Candeias Signs With Gençlerbirliği - Confirmed

All the best DC kind of sorry to see him go but he wasnt going to get much game time so perhaps best all round.

Best of luck to him. Some good memories of his performances in Europe.

Overall a decent signing but we can now look to move on a level and if the fee is even half that suggested then the club has done well.

Sad to see him go. He was a good servant.

I think this is a good move by Stevie in the dressing room, though. It sends a clear statement about how he expects players to deal with rotation/competition for places and where they can go if they aren't on board.

I think DC realised he could be playing 15 games in his last year of his contract, at 31, and decided he should take a well paying deal elsewhere before it was off the table. The right choice for him and at the end of all this I think it shows that Gerrard will be direct and honest with his players.

I know some are happy to see him go, but I feel a bit sad, he wasn’t the best, but he has done some good things at our club, I wish him well in the future and he will always be welcome at Ibrox

Wish Daniel every success in his new adventure he now joins a long list of ex players who know what it is to be part of a famous family

Scored a great goal v the Dhims that most will never remember in years to come.
Thanks for all your efforts and all the best in Turkey.

One of my favourites from the current eras to be honest. I'll miss him, even if I'm glad we're stepping up in player quality.

Good to see mostly positive comments hate it when a player leaves and gets nothing but abuse.
Players get abuse if fans think theyve ever phoned it in or went missing during games. Windass, for example. Top scorer and was chased out the door because fans didnt think he gave enough during games.

Theres a few things you can say about Candeias as a player but you cant say he didnt give 100%.

A very good signing for the money, always gave 100% and that's something our support always respects in a player. He would always get a great welcome back.

Footballing wise despite all of the above it's the type of decision SG has to make and for me it's the right one.

20190722_2_37456702_46277193-1200x615.jpg

MURAT CAVCAV AND DANIEL CANDEIAS SPEAK AT THE SIGNING CEREMONY
Our club recruited Daniel Candeias from the Rangers of Scotland.

31 year old wing player Candeias at the signing ceremony held at Beştepe İlhan Cavcav Facilities signed a 2-year contract.

Speaking at the ceremony, our President Murat Cavcav, Daniel Candeias’in joining the team said that they are happy, ortada Career in the middle, a good player. We signed a two-year deal. I hope it will be beneficial for both sides. ”

The Candeias said he was happy since it will play football for the second time in Turkey.

In his career, Porto, Benfica also played for important teams such as the Portuguese football player Rangers last season, scored 5 goals in 28 league matches. Candeias, UEFA Europa League last season 7 qualifiers, group stage 5 played in the match.

No stranger to Turkey Portuguese footballer in the Premier League in the 2016-2017 season Alanyaspor uniform while on duty in 29 matches, four times experienced the joy of goals.

Put a nice fairwell on his instagram, another example of a foreigner arriving to play for us and instantly gets it.

Good luck to him and his family
I think in his first Derby it caught him by surprise I'm sure Tierney halfed him at one stage but after that the next game at the shit hut he gave him plenty back that was when you knew he understood what it was all about his contribution I think is underrated and will no doubt be a bigger miss than many think

RANGERS will bank £250,000 from Daniel Candeias' switch to Turkey.

SunSport told earlier today how the winger made the switch to Genclerbirligi on a two-year deal.

How do you know we don’t have better? can’t judge Stewart and Ojo just yet as we have only played two competitive games.

Haven't you just answered your own question?
We knew what we had with Candeias, Stewart and Ojo are currently untried / untested in a Rangers shirt.

As for the fee received, other Clubs must love dealing with us, we always seem to sell for the most derisory sums offered, especially in comparison to the inflated valuations that mhob have of thier players.

Haven't you just answered your own question?
We knew what we had with Candeias, Stewart and Ojo are currently untried / untested in a Rangers shirt.

As for the fee received, other Clubs must love dealing with us, we always seem to sell for the most derisory sums offered, especially in comparison to the inflated valuations that mhob have of thier players.
The post I replied to has basically written off our new wide players without actually giving them a chance saying they aren’t better than candeias.

I reckon we'll miss Candeias this upcoming season. His experience in playing in games against that lot can't be underestimated.

All the best Daniel. One of my favourite players the last couple of years. His workrate was what you´d expect from a pro.

Tell you one thing that’s the first time in a while I’ve felt a hint of sadness when a player hasn’t left.

Can’t say I’ve missed the feeling but an indication that we’re developing a good squad when a player you like is leaving.

One of the good things Pedro done for us, Candeias was at an awkward point of his career where it’s likely he was told he wouldn’t be first pick. He can’t sit on the bench as he may struggle to get another contract at 32 and certainly not one on terms in his favour.

Gave 110% and I wish him all the best.

Back