.

That person has been wrong in the past. I'm also in touch with one particular family and they are growing very impatient with Thompsons.

It's time for McGuire to stop barking and start biting.
He's waiting for a higher out of court settlement, If any of my rely's had been abused no amount of money out of court would suffice regardless of any advice to the contrary by McGuire that it's the best they'll get,this mob must be taken to court and make their very humble and PUBLIC apology to the victims, then it's time to go after the people who covered it up.

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/news/4494120/celtic-boys-club-child-protction-policy-claims/

The Times reports that both organisations shared a child protection policy, called Aware and Confident.

It was introduced in 1997, months after abuse allegations first appeared in the media.

However, the Times reports that it adds: “The boys’ club has a long and proud association with Celtic FC which has proved of mutual benefit.

"CBC has agreed to implement this code of practice.

“This means that staff and volunteers working with the boys’ club will be subject to the same code of ethics, vetting procedures, good practice and procedural requirements as applies to staff and volunteers of Celtic FC.”

It's reported that its goal was to eradicate the risk of abuse to boys in teams which are “legitimately using the name Celtic”.

" Thanks for writing to me with your concerns surrounding historical child abuse within Scottish football. I apologise for the delay in responding.

The reports that have emerged in recent years are extremely distressing, and while it is welcome that Jim Torbett and others have been convicted for their depraved acts, this issue clearly goes wider. Any further allegations of criminality must be swiftly investigated by the police so that further criminal proceedings can be brought where necessary.
The SFA's CHief Executive has apologised to those young people who suffered sexual abuse in Scottish football and I think he was right to do so. The Imdependant Review of Sexual Abuse in Scottish Football commissioned by the SFA found child protection policies at all levels were and still are not fit for purpose. The report has made a number of recommendations to address this, and I believe they should be implemented as soon as possible. My colleagues in the Scottish Parliament believe it is vital that they play their part in holding the SFA and other bodies to account on this.
It is clear that victims of child abuse in football have been let down and I very much hope Police Scotland and the SFA will give them the closure they need and the justice they deserve
In addition there may be a role for furthe inquiries. It is for the Scottish Government to decide whether to act in this regard and I would advise you to write to the Cabinet Secretary for Justice for further information.

On the issue of sentencing this is an area w have campaigned on consistently as a party. The SNP have so far ignored our calls for a full review of criminal sentencing to ensure it is fit for purpose .
Please be assured that the Scottish Conservatives will closely monitor developments on tjis matter over the coming weeks and months.
Thank you once again for taking the time to contact me."

Above is the reply received from my Westminster MP Colin Clark.

I wrote asking for his support in setting up an independent inquiry into child abuse within Scottish Football.
I purposely didn't mention Celtic specifically.

I will be replying regarding the Cabinet Secretary for Justice's footballing allegiance and therefore his reluctance to instigate an inquiry.
This is my reply to Westminster MP Colin Clark's letter above........

Dear Mr Clark,
Thank you for your letter of 9th July.
I was gratified to note that you share my desire to to see justice done on behalf of of the victims of sexual abuse within Scottish football.
Before this can happen, I believe that a fully independent inquiry into how these vile perpetrators were able to carry out their vile actions for so long without being uncovered by those who had a duty of care.
I will take on board your advice to contact the Scottish Government's Cabinet Secretary or Justice to this end, and should I be fortunate enough to succeed where many others have failed in gaining a response from him, I will send you a copy so that you are fully appraised of the situation.
Once again, I thank you for your support in this matter, and I am sure that I speak on behalf of the many victims when I say that any efforts that you may make on their behalf will be much appreciated.
Yours sincerely.

Email to Willie Rennie M.S.P.

To:willie.rennie.msp@parliament.scot

‎17‎ ‎Jul at ‎16‎:‎52

Dear Willie,

As Leader and prominent figurehead of Scottish Liberal Democrats i would urge you to raise the above child abuse scandal that has been ongoing at Celtic F.C. for over 4 decades, at F.M.Q's at Holyrood.

I along with numerous others have campaigned on behalf of the poor victims emailing numerous S.N.P. , M.S.P.'s without reply in most cases. When we have received any reply it has been a generic reply from a spokesperson, it is a National scandal that this abuse by a paedophile ring is being ignored and covered up.

Whether it is in your constituency or not has in my opinion, no relevance, it is a National scandal of deep rooted gargantuan proportion that requires a full Independent and transparent public enquiry in order for the victims to receive adequate compensation and apology for the lives and careers ruined by these monsters who perpetuated these abhorrent crimes.

Who at Celtic Knew about the abuse?

How long has the abuse been going on for and been covered up?

Who has willingly covered up the abuse to protect the club and the perpetrators?

Who Knew about the abuse on U.S. soil?

Who Knew about the Lawrence Haggert murder 1996?

Who are the other names on Hugh Birt's list of 14?

These are only tip of the iceberg questions, all of which require answers and will only happen pending a full public enquiry.

