Celtic face threat of multimillion pound compensation claim(The Times)

To be fair to McGowan there is another article in today's edition (P. 122) that headlines: "it's time for Celtic to forget about the cost to their bank balance and the club's reputation and focus fully on...JUSTICE FOR ALL"

He's quite clear that Celtic need to take full responsibility for what happened at CBC.
About fu*king time.This mob have ducked out this for decades.Time to pay the piper.

To be fair to McGowan there is another article in today's edition (P. 122) that headlines: "it's time for Celtic to forget about the cost to their bank balance and the club's reputation and focus fully on...JUSTICE FOR ALL"

He's quite clear that Celtic need to take full responsibility for what happened at CBC.

The script of the story is not quite as striking as the bold sentence above.

Where is the punishment for covering up child abuse and ignoring the plight of children in your care?

Of course, as in everything the public perceptions of such crimes are controlled and manipulated by the MSM.
It is in their gift to either increase the public temperature or otherwise reduce it and the direction taken is sadly often agenda led from the top.
A free press is useless if it lacks integrity and operates under a consensus of nepotistic interest.
I doubt that we can truly accept that Scotland has a press that can be trusted by the public.

Worse, if we scrutinise what went on inside Celtc Park for half a century, it is difficult not to conclude that amongst those who knew, many of them were actually working for the Scottish sporting press.

This shameful episode in Scotland's history might serve as a template for Scotland's future if decent Scot's fail to rally together to save the country from the type of people who love power that operates in the dark and undercover away from public perceptions.
Today they abound in Scotland's parliament, they scuttle like rats inside Glasgow's council chambers and they gravitate almost seamlessly into the Scottish National Party.

Ffsake Scotland wake up!

Where is the punishment for covering up child abuse and ignoring the plight of children in your care?

Of course, as in everything the public perceptions of such crimes are controlled and manipulated by the MSM.
It is in their gift to either increase the public temperature or otherwise reduce it and the direction taken is sadly often agenda led from the top.
A free press is useless if it lacks integrity and operates under a consensus of nepotistic interest.
I doubt that we can truly accept that Scotland has a press that can be trusted by the public.

Worse, if we scrutinise what went on inside Celtc Park for half a century, it is difficult not to conclude that amongst those who knew, many of them were actually working for the Scottish sporting press.

This shameful episode in Scotland's history might serve as a template for Scotland's future if decent Scot's fail to rally together to save the country from the type of people who love power that operates in the dark and undercover away from public perceptions.
Today they abound in Scotland's parliament, they scuttle like rats inside Glasgow's council chambers and they gravitate almost seamlessly into the Scottish National Party.

Ffsake Scotland wake up!
Free press died in this country the day the snp took power

Ffsake Scotland wake up!

Absolutely Bilkobear.

And we have based our attack on this very truth.

weird post, how much do you think they got them and other cordia workers ? highest was well into six figures.

point of post was who deserves a bigger pay out
I know, because a relative was one of the highest, and cleaners were getting nowhere near that. People whom have been at the company 25-30 years were. (Not sure exactly how much because they signed an NDA)but definitely not cleaners.

No idea what the f*ck it has to do with the abused.

Celtic should be paying whatever it takes to the victims.

Last edited:
Daily record has been totally exposed today. Run a front page about Motherwell the same day that we learn celtic have agreed to pay up for a sex crime. Don't tell me that was coincidence.
Be interesting to see what the front page spread in the Sunday mail will Be tomorrow.

Behaviour at Motherwell ignored. Bottles thrown at Cluj players ignored. Lost case over McCafferty abuse ignored ? Mmmmm.........

I know, because a family member was one of the highest, and cleaners were getting nowhere near that. People whom have been at the company 25-30 years were. Not cleaners.

No idea what the f*ck it has to do with the abused.
shows how much you know, claim was only going back ten years nothing to do with service and some only going back from date of claim. Highest payout was over 200 grand one janitor 100 grand, dish washers up to 50 grand.

Point of post was the pittance they were offering to victims.

Reference the politicians and police HB. The emails and the replies we have received will all be forwarded to the inquiry when it begins.
The SNP replies are basically all the same.
We see replies being posted on the thread that we received months ago.
So we decided to go let’s say further afield.

