SD v RFC Judgement

They have said what they can legally. Damned it they do, damned if they dont.

Exactly. There's another number of cases due over the coming years including the appealing of this case.

The Club will have to be careful what they can say as they won't want to jeopardize any future litigation.

They have said what they can legally. Damned it they do, damned if they dont.
We can read the inconsistencies in even these short paragraphs. Let’s be clear they are damned because they have totally screwed up. We deserve to be angry with our board. They serve us, not the other way about.

Having read the judgement now and the clubs “ statement “ tonight , I won’t be spending another penny on merchandise until SDI are out of the picture completely . I don’t care how long it takes .

I’d spend roughly £200 a year on kit which will now go to Union Jackpot halftime draws , ensuring the club don’t lose out .

But there is absolutely nothing there said by the club to reassure fans our money isn’t going into fat mikes hipper . For that reason I’m out until that changes . Could be a long wait .

Exactly. There's another number of cases due over the coming years including the appealing of this case.

The Club will have to be careful what they can say as they won't want to jeopardize any future litigation.
What are we appealing if we agree with the judge as per our statement in paragraph two? Just one example of making it even more confusing.

Every fantastic idea that someone comes up with regarding someone offering a deal that SD simply won't match is predicated on the idea that someone is willing to make the offer. The question is, if the deal is so bad for them then why would they do it.

The answer is normally along the lines of "We would give them a much better deal the next year to make up for it"

I think the notion of SD and their lawyers just sitting by while that happens and doing nothing about it is a bit naive. Getting someone to take them on in a Court, in this scenario is going to be extremely difficult.

Yeah, it’s difficult.

I think it has to be something that the third party knows will work for them but Ashley knows won’t work for him. We can’t give a hidden sweetener- that doesn’t work.

I think a large upfront payment in exchange for a large share of the sale proceeds might work.

Ashley has to pay a lot upfront but knows he gets %^*& all from the sales, whereas the third party knows they’ll make a decent amount from the sales so are prepared to pay the larger sum up front.

We’d have to get someone on board on that basis though, which is probably easier said than done.

Yeah, it’s difficult.

I think it has to be something that the third party knows will work for them but Ashley knows won’t work for him. We can’t give a hidden sweetener- that doesn’t work.

I think a large upfront payment in exchange for a large share of the sale proceeds might work.

Ashley has to pay a lot upfront but knows he gets %^*& all from the sales, whereas the third party knows they’ll make a decent amount from the sales so are prepared to pay the larger sum up front.

We’d have to get someone on board on that basis though, which is probably easier said than done.

What was the deal we had with JD or was it JJB , whereby we got all the money up front and then all the sales regardless of how many went to JJB ? It was actually a great deal thinking back . If someone offered similar Ashley would be screwed .

Yeah, it’s difficult.

I can’t see anyone other than Elite/Hummel going near us for years now. I think we have to hope that we’ve built up a decent enough relationship that they want to bid again. That may well depend on how the legal shit concludes though.

Yeah, it’s difficult.

I think that is an excellent idea. Weight it as heavily up front as possible and the outcome for SD would be considerably different than for pretty much anyone else. Even based on an identical deal.

Finding the proper partner would be the issue but it's the best idea I have seen so far, by some distance.

Having read the judgement now and the clubs “ statement “ tonight , I won’t be spending another penny on merchandise until SDI are out of the picture completely . I don’t care how long it takes .

I’d spend roughly £200 a year on kit which will now go to Union Jackpot halftime draws , ensuring the club don’t lose out .

But there is absolutely nothing there said by the club to reassure fans our money isn’t going into fat mikes hipper . For that reason I’m out until that changes . Could be a long wait .
This is the second thread in which you’ve said you won’t be buying club merchandise. You trying to discourage others from going against the clubs wishes??

