Rangers Statement - no candidate for the manager's job has yet been interviewed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oh dear nothing you mentioned that lot for a comparison and there is none yes our board have made mistakes and put their hand in their pockets to make that mistake and then rectify them.

Are they there to be shot at with criticism yes but to be compared to that mob no mate a step too far and to use your words "oh dear"

I read it as one of two things,

1. Rangers are not going to pay the compensation asked.
2. They are trying to pressure Aberdeen to reduce it or they will walk away.

I do not fancy the alternatives, so I am worried.

nonsense.if we(the club) reckoned mcinnes was our man they'd have him by now. the club statement makes it clear they have'nt even shortlisted it .compensation is'nt an issue yet. and f they do decide on mcinnes whats wrong with trying to secure a decent compo deal? all clubs do. don't see this as being an issue atm.

Again nonsense, absolute nonsense.

If it was not for these men, you might not be on this board talking about our club right now, never under estimate that.

This is only a couple of steps away from Murray-era 'don't be ungrateful' defence.

Yes, the best way to think about something is not to think about it. You're right.

If the Easedales and co. had taken nearly 3 weeks after sacking a manager to then announce they hadn't got round to speaking round anyone yet, the support would, quite rightly, be in uproar.

The board are getting a free pass because of who they are and what they've done in the past. But they seriously messed up with the Caixinha appointment and are giving the impression of not having a clue just now either.

It really isn't good enough.
They have said they will take their time to get the right man. They also confirmed they expected applicants and would approach other candidates themselves.
Mark Allen has been leading the recruitment process. Details of where the process is up to were given in yesterday's statement.
The time taken to complete the process is frustrating. However, in mitigation getting the right manager is way better than getting a quick appointment.
I disagree with your opinion the board give the impression of not having a clue. The board, in my view, are carefully working towards an appointment that is the absolute best option for Rangers under present constraints.

You, of course, could be correct about the McInnes issue, and to be honest I'm pleased they haven't rushed into making that appointment.
OK, I'm not Robertson's biggest fan but we could have planned a succession program, however forward planning has to be flexible due to market changes.
I'm not having a go at you mate, just offering an alternative view ;)

I’m guessing here, but I suspect Allen doesn’t really fancy McInnes (McLaren was rumoured to be his choice) and is possibly trying to establish some authority by having the board take longer to decide.

Because when you think about it, how would he feel if, first time he’s tasked with finding a new manager / head coach for the club, the board ignore his proposals and simply say, “Nah! We’re going for this guy.”

As I say, pure speculation on my part, but I’m convinced the time it’s taking isn’t part of the original plan.

Oh dear nothing you mentioned that lot for a comparison and there is none yes our board have made mistakes and put their hand in their pockets to make that mistake and then rectify them.

Are they there to be shot at with criticism yes but to be compared to that mob no mate a step too far and to use your words "oh dear"

You're right. It was wrong of me to think. We should be grateful for what we get.

I agree with the comments about Robertson & Park not having the experience/qualifications to appoint the manager, but surely the same can be said of Mark Allen. I am struggling to grasp why so many people have so much faith in him to make the right call - where is his track record in appointing managers?

Where does all of that leave us? Time will tell, but gubbed, I reckon...

Nonsense, absolute nonsense.

I actually like the fact that they are not bowing to any pressure and rushing things.

We have a DofF who is hopefully looking out for the right person before we go public with anything.

I'm a firm believer we sacked PC (and PLG for that matter) far too early so hopefully we are looking far and wide to get the right person in place who is going to be given the right time and support to take us forward.
You well be a firm believer, but in most people's eyes both were justifiably sacked , the thread is about a new manager not your now historic belief.

Some remarkable replies on here - and I suspect the angst is from people who don’t make senior level hires in their own businesses. If we took more time last time then we wouldn’t have got Pedro so why is there a problem that they are taking time now? They have set up a process, have sifted through the applicants and are getting a shortlist together for interviews. That’s how it happens in the real world for appointing ceo’s cfo’s and a manager is no different. A knee jerk hire got us Pedro - I’m happy to wait and get the right guy and last time I looked we weren’t losing games - why all the panic???

I'll never doubt their good intentions but their decision making since the EGM when they took charge has proven to be mostly pretty poor.