We see people posting on here that nothing will happen reference Celtic. Maybe so. I can’t comment on that. The inquiry will decide that.

We have members on FF that no longer post on the main thread as in the background we are working. It gets frustrating for us when we see things posted that just aren’t true. A certain member on here has took abuse from a certain few on here. Basically being accused of talking shite. They couldn’t be further from the truth.

I’ve appeared on kerrydale. Screenshots of my posts. I’ve even been threatened. Bring it on lurkers. I know I keep saying it but it’s true. There are very intelligent bears on here working on this.

Now of course every last one of us on here hate that filth. But when you meet people that have suffered from the abuse and speak personally to a man that grew up with a victim and families being ignored by their government then it sheds a whole different light on the situation.

To summarise. The SNP need the republican vote. Lawwell has far too much influence in Scottish football. Humza is a major problem in Scotland.

When it comes to the press? I read a story yesterday in the Daily Record where they referenced Londonderry as Derry. Now I’m in no way political. But when you see in every other newspaper Londonderry/Derry. I’ve noticed a few times that the Daily rhebel don’t print it like that.

And I will say that I’m in contact with press organisations outside of Scotland. It’s not just me saying this about the Daily Record. It’s professional journalists.

Just let me say how proud and grateful I am to you and all the other Bears for tirelessly pursuing this cancer. I earnestly hope you get a resounding victory. No Surrender.

Ffsake Scotland wake up!
Great post mate, well said.

Kim Leslie, the lawyer pursuing the case works for Digby Brown. Have a look on their website and you will see that, in another CSA case involving a female, the lawyers acting for the Defenders initially offered £100,000.00, which was rejected. Settlement was eventually agreed at £500,000.00 5 times the initial offer.
Will be interesting what was agreed here. Whilst appreciating that each case should be looked at on its own merits, it would be disappointing if £100,000.00 or similar was accepted here.

glasgow city council to pay part time cleaners the same going back ten years under equal pay.
What on earth are you on about? Comparing council workers pay out to a Paedophile payout? Dont drag hard working Glasgow folk into the argument,it muddies the water and diverts the focus from the story at hand. "Those reprehensible paedophile enablers and deniers across the city" Lets keep the spotlight firmly on them NYBear!

Pretty sure Cairney admitted in court he was paid by shame fc and the boy abused in America was promoted to the first team on his return from the states
If this was any of my family I would want the people who covered this up in court
I think a good place to start would be the people who attended the meeting at the piggery with McGinn

In my eyes the place to start in this individual case (just before getting to those that you mention) would be with the parents. What the fcuk were they doing agreeing to this after what has (allegedly) happened to their own flesh & blood?!!!

Ffsake Scotland wake up!
They want to have a free press when it suits their agenda' the same way the Natzis used propaganda it's not just what you print but what you don't print

What on earth are you on about? Comparing council workers pay out to a Paedophile payout? Dont drag hard working Glasgow folk into the argument,it muddies the water and diverts the focus from the story at hand. "Those reprehensible paedophile enablers and deniers across the city" Lets keep the spotlight firmly on them NYBear!

woooooooooooooooooooooooosh.

I've got my eyes on you ;)
May i ask why
Im just being honest....i would like nothing more than them shur down for whats happened
Im just being honest....bbc got away with it after savile....there was obviously so much more to the bbc with their coverups etc. but they havent been shut down for example...im just calling it how i see it...they will get protected and even sympathy from certain individuals....we can hope and pray that more is done to them than will ge but alas im afraid it wont. Its taken this long even to get to this yet still the media,mps etc havent brought this out into the spotlight....their reputation is being protected at all costs it seems with no care or regard for the real victims....makes me sick whenever i see a child wearing that rancid top!

This club wont be shut down, they will come out of it intact...its unfortunate but thats what will happen im afraid.
The media will help in their "damage limitation"
Hopefully the victims get some kind of justice but it wont be the justice that we would expect...
As has been said previous...lawwell an co. Will walk away from any wrongdoings with their heads held high patting each other on the back, reputation slightly dented but club and business intact!...spiers,english and others will praise them for accepting there was "tragic events that happened,its time to move on now"
End of story.

