Rangers Launch New Diversity & Inclusion Campaign – #EveryoneAnyone

This initiative is pointless and unnecessary though, no reasonable person needs to be told to respect others and those who do wont change because of this.

Are you having a giraffe?

I always liked this wee saying: diversity is getting invited to the party, inclusion is getting asked to dance.

Brilliant to see the club being so proactive with their messaging and bringing the whole support together as a collective unit. More of this please.

I can see this from both sides, yes it is a box ticking diversity exercise from the Club and yes minorities should be absolutely welcomed at Ibrox. If the Club was in any way serious about it they could have rebranded the Club Lottery the ‘Equality Lottery’ with 50% proceeds going to a wide variety of these groups. But they opted for ‘The Union Lottery’ because no c#nt would buy into an ‘Equality Lottery’

No they didn't.

They wen't for the Union Jackpot because its a fantastic pun.

No representative of the SNP attended

Rangers Managing Director Stewart Robertson was supported by politicians Pauline McNeill, Anas Sarwar and Frank McAveety, manager Steven Gerrard, first-team and academy players, club legends, fans, and staff to announce this hugely significant programme.

Despite significant numbers of bears that voted for them as well. Hopefully they will have taken note how they are despised by the SNP and vote differently in future.

Frank mcaveety has no interest in anything to do with building up Rangers. Its other bigoted attack on us being a loyalist proddy club by sleath.We are an obstacle in their way.Strip the staunchness out of Rangers and our unionism and its other big step to them getting Scotland they want.We are the last bastion. Are people that naive? They want us to change for their benefit not ours.

We don't want to set ourselves up as the last bastion of anything. This is about modernising the club and placing ourselves where we should be going forward. Your post describes very eloquently the "West of Scotland baggage" the club needs to be rid of.

Everyone can support Rangers if that doesn't work for you maybe you are the one in the wrong. Staunchness is not hating Catholics or catholic politicians. Time to move into the third millennium.

Spot on approach and it doesn't weaken us and our values at all. We, as a support, stand broadly for the things we have always stood for, first of all Rangers, but also respect for our Armed Forces, Loyalty to the Union (vast majority of us), and anti terrorist. None of those values stop us welcoming others into the fold.
I'm assuming this is about Rangers and the support being diverse and inclusive, part of one family, which works for me.
It doesn't mean I have to hug Sheep Hivis or the scum from the east. They are not Rangers supporters, I don't like them.

The media are also compromised. Rangers are a backward club who do nothing but sit in the dark ages. Cant use that now, can you...

I saw there was a Catholic Priest in the video. Happy that the club is highlighting we have many Catholic supporters. I know quite a few who are old friends and season ticket holders. The scum must have hated watching that

I didn't see the Priest. I saw the Rangers Chaplain mind you.

I'll watch it again incase I missed him.

Fair enough mate but it probably makes the world of difference to people from those minorities mentioned in the content.

Two of my closest pals are gay. They refuse to come to a football game with me because, rightly or wrongly, their perception is that gay people won't be be made to feel welcome at football grounds.

I know the majority of folk at Ibrox and elsewhere are like most of us here, yourself included. "Cool, live and let live." But when you're hearing shit like "Get up you fucking poof" and so on, it's not a very nice thing to hear for gay people and it's hard for them to believe those attitudes are disappearing from football - which they certainly are, but not quickly enough in my opinion.

I won't speak about the other groups because I don't have much experience with people from them, but just an example bud.

Just out of interest, why do your pals think they would be identified as gay in a football stadium? I'm not trying to be funny, but, I doubt I'd be able to spot anybody's sexual orientation at a game.

FBS

Just out of interest, why do your pals think they would be identified as gay in a football stadium? I'm not trying to be funny, but, I doubt I'd be able to spot anybody's sexual orientation at a game.

FBS

Not that they'd be identified mate, but the atmosphere/shouts would make them feel uncomfortable.

FBS

I dunno, some of the folk you see at Pride are pretty obviously "something" suppose it depends what they wear.