There have been far too many blunders for me to think this delay is all part of a cunning plan.
What blunders? The decision making and progress since the EGM has exceeded expectations. Who would have thought Ashley could be dealt with so decisively. At the end of this season the Sports Direct contract ends and Ashley's shares are sold. All other onerous contracts are normalised or terminated. These are foundations for future success.
Major progress on the football side is being achieved too. It seems to me people close their eyes to pretty substantial successes because they are determined to hold onto a negative outlook.

You well be a firm believer, but in most people's eyes both were justifiably sacked , the thread is about a new manager not your now historic belief.
The thread is actually about the board taking their time which compared to the sacking of PC I am pleased about.

What blunders? The decision making and progress since the EGM has exceeded expectations. Who would have thought Ashley could be dealt with so decisively. At the end of this season the Sports Direct contract ends and Ashley's shares are sold. All other onerous contracts are normalised or terminated. These are foundations for future success.
Major progress on the football side is being achieved too. It seems to me people close their eyes to pretty substantial successes because they are determined to hold onto a negative outlook.

The Warburton appointment.
Their lack of action post Hibs cup final.
Their lack of action post hate fest at the piggery.
Their lack of decisiveness in dismissing Warburton.
The lack of a campaign to get special resolutions passed at 2016 AGM
Taking 6 weeks, yes 6 weeks, to come up with Pedro.
Appointing the DOF after Pedro.
Persisting with Pedro post Progres
The lack of any sort of marketing campaign upon the resolution of the retail deal.
Continuing to employ James Traynor.

I’m guessing here, but I suspect Allen doesn’t really fancy McInnes (McLaren was rumoured to be his choice) and is possibly trying to establish some authority by having the board take longer to decide.

Because when you think about it, how would he feel if, first time he’s tasked with finding a new manager / head coach for the club, the board ignore his proposals and simply say, “Nah! We’re going for this guy.”

As I say, pure speculation on my part, but I’m convinced the time it’s taking isn’t part of the original plan.

It's a fair point when you think about it. Why go to the bother of employing a director of football, then deny him his say on who the coach should be ?

It seems utterly pointless . Like it or not, someone like mclaren , who is a renowned coach but a pretty poor manager, might be ideal for the role we need. And I say that as someone who cringed at mclarens fake Dutch accent.

I'm not saying the DOF was the way I wanted to go , but now that we have, let's go with it. I don't see any other choice , otherwise Allen is a pointless and expensive appointment. He's done a lot of work already behind the scenes it would be folly to disregard his opinion- especially given our boards recent track record appointing managers .

Some remarkable replies on here - and I suspect the angst is from people who don’t make senior level hires in their own businesses. If we took more time last time then we wouldn’t have got Pedro so why is there a problem that they are taking time now? They have set up a process, have sifted through the applicants and are getting a shortlist together for interviews. That’s how it happens in the real world for appointing ceo’s cfo’s and a manager is no different. A knee jerk hire got us Pedro - I’m happy to wait and get the right guy and last time I looked we weren’t losing games - why all the panic???

You me and the majority of the support feel the same way i wager.

Just let the usual suspects indulge in their number one hobby: slagging the board.

End of the day it makes %^*& all difference to anything.

Leave them to it.

The lack of any sort of marketing campaign upon the resolution of the retail deal.

Taking 6 weeks to come up with Pedro is pretty frightening lets be honest.

The thread is actually about the board taking their time which compared to the sacking of PC I am pleased about.
Taking their time to appoint a new manager (you managed to miss the new manager bit out ) you really only want to point out that PLG & PC were in your opinion sacked too early, that's fine it is your opinion and you are entitled to it, all I am pointing out is that this is not the thread to discuss wheather or not the manager was sacked too quickly, a new manager is a priority for us, old managers don't matter at this point.

Have to say its revisionism saying the Warburton appointment was a blunder or a mistake, he was wanted almost universally after the job he'd done at Brentford, and his 1st season was a success.

You've got to get facts right when making criticisms. Mark Warburton resigned. There's also no context or substance to your one liners. Nothing can be taken seriously.

The Warburton appointment made sense and was a pleasant surprise at the time. The rest of it is fair comment.

I think you could be right. When we were looking for a DoF Robertson said that part of his remit would be to research possible head coaches as we couldn't go into crisis mode anytime a manger left/was sacked. If the first time the occasion arises for him to act the board ignore him I would expect Allen to pack his bags and head home. However, the apparent slow progress suggests something has changed our approach to this.