Anyone in a position of authority or power within the political or judicial corridors, who ignore these poor victims are now being veiwed as complicit in the cover up of this child abuse and portray that they condone this horrific behavior.

Please Willie if you possess any morals and compassion do the right thing and begin to deal with this National scandal ,if not your name can be added to the growing list of M.S.P's that chose to ignore and be there for the world to see when the time comes.

I am campaigning on behalf of a colleague whose son was abused late 1980's and have seen first hand the damage and turmoil as a consequence of these monsters actions.

Yours sincerely
R.K.

That there has yet to be any court action raised makes me wonder if there is ever going to be or if this solicitor is all talk
My biggest fear is this solicitor has shat the bed. He came out of the blocks all guns blazing but now his silence is deafening. When was the last time they made a statement?

I think the people coming forward are more interested in getting justice for themselves first a lot of families are talking to each other
Although there were many hundred of kids abused by those scum, I can imagine it's a close knit group campaigning for justice. They know who a lot of the boys are, hopefully by their encouragement they are persuading victims to come forward. The all deserve justice first, then their legitimate compensation, good luck.

Last edited:
Although there were many hundred of kids abused by those scum, I can imagine it's a close knit group campaigning for justice. They know who a lot of the boy are, hopefully by their encouragement they are persuading victims to come forward. The all deserve justice first, then their legitimate compensation, good luck.
Good post @jweebear
That’s my take on this whole sordid affair.
Justice for the victims and their families is paramount to everything else.
The monsters at that vile, toxic club will, in my opinion, be named and shamed and brought to justice when the victims have had what for them feels like some sort of justice.

Boys’ club in abuse scandal used Celtic FC child policy
Marc Horne
July 17 2019, 12:01am, The Times
methode%2Ftimes%2Fprod%2Fweb%2Fbin%2Fbad32390-a811-11e9-89e4-5e7e89de8df9.jpg

Dozens of abuse survivors are making claims against Celtic FC, which insists it is not legally responsibleJAN KRUGER/GETTY IMAGES
Celtic FC and its scandal-hit feeder club shared an identical child protection policy, undermining the Scottish Premiership outfit’s refusal to accept responsibility for systematic sexual abuse.
Four men who held senior roles with Celtic Boys Club (CBC) have been convicted of molesting dozens of children over three decades. While expressing “regret and sorrow” for the victims, Celtic FC insists that it is not legally responsible for the abuse, describing the boys’ club as an entirely separate organisation.
However, it has emerged that both organisations shared a child protection policy, entitled Aware and Confident, which was introduced in 1997, months after abuse allegations first appeared in the press.
The Times has also seen an archived copy of the CBC website on which it describes itself as…

Only one way to find out then, isn't there?

Serve the papers and let's see who blinks first.
He is hardly likely to do this before being fully prepared to satisfy those on a fans forum.

Legal processes take time, lots of it. If he is strengthening his case through the addition of others victims coming to light then it should be fully understandable that it is important not to rush matters.

I wish I had free time to enable me to help you guys out.

However, I don’t and can only say that you are doing yourselves and the victims proud in all your efforts.

I’m so proud that we have such principled and decent people in our midst. Good luck guys and keep up the outstanding work. The victims of that disgusting cess pit of a club will owe you guys a debt of gratitude when all this pressure finally breaks the cover up dam of silence

Post earlier about advertising - imagine celtic draw Young Boys in cl next (or one after) round, opportunity. “celtic v YOUNG BOY’S #celticknew” digital billboard on the expressway?

I wish I had free time to enable me to help you guys out.

However, I don’t and can only say that you are doing yourselves and the victims proud in all your efforts.

I’m so proud that we have such principled and decent people in our midst. Good luck guys and keep up the outstanding work. The victims of that disgusting cess pit of a club will owe you guys a debt of gratitude when all this pressure finally breaks the cover up dam of silence
Hear hear.

Exactly.
Best for all concerned specifics are kept off here for now. Too much great work going on to have it ruined through our own curiosity.
Exactly. Too many part time lawyers on here. Any criminal actions arising from this may already have been prejudiced and will not go ahead. What do people want on here? Really want? Criminal or civil proceedings? Or do they actually know the difference. Criminal puts an individual in the dock and civil the body corporate for damages.

Hollicom not doing it's job i see. Big slanty Pete will not be happy. 3 different papers running with this story.
It's becoming clearer by the day that Holicom didn't take on crime scene fc in a normal business capacity, what business after doing even a cursory search on them would consider it good practice to have them on the books.
There is something not adding up here, a company who seems to have a had a healthy client list, why would you risk burning your company to the ground for the sake of one account?

It's becoming clearer by the day that Holicom didn't take on crime scene fc in a normal business capacity, what business after doing even a cursory search on them would consider it good practice to have them on the books.
There is something not adding up here, a company who seems to have a had a healthy client list, why would you risk burning your company to the ground for the sake of one account?
Money or like minded

Back