Ojo taking one touch too many

greggakd

Was I the only one thinking this a number of times tonight? He seemed to do such good work getting into the positions he was in, then take another touch rather than pass or put the laces through it

He did it once tonight that I remember, played the ball too late to Aribo late in the second half out left.

Other than that no, certainly nothing deserving of a thread.

In the last 20 or so minutes he was out best player.

There is absolutely no point in singling out players from that match, it was a stinking performance all over tonight bar a few individuals.

Ojo should have had a few assists tonight if we're honest.
What players didn't get pass marks in your opinion?

What players didn't get pass marks in your opinion?

You'd be better asking me what players did.

Jack, Aribo and Ojo towards the end of the match were the only players who got pass marks for me.

You happy with the performance?

His last 15 was superb, looked better off the right.

He’ll go by players for fun, better at that than Kent was, but his release of the ball will be worked on.

Thought Ojo was superb tonight. Booted up and down the park but continued to be our only creative player right until the death .

Some others could take a look at themselves though .

He is talented but still raw, needs to improve his decision making and lookup more but I guess that is why he is up here.

Was I the only one thinking this a number of times tonight? He seemed to do such good work getting into the positions he was in, then take another touch rather than pass or put the laces through it

In his defence I'm not sure he really trusted the roll on the pitch. There was a whole lot of one extra touch to control it going on across the team.

I like him, he can be a bit greedy at times, but he’s direct and will get goals and assists. When he was on the right, driving into the box at the end he showed how dangerous he can be.

Let me just say, I’m not trying to slate the guy, I agree he was probably our best and most creative player

Does anyone remember Kent at the start of his period with us? Obviously not, give the boy a chance

If anyone is comparing the two similar to the OP we were having discussions that we should be playing Middleton instead of Kent at this same period last year.

Ojo looks a good player on my viewing.

Kent only came alive in the 2nd half of the season.

Yes, he does but that's what raw, immature players do. They think touching the ball constantly means they are playing better, but it doesn't. I remember Kent at this point last year...barely looked like he had the ball under control at times (and he's older).

He'll have to learn, and learn quick, but he'll open doors for us in team's defences, there is no doubt about that.

If you don't mind me asking, what is it based on?

Not at all.

Been to 5 out of the 6 games at Ibrox and watched the other on rtv plus the game in gibraltar.

Will watch tonights game tomorrow.

How did he do tonight?

You tell us mate, you've got a great track record for calling things.
Better than calling nothing and just taking shots at people.

We won shit all last season and we have taken Kent and Candeias out the starting eleven, a team that failed to score far too often and couldn’t break down stubborn teams and haven’t upgraded on them.

It’s a worry for me but hey, you just keep taking shots at people on a football forum.

Find it difficult to criticise the guy tonight was the only one driving the Team forward, creation at the end was superb, his feet won us about 6 free kicks and got us up the park. His shot first half was very good out of nothing. Of course he can be better.

Not at all.

Been to 5 out of the 6 games at Ibrox and watched the other on rtv plus the game in gibraltar.

Will watch tonights game tomorrow.

How did he do tonight?

We played a game that was over before it started, it was a grind.
Watch the op on this thread for comments that matter, the gaffer is more qualified than me to comment.
https://www.followfollow.com/forum/threads/gerrard-reaction.83783/

I never asked what games you've been to, I basically asked you why it's not a knee jerk reaction that you're not convinced.
If you care to answer that I'd appreciate it.

Better than calling nothing and just taking shots at people.

We won shit all last season and we have taken Kent and Candeias out the starting eleven, a team that failed to score far too often and couldn’t break down stubborn teams and haven’t upgraded on them.

It’s a worry for me but hey, you just keep taking shots at people on a football forum.

You keep taking shots at players on a football forum, fairs fair surely?

I thought he was decent tonight. Looking forward to seeing him on Sunday.

Last edited:
Yeah I thought this at times tonight. Still young and I'm sure it's just a minor weakness he will learn to stop.

In the last 20 or so minutes he was our best player.

There is absolutely no point in singling out players from that match, it was a stinking performance all over tonight bar a few individuals.

Ojo should have had a few assists tonight if we're honest.

Spot on, the job is done.

We won't see any player, playing a blinder week in, week out.

Dramatics are already starting, before we even see the league start.

We played a game that was over before it started, it was a grind.
Watch the op on this thread for comments that matter, the gaffer is more qualified than me to comment.
https://www.followfollow.com/forum/threads/gerrard-reaction.83783/

I never asked what games you've been to, I basically asked you why it's not a knee jerk reaction that you're not convinced.
If you care to answer that I'd appreciate it.

Okaaaaay.

In the 7 games and 101/2 hours of football i have watched us play so far my opinion of ojo thus far is.

Positives.

Quick and good acceleration.
Has scored a couple of goals.
Obviously talented.

Negatives.

Takes 4 or 5 touches when 1 or 2 would suffice, both when shooting and when releasing a pass.
Rather than turning into space or running into space he often turns into opposition players or runs into blind alleys and crowded areas.
Often tried to cut inside which opposition players seem to/ will wise up to in our league.
Takes wrong option and passes when should shoot and vice versa.

Missed the game tonight hence my ‘not a knee jerk reaction’ comment.

Ojo along with arfield are out first choice attacking narrow wide players with kent now not coming back and i have concerns that we have a poorer first choice front 3 this year in Comparison to last year when we won nothing.

The guy is brave could have played easy balls but no was still driving in to the defence at the end couple of times he could have released the ball earlier but I blame the surface didn't look the best and according to SG the ball was over inflated said so in his post match

He's been good so far but yea probably agree he's got a habit of taking that extra touch. Couple of times tonight I wish he'd just hit it. Still young and got high hopes, started way better than Kent did at this point last season and look how that turned out.

Okaaaaay.

In the 7 games and 101/2 hours of football i have watched us play so far my opinion of ojo thus far is.

Positives.

Quick and good acceleration.
Has scored a couple of goals.
Obviously talented.

Negatives.

Takes 4 or 5 touches when 1 or 2 would suffice, both when shooting and when releasing a pass.
Rather than turning into space or running into space he often turns into opposition players or runs into blind alleys and crowded areas.
Often tried to cut inside which opposition players seem to/ will wise up to in our league.
Takes wrong option and passes when should shoot and vice versa.

Missed the game tonight hence my ‘not a knee jerk reaction’ comment.

Ojo along with arfield are out first choice attacking narrow wide players with kent now not coming back and i have concerns that we have a poorer first choice front 3 this year in Comparison to last year when we won nothing.

You should share your views with manager, he's clearly missing the blindingly obvious that you point out.

You should share your views with manager, he's clearly missing the blindingly obvious that you point out.

Its only my opinion, like @rseholes everybody has one.

Had my doubts about ejaria last season when folk were raving.

As ive said in another thread out management team have forgotten more about football than i will ever know so if they are content to go with what we have then i trust them.

I suspect they wont be.

Back