All bar a very few actually know what is going on.
No statements from Ibrox containing enlightenment.
As usual we get rumours and some pathetic mud slinging amongst our own.

Fact is we are in no rush to get a manager.
We could still do second with Mr Musty.
Best take the time and get it right as we want 55 next year

I think too many are confusing a badly managed PR department and the role of our board of directors. We would not have such a long thread if the original meaningless and rather embarrassing press release had not been issued.

It's a fair point when you think about it. Why go to the bother of employing a director of football, then deny him his say on who the coach should be ?

It seems utterly pointless . Like it or not, someone like mclaren , who is a renowned coach but a pretty poor manager, might be ideal for the role we need. And I say that as someone who cringed at mclarens fake Dutch accent.

I'm not saying the DOF was the way I wanted to go , but now that we have, let's go with it. I don't see any other choice , otherwise Allen is a pointless and expensive appointment. He's done a lot of work already behind the scenes it would be folly to disregard his opinion- especially given our boards recent track record appointing managers .

Let’s say that Allen tells the board he thinks McLaren is a good fit for us and the board say they prefer McInnes.

If Allen says, “Fair enough, whatever you guys think”, he ain't doing his job.

Maybe we spoke with McInnes’s agent who says his client has reservations about working with a DoF and Allen’s thinking, “What’s the point in me being here then?”

Again, I’m probably being over dramatic, but it’s definetly a possibility.

And if that is the case, I do see that we need to ensure we have the best fit possible for the structure that’s now in place, but again, I’m really not getting the feeling this is all part of a well thought out plan.

All bar a very few actually know what is going on.
No statements from Ibrox containing enlightenment.
As usual we get rumours and some pathetic mud slinging amongst our own.

Fact is we are in no rush to get a manager.
We could still do second with Mr Musty.
Best take the time and get it right as we want 55 next year
This is the type of post that really gives me the fear, the fact is strange as it may seem we could still win this league, but to have any chance whatsoever we simply must get a new manager in place ASAP, it is absolutely imperative, we have Hamilton and Dundee in the coming weeks, but after that we have a really difficult run of games, a new manager has to be in place before December, anything else would be totally unacceptable IMHO.

But Pedro wasn’t knee jerk, so your thought process is flawed.

They’ve failed to plan properly for a scenario and are now looking a bit daft on awaiting for people to apply.

CEO’s and the likes are poached - they don’t apply.

Don't get worked up.
If a poet acted as bad as taki we'd laugh at the thick 19th Century Terrorist fuck....

Let’s say that Allen tells the board he thinks McLaren is a good fit for us and the board say they prefer McInnes.

If Allen says, “Fair enough, whatever you guys think”, he ain't doing his job.

Maybe we spoke with McInnes’s agent who says his client has reservations about working with a DoF and Allen’s thinking, “What’s the point in me being here then?”

Again, I’m probably being over dramatic, but it’s definetly a possibility.

And if that is the case, I do see that we need to ensure we have the best fit possible for the structure that’s now in place, but again, I’m really not getting the feeling this is all part of a well thought out plan.
Is it as black and white as that? Really?
They will both have pros and cons as will any other potential manager.

If Allen thinks it's 55/45 in favour of mcClaren then he'll have to accept others opinion and is doing his job just fine.

If on the other hand he thinks Mcclaren is superior in every area. Then and only then is your point valid.

I doubt very much however that Allen is running about screaming McInnes is a Donkey and McClaren single handedgy won Man United everything they ever won.

Six weeks to appoint the last manager and look how that turned out. There was no knee-jerk reaction there.

Mark Allen was appointed DoF back in June, he took up his post on 3rd August. Is part of his remit not to identify both future players and management?

We were binned out of Europe before Allen was in his role, the start under Pedro Caixinha was shaky, surely we started putting together a list of potential managers back then?

You can see this rumbling on for a few more weeks and sadly I have no faith in them making a positive appointment.

I'll never doubt their good intentions but their decision making since the EGM when they took charge has proven to be mostly pretty poor.

There have been far too many blunders for me to think this delay is all part of a cunning plan.
Always makes me cringe.
Not the way you’d have done it, eh?

Admin can't be far off sending another thread into lock-down I would have thought.

