Candeias Signs With Gençlerbirliği - Confirmed

How will Alfredo react? Don't imagine positively. Not saying we keep DC to keep Alfie sweet but could be another issue to deal with now that he's gone. Who will translate?!

I totally understand Dan's decision. He's 31 and in the last year of his contract which we won't extend. This move probably gives him a decent sign on fee plus an extra years salary.
Fair play for wanting to be more than a bit part player.
We now move on.

Last edited:
He was decent - no more than that. industrious but lacked quality, especially his crossing. Good luck to him all the same.

Was always a good squad player - shame he didn't see it that way but I won't knock anybody for wanting to play most weeks especially when he gave his all for us.

Be interested to see if we bring somebody else in as I am not sure we are well covered in that area now.

It's a real surprise he was so keen to leave just because he wasn't guaranteed starts. Seems a very hasty move on his part when he seemed to love it here.

I think privately Gerrard must have told him others are ahead of him. Either that or he doesn't back himself to nail down a starting slot.

Sorry to see him go, he was always a starter for me in any Rangers team sheet.
100% effort guaranteed plus he had real skill.
Although at times he drifted in and out of games his energy and work ethic was enough for me.
Hope his move works out well for him.

Ffs mate, show a wee bit of class.

If he'd stayed and just picked up his money for a season he'd be called a wage thief.

Why can't you just accept we've signed higher quality players in his position and thank him for his efforts?

He always gave his best for us and was a good value signing.

We're getting a few hundred grand for a 32 year old in the final year of his contract, so it's a decent deal all round.

If he stayed and showed the same determination and fighting spirit normally on display he would without doubt be a regular starter in my eyes regardless of who we have in the same position.

For the record mate I rated the wee man very highly but my point is merely he mentally obviously doesn't fancy a fight to get in the team which says it all and what's not required at this club.

Anyway he's moved on, we deal with it and do likewise. Just a shame really as the majority of his performances have merited lifting #55.

If he stayed and showed the same determination and fighting spirit normally on display he would without doubt be a regular starter in my eyes regardless of who we have in the same position.

For the record mate I rated the wee man very highly but my point is merely he mentally obviously doesn't fancy a fight to get in the team which says it all and what's not required at this club.

Anyway he's moved on, we deal with it and do likewise. Just a shame really as the majority of his performances have merited lifting #55.

When the manager signs 4 players that play the same position as you, the writing is on the wall, I guess mate.

He was shite anyway:p

Oh well - every opinion counts & each to their own etc.

I just hope we get shite with a similar work rate from our remaining players this coming season - because I doubt we're going to get many giving a work rate that exceeds DC's

Just my opinion of course

Sad to see him go and he can leave with head held high. If £1mill is true then it’s a reasonable fee.

He obviously wanted more guarantees. It’s also not necessarily about game time. More likely it’s about his future career. If Gerrard told him that he had little chance of a contract extension with us then he has to look elsewhere. What if some shatters his leg in the next game? He’s not a player who is going to get a massive sign on bonus from teams competing for his signature if he runs down his contract. He is someone who will benefit more from knowing his family are secure for 3 years. If we can’t offer that then fair enough to go to someone who can. Equally fair enough that we can’t offer it. Sounds like a mature conversation between him and Gerrard.

I’d also strongly suspect that this was discussed and known before the Europa squad was announced and explains his absence. The truth won’t have been announced as we wanted to get the best fee for him possible and Candeias will have wanted to get the best wage. No point in advertising that he wanted away. Much better to negotiate while claiming he’s still an integral part of the team.

Their scouting must have consisted of watching his back heel assist last season and two goals against Marseille on you tube.

Or, you know, figuring out a reasonable valuation for a regular first team starter with Europa league experience who has consistently performed to a reasonable standard at many clubs throughout his career and is experienced in the league you want to buy him in.

Honestly, why do we talk down our players? It’s not even like the rumoured £1mill is particularly high. He’s easily worth that!

Delighted he’s finally away.

His was the most awful surname to try and spell on here. Fuckin 3 vowels in a row.

In all honesty he came, he gave his best and he left. Can’t ask for more than that.

Good luck to Candieas and and thanks for your efforts.

He wanted to leave to play regular football. Others like Lafferty, Grezda and Co are happy to sit back getting paid a wage.

Best of luck to him, he chipped in with goals and plenty of assists. His back heel assist was a thing of beauty.

I liked him, he got to play for the Famous Glasgow Rangers and it will always be in his heart, all the best DC.

A hard worker and good servant. Get the feeling he spat the dummy a bit at being left out of the St Joseph’s squad but we move on.

All the best to him.

Always admired his work rate he gave 100%, wish he stayed for the fight but respect his desire for a first team position and ultimately freeing up wages and making us a bit in the process. Good luck Daniel Candiaes, once a ger...

Good luck to the guy - did his bit for us.

I actually fear how we defend when up against a "real" attack as Candieas covered Tav numerous times - and already you see that Jones nor Ojo are tracking back type of players.

Reckon we will see our F/B's getting lots of 2:1 scenarios to face.

All the best, Daniel.

3982_D1_C5-_F429-4_A49-_B8_BE-_BE8_F2_DE68699.gif
:p
Say it like you mean it Ffs :p

Daniel was short of being top quality but he gave it everything that his limitations allowed him to and contributed significantly for us.

A player that goes with my best wishes.

I loved Daniel Candeias, one of the forgein players who knew what it meant to us and you could tell how much he hated them when he played against them. Thanks for the memories Daniel son :cool:

5-CCB1900-4-F99-4573-8031-287552-B89-D27.png

Wish him nothing but the best, I liked him and wanted him to stay but moving forward his game time would have been limited.

All the best.

All the best to him. Can't criticize his effort, but as we improve, we need all positions upgraded. I don't think he was going to get a lot of playing time, so glad he's found a destination.

Thanks for the hard work Daniel.

How the mighty (in his mind) have fallen, take a look at the ET and a certain Ar****** has appeared under Readers Comments, about Daniel Candeias, a certain JJ. Guess his mugs have given up funding his Rat Infested Blog?

I think the fact he's moved so quickly says a lot.

As much as I liked him - and I did/do - he's been asked to step it up and give more. He's been told his place isn't guaranteed but is there to be fought for.

And he's moved.

And we move on.

Really harsh. He hasn’t just been asked to step it up; the manager has signed 4 players in his position and wants another, as well as leaving him out of the Euro squad whilst making it clear he doesn’t really rate him.

It would be a task to ever play in Europe for us again, never mind regularly - especially whilst in the last year of his deal.

Back