There will be no true justice for what those poor kids went through at that club or any other club
No amount of money will heal the scars that will haunt them forever.
I disagree as this is only the tip of the iceberg. People in high places are potentially involved in what I believe will be the biggest sporting paedophile ring in the world. There has also been a massive cover up and this club have links with Bennell, Saville paedophile priests and many other monsters. Many individuals that knew this was going on and did nothing allowed these monsters to continue to ruin lives of young children chasing their dreams to become a footballer. The only punishment available in my opinion is to shut them down. What other punishment could there be for facilitating and enabling the abuse of children?

Compare the American's Penn State press coverage and punishment for the perpetrators and subsequent prosecution of all who covered up and protected the perverts to Scotlands.
The people who run our country are all in with it so rather than get to the root of it and kill it off by a proper and independent public enquiry that gives true justice and serious consequences for all who knew and did nothing, they conduct a farcical token scenario which gives the victims nothing but perhaps a miserable monetary payout.
These people want a sincere and public apology from Celtic football club instead they are made to somehow feel dirty and are not true supporters of the club by mental vendetta's and insults by social media from some of the clubs supporters like a form of blackmail,they have suffered enough.
The fact is that they or their relatives who were and are the victims, adored and only wanted to play for the very club that now shuns them like lepers as a sacrifice to save face and deny proper punitive justice.
They need true closure and it is still a long way from that yet, the unfortunate part is this is now not only Celtic's but Scotlands shame.

Last edited:
May i ask why

Im just being honest....i would like nothing more than them shur down for whats happened

Im just being honest....bbc got away with it after savile....there was obviously so much more to the bbc with their coverups etc. but they havent been shut down for example...im just calling it how i see it...they will get protected and even sympathy from certain individuals....we can hope and pray that more is done to them than will ge but alas im afraid it wont. Its taken this long even to get to this yet still the media,mps etc havent brought this out into the spotlight....their reputation is being protected at all costs it seems with no care or regard for the real victims....makes me sick whenever i see a child wearing that rancid top!

Because literally all of your 12 posts since joining on Wednesday have been about the scum?

shows how much you know, claim was only going back ten years nothing to do with service and some only going back from date of claim. Highest payout was over 200 grand one janitor 100 grand, dish washers up to 50 grand.

Point of post was the pittance they were offering to victims.
Claim was going back ten years, they got one ten years ago, for the previous ten years and are getting another in 21. They have been getting offers for years and years. I have heard about it daily for the last 15 years of my life. I know the ins and outs mate my point is it has hee haw to do with this.

May i ask why

Be patient

Compare the American's Penn State press coverage and punishment for the perpetrators and subsequent prosecution of all who covered up and protected the perverts to Scotlands.
The people who run our country are all in with it so rather than get to the root of it and kill it off by a proper and independent public enquiry that gives true justice and serious consequences for all who knew and did nothing, they conduct a farcical token scenario which gives the victims nothing but perhaps a miserable monetary payout.
These people want a sincere and public apology from Celtic football club instead they are made to somehow feel dirty and are not true supporters of the club by mental vendetta's and insults by social media from some of the clubs supporters like a form of blackmail,they have suffered enough.
The fact is that they or their relatives who were and are the victims, adored and only wanted to play for the very club that now shuns them like lepers as a sacrifice to save face and deny proper punitive justice.
They need true closure and it is still a long way from that yet, the unfortunate part is this is not only Celtic's but Scotlands shame.

Great post. And it’s quite a shame that the only journalist who has made this point about their cult’s behaviour has been Gary Johnston the Celtic fan now living in Oz.

By paying paltry compensation to their victims from the money they conned out of Arsenal this horrible shower will squirm out of any punishment. They have the help of scotshit government and all kinds of people in the legal system to help them over the years.This is the result of all the help the have received from these corrupt organisations,They will walk away untouched by law and football authorities. I hope not but this is what I fear. The victims will suffer and suffer as these lowlife cunts get protected by their lowlife friends.

Back