You’d have to think that if we had applied for leave to appeal then the Club would have said so in that statement.
Exactly, yet many think an appeal is happening. Say nothing , if you’ve zero to say. I’m being a total moan re this but my blood is boiling. We all boycotted and drove the fat man back to the table only for us to sign an abomination of a contract. It’s hard enough getting it from all sides when we are just as able to do it ourselves. Worse still we were told he was gone and we have spunked even more money lining his pockets . Worse still this statement let’s us continue to buy while it still might go to him. Insult to injury. We have been badly let down.

This is the second thread in which you’ve said you won’t be buying club merchandise. You trying to discourage others from going against the clubs wishes??

I clearly stated each person can use their own conscience , and I’d spend the money on rising stars instead .

You trying to discourage me from putting my money into the club??

And to answer your question yes I would discourage people from going against the clubs wishes , as we are a collective . Wouldn’t you ?

In this situation I won’t buy more kit but the club won’t lose out and I can be assured SDI get Fck all .

Last edited:
He’s bloody right! What’s the guarantee that it won’t go to SD. The clubs wishes? I wouldn’t trust them on this as far as I could throw them.

Yeah, it’s difficult.

Well Hummel and Elite now have a taste of the possibilities and a chance to crunch some numbers, perhaps they might be tempted.

We can read the inconsistencies in even these short paragraphs. Let’s be clear they are damned because they have totally screwed up. We deserve to be angry with our board. They serve us, not the other way about.
I didnt say anything contrary to what you've said, all I've said is they are limited in what they can say publicly.

Just to put this in perspective for some folk who seem to be losing their shit over this thinking the end is nigh, we’ve probably took more of a hit on Carlos Pena in fee and wages than we will do here.

And there will be a long drawn out legal process before anything is decided.

He’s bloody right! What’s the guarantee that it won’t go to SD. The clubs wishes? I wouldn’t trust them on this as far as I could throw them.

Any money spent right now on this seasons merchandise will almost certainly not end up at SD. The Rangers statement didn't say much but it certainly was issued to allay fans fears about this season's merchandising.

I’ll do both. You’re trying to mix it best you can

Your not making any sense .

Until it’s clear that no money goes to SDI , I’ll use other avenues to ensure the money goes into the club.

Until then , I won’t buy any more merchandise, as is my right . I’m not telling or asking others to do the same - it’s our own choice. You don’t get to tell me either BTW.

If you have a problem with that , tough .

Your not making any sense .

Until it’s clear that no money goes to SDI , I’ll use other avenues to ensure the money goes into the club.

Until then , I won’t buy any more merchandise, as is my right . I’m not telling or asking others to do the same - it’s our own choice. You don’t get to tell me either BTW.

If you have a problem with that , tough .
I have a problem with cunts like you trying to mix it

Just to put this in perspective for some folk who seem to be losing their shit over this thinking the end is nigh, we’ve probably took more of a hit on Carlos Pena in fee and wages than we will do here.

That does put it into perspective

However it also provides more evidence of expensive cock ups in the last 2 years. Pedro's reign cost us 10m minimum.

Are there actual Rangers fans thinking this ? i have seen a few panic merchants but surely they are not believing the doomsday stories ?

Jesus !

Think Rangers statement more or less clarifies they are not worried in the slightest by this - happy enough to pay the damages as I’d imagine it was always being accounted for given it couldnt rise above 1 million anyway.

Make no mistake this whole situation is a b*stard. 3 million to get rid of him, another million here plus maybe a few hundred grand legal costs all in most likely. Would we have made approx 5 million profit from the retail anyway had we went with the fat man? Probably. So it’s a fair argument that we could’ve probably just went with him initially.

He is toxic though and this is going to be a long game. If we can still compete on the pitch which I believe we definitely will this season then it’s worth it.

Said earlier we won't be back in any deal with SD and we we won't be boycotting anything. We may well have to write them a tidy cheque but it will be worth it to have him gone from our retail once and for all.

Rangers was disappointed by the terms of the recent court Judgment but respects the decision of the court and will meet any financial award made by the court.

The club clearly say they will meet the financial requirements that the courts impose. Also away and third kits to be available. Some folk on twitter saying away shirt could be available as early as Friday.