Been away for a few weeks with no access.

Still disappointed Pedro was punted, whilst accepting the situation that he was punted..........to do so with what seems no plan is irresponsible at best from the board.

Whoever comes in next needs backed to the absolute hilt through thick and thin, we simply won't move forward until we back one horse and stick with it for the duration.

Have to say its revisionism saying the Warburton appointment was a blunder or a mistake, he was wanted almost universally after the job he'd done at Brentford, and his 1st season was a success.
Agree with this, for his tactical naivety at the end, warburton done his part in getting us back and gave us some good memories, the way they handled it at the end was the poor part from the board IMO

Been away for a few weeks with no access.

Still disappointed Pedro was punted, whilst accepting the situation that he was punted..........to do so with what seems no plan is irresponsible at best from the board.

Whoever comes in next needs backed to the absolute hilt through thick and thin, we simply won't move forward until we back one horse and stick with it for the duration.
Disappointed a dud manager was punted, you are on the wrong board.

Apart from manning the barricades every time Billy Davies is mentioned, I've kept my own counsel on the appointment of our next Manager. The reason being, that every name mentioned so far has failed to give me a metaphorical stiffy. The statement today by Rangers seems to me to be eminently sensible and and informative if you can say that about something that gives you no information. I'm in no hurry to see them make a pigs ear of it again. Murty is winning games and has the players playing for each other and the jersey.
We are bloodied and battered lot after the events of the last few years but as Winston Churchill said..
" When you're going through hell, you keep going"

I think too many are confusing a badly managed PR department and the role of our board of directors. We would not have such a long thread if the original meaningless and rather embarrassing press release had not been issued.
Who is responsible for appointing and over seeing that PR?

The statement imo is lazy.

We are back playing next Week and I’d like someone in place by then.

The more time the manager has with the squad can only be beneficial!

If it’s O Neil there will be mass suicides.

We need a proper board in place to ove forward this is complete nonsense.

Our expectations have never been lower spent the last two days in Glasgow everyone i spoke to wants Murty to get it ffs

Looking at Bilic, never actually won anything in management.

Got Croatia to a couple of Euros, sacked after 1 year with Lokomotiv Moscow, two 3rd place finishes with Besiktas and then sacked from West Ham.

Who is responsible for appointing and over seeing that PR?
Of course it's the board, but you can't hold the board responsible for every single action taken throughout the club. This was a meaningless statement that has created much more debate than was necessary. Surely we can differentiate between a PR %^*& up and a board %^*& up?

Board are right to provide a statement, we all want to be kept updated by our club!

Does it mean McInnes has been ruled out? I'd guess at yes, but I'm not sure. It just means we're taking our time to put a strong short list together and go through a thorough process, as we should.

Michael O'Neill in the frame? Media speculation I feel. He has no club experience outside of Brechin and Shamrock Rovers, so doesn't have the credentials for Rangers. Even in NI crash out of the play-offs (which is looking likely), I can't see him being approached and also can't see him applying.

I've said before, I wouldn't mind seeing McInnes get the job. However, I wonder if we're searching for our own Brendan Rogers to expedite a serious challenge and get back amongst the Euro pay days. I think the board have decided it's time to think big - take no risks and land the manager that is the most capable of challenging (within our budget limitations). We haven't been exactly biscuit tin with the cash for signings, I think there will be more, BUT King will want to start seeing that paying off sooner rather than later.

So I'll stick my neck out and say that we could be a few more weeks yet with no decision, but I think it'll be a big name.

To be honest, we do have the luxury of time. We have a man in charge that many of us feel could even do a job on a permanent basis, he's solid and I trust him to keep us going in the right direction. He's about to win our first 3-I-A-R of the season - so there's no need to rush it.

I believe we'll get the manager appointment right if we do our due diligence and take our time. If that ends up being McInnes, fine by me. I'd also have backed Moyes if it was him, and slightly disappointed that he's out the frame.
If we end up with O'Neill, I'd also back him, but I hope to God it isn't.

Looking at Bilic, never actually won anything in management.

Got Croatia to a couple of Euros, sacked after 1 year with Lokomotiv Moscow, two 3rd place finishes with Besiktas and then sacked from West Ham.

A Rangers manager greeting after a defeat is what Bilic looks to me... he looks gone

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back