Every faith, race and sexual orientation yet still no gingers in that video. Cheers Rangers.
Should be public broadcast safety announcements about protecting red heads in this heat, much like the don't leave dugs in car campaigns

I think if FF is a small snapshot then we can all improve on this front, although I think a lot of maybe borderline comments are online bravado. Great to see us leading the Country with this initiative, should be Government led but divide and conquer is more their mantra

I think if FF is a small snapshot then we can all improve on this front, although I think a lot of maybe borderline comments are online bravado. Great to see us leading the Country with this initiative, should be Government led but divide and conquer is more their mantra
Or people can post what they like - within reason obviously - as this is one of the last few bastions of non PC free speech many of us have left? No? Are you suggesting we Police the forum or did I read you wrong?

Well done to the club for doing this, but to be honest, Dave King looked like he was reading that script for the first time, and wasn't overly convincing in suggesting he believed what he was saying.

it's a good idea but it's sort of pointless if you are looking for any sort of PR from it

you aren't getting any in a cesspool like this nation and I doubt any of the UK mainstream outlets will care either. Appreciate the idea as football should be for everyone but it's only going to get adulation from us, not anyone else

I know a bisexual Chinese rangers fan who will be happy to see this and it just proves that Rangers can be for anyone regardless of what the haters say!

There also might be a bit of humour.
I look forward to the day returning when you can "take the piss" out of something/someone without folk jumping on the offended bus.
And no, I don't mean bullying, there is a big difference.

Frank mcaveety has no interest in anything to do with building up Rangers. Its other bigoted attack on us being a loyalist proddy club by sleath.We are an obstacle in their way.Strip the staunchness out of Rangers and our unionism and its other big step to them getting Scotland they want.We are the last bastion. Are people that naive? They want us to change for their benefit not ours.

I think you are 100% spot on in your observations - this facile 'let's-all-feel-good-about-ourselves' - campaign, is merely the thin end of a large wedge. Note, there is no corresponding clamour urging sellick to clean up their act—which is quite astonishing given the regular, brazen, displays of bigotry on offer by large sections of their fan base.

Or people can post what they like - within reason obviously - as this is one of the last few bastions of non PC free speech many of us have left? No? Are you suggesting we Police the forum or did I read you wrong?
Was meaning more the extremist ends of the spectrum mate. Thinking more the coarse personal slurs our racial terms that are at least 50 years out of date...there very very few times you see it but it is always the minority who create the wrong headlines.

Stewart Robertson seems to think this kind of virtue-signalling negates any bad news stories related to 'sectarianism'.

It doesn't work that way in Scotland.

Why is it "virtue signalling" - do you think the Club doesn't actually believe in its message and is being superficial?

Tremendous, now it’s time to sit down with the fans groups and ask them to stop singing about the pope, the IRA, the UVF , the billy boys etc.
Let’s celebrate our history, our culture and our traditions.
Let’s sing about the Rangers along with the two traditional songs the Sash and Derry’s walls.
Long overdue, hopefully a first step.

Tremendous, now it’s time to sit down with the fans groups and ask them to stop singing about the pope, the IRA, the UVF , the billy boys etc.
Let’s celebrate our history, our culture and our traditions.
Let’s sing about the Rangers along with the two traditional songs the Sash and Derry’s walls.

Great idea and long overdue IMO.

Why is it "virtue signalling" - do you think the Club doesn't actually believe in its message and is being superficial?

The club tried to appease local politicians ( mainly SNP) over the mess fans were supposedly leaving the area in. This exercise included a video which had children in the dressing-room holding up placards with slogans like ‘dirty’ and so on. It was rewarded with a fanzone being denied by SNP councillors while Celtic had no problems with theirs. In fact, they were helped with land.

My information is that the club lagged in implementing facilities for disabled fans.

This latest effort will not change the way the club is treated in Scotland.

The club needed a proper CEO given full power.

I'm trying to buy into everyone being welcome with a shared love of Rangers being all that matters.
Religion doesn't matter.
Colour doesn't matter.
Gender doesn't matter.
Sexual preference doesn't matter (as long as it's between adults of course)
But struggling to include SNP supporters!

Back