Said earlier we won't be back in any deal with SD and we we won't be boycotting anything. We may well have to write them a tidy cheque but it will be worth it to have him gone from our retail once and for all.

The club clearly say they will meet the financial requirements that the courts impose. Also away and third kits to be available. Some folk on twitter saying away shirt could be available as early as Friday.

Agree that this will be the outcome and the sooner the better . It seems it will be some time off yet though with a few legal challenges still to be ironed out .

People need to realise this is manageable , it may be a major pain in the backside and will cost a bit , but it will be a manageable amount . Too many willing to believe the daily records “ many millions” garbage .

Although no compensation seems to have been discussed (per the clubs statement) I suspect any Judge in this case has essentially open a can of worms because you will never get a true measure of what Cashley would potentially be due as compensation as we have taken to Hummel and Elite in a way we would never have supported Sports Direct.

Sports Direct are in no position to claim how successful Elite has been as an indication of their loss of earnings because if they were able to match Elite’s offer no one would realistically buy more off them anyway.

I had every home top since I was 8 years old and I am now firmly middle aged but stopped a few years ago when it was clear how badly Sports Direct are ripping us off. I went several years without the home top until last year.

I don’t know what the solution is but would be good if we as fans as a collective who spend money on club merchandise and refuse to support any of Cashley’s stores could do something to quantify this to ensure any compensation is reflective of the fact that if Sports Direct had been allowed to match then it would have been a waste of their time as we would have boycotted.

I have to challenge. There is NO route in the judgement to write a tidy cheque to get rid of him. The contract allows renewal in perpetuity on matches terms. You are just making things up.

A lot of absolutely nothing in that. So I’m sorry I’m not reassured. Are we appealing as it runs contrary to paragraph two , unless we are appealing points , rather than the whole judgement. What it does say is we have no idea how much SD want and given we are facing a million for a memorial garden, let’s say it fills me with zero confidence. They would have as well as said nothing as it clears up nothing. Hopeless.
Don't buy a kit then! Seemingly Wouldn't have made a difference to you whether the club made a statement or didnt

King managed to oust Ashley and his cronies from control of Rangers, he did it by out maneuvering him buying shares from people Ashley thought were allies. None of this is about money for Ashley he's doing it through spite.

If he hadn't done that every part of Rangers would still be under Ashleys control, not just retail.
No mate. Ashley still has what he wanted. Rangers by the balls. Dave King has clearly and sadly not ousted him at all

Agree that this will be the outcome and the sooner the better . It seems it will be some time off yet though with a few legal challenges still to be ironed out .

People need to realise this is manageable , it may be a major pain in the backside and will cost a bit , but it will be a manageable amount . Too many willing to believe the daily records “ many millions” garbage .

How can you say that you agree with the previous statement yet you are going to boycott the new merchandise???

Again the assumptions in this are staggering. This assumes it isn’t personal for Ashley ( it clearly is) and that he gives a toss for a settlement. He continues to drain Newcastle and I see zero reason why he will walk away from this without a court order.

Ay, but how much longer will we be protected by European law for? 31st October?

I don’t know . I’d imagine the contract was signed while under European law which could be what counts .

I do have confidence we will get there with this eventually , it’s just going to require patience and time . SDI are pure poison , nobody should even consider using them or any of Ashley’s companies .

Yeah, it’s difficult.

I suggested this yesterday ( post 363) as a way round this impasse, which would benefit us financially but leave SDR with nothing.
Said it sounded "too simple" but maybe not.
Elite/Hummel must surely see the possible financial rewards that would await them.

How can you say that you agree with the previous statement yet you are going to boycott the new merchandise???

I said I won’t be buying any more merchandise until I am certain SDI don’t get a penny of it . That’s my personal choice . I’m not asking anyone else to do anything.

As far as I see that’s not currently the case and therefore I’ll put my money in through another avenue other than merchandise to ensure the club don’t lose out .

Is that so difficult to grasp ? I do not trust Ashley or SDI one bit and having already spent a fair bit on kit for the kids I’ll now draw a line there until it’s all sorted for certain . I hope that’s okay with you ?

Back