Celtic face threat of multimillion pound compensation claim(The Times)

The WHOLE of scotland should have been up in arms at this mass cover up the fact only we did allowed them to use this as they have a blind eye has been turned imo nobody else in scotland seems to care, this must be absolutely devastating for the victims and the sporting and religious institute being exempt from investigation line the SNP ran with in hindsight told us everything we needed to know the religious will protect the sporting so to speak.

It’s going to crumble Gary. Choose a topic from the posts on here and add your bit to what the guys are doing. If it’s emailing your MP, hassling sponsors of a paedo ring or researching a bit when you have time, do it.

I sat in an Irish bar in Arinsal for two hours this afternoon. Up at the bar. Loads of English customers coming up for an order. For a good part of it, my phone had a nice glaring Celtic sex abuse headline. Anyone beside me would likely have seen it. Even if it got one of them thinking wtf, it’s a help. If it’s childish or obsessed then I don’t apologise. There’s a greater aim here and it’s all aided by guys such as yourself doing their wee bit.

It’s going to crumble Gary. Choose a topic from the posts on here and add your bit to what the guys are doing. If it’s emailing your MP, hassling sponsors of a paedo ring or researching a bit when you have time, do it.

I sat in an Irish bar in Arinsal for two hours this afternoon. Up at the bar. Loads of English customers coming up for an order. For a good part of it, my phone had a nice glaring Celtic sex abuse headline. Anyone beside me would likely have seen it. Even if it got one of them thinking wtf, it’s a help. If it’s childish or obsessed then I don’t apologise. There’s a greater aim here and it’s all aided by guys such as yourself doing their wee bit.
Anyone I've tried to educate on the matter gives it "Terrible Eh" or words to that effect and that is it, that is from a couple of scottish Man U as well as other SPL team's fans none have cared enough to comment more than two words yet they were all vocal about Saville or Glitter something is seriously warped in SNPland.

Great post IB.

You are right. Every single one of us can do more, no matter how small.

For me I think our team has new evidence to hit their sponsors again. We have hit them before but today’s new conviction should be sent. The club is now GUILTY.

Additionally I’m sure USA sources will be interested. And of course that is the source more than any other that could harm them financially.

Come on bears, as IB says, the outstanding work to this point has created major media interest, with around 20 articles in papers.

Let’s keep it up ;)

Bang on mate, the Generals are doing a Great Job, it is down to the troops to chip away and get the word out, i remember about ten years ago, there was a particular womans name everywhere you went buses cafes , pubs proclaiming her to be a whore all over Ayrshire, poor woman never met her but if i ever do i will forever link her to being a whore, point being do whatever your comfortable with but keep chipping away NO

This has been a very eventful day with nearly all the papers being forced into going with the story. There is no hiding place for them anymore. What I miss is the respective column writers to come out and scream from the rooftops what we are all thinking and back McGuire. They should be shamed into taking responsibility but they continue to ride it out without commenting. Time for the media to do its job here. It's farcical what this lot have been getting away with. Never a thought for the poor victims, THEIR victims, lest we forget.

Great post IB.

You are right. Every single one of us can do more, no matter how small.

For me I think our team has new evidence to hit their sponsors again. We have hit them before but today’s new conviction should be sent. The club is now GUILTY.

Additionally I’m sure USA sources will be interested. And of course that is the source more than any other that could harm them financially.

Come on bears, as IB says, the outstanding work to this point has created major media interest, with around 20 articles in papers.

Let’s keep it up ;)
You are right. Chipping away at sponsors, constant nibbling at their resolve will get through eventually.

Perhaps a second wave of emails with updated information sent out to media outlets/sponsors will get more traction, annoyance if nothing else.

Could someone post the contact details email list again so that we can get busy again.

Just on STV news there. McCafferty abused eleven victims at Celtc. The compensation for the other ten can't be far away. Its time for the SFA and SPFL to issue disciplinary proceedings against that hideous club.

Just think though MM, if the discipline is after we get clarity on the whole lot of them won’t that help set the tone for a punishment appropriate to a paedophile ring ?

Patrick McGuire:

“ Openness and decency is the way out of this for Celtic. We again appeal to Peter Lawwell and the board to do the right thing.”

Poor Patrick.

Clearly the penny hasn't dropped that Celtic DON'T DO " openness and decency " and that Peter & The Board have no intention of doing the right thing.

They see him as nothing more than a two-bit ambulance chaser that they'll see off in court.

Kenny Campbell

“Can I meet with you and with the other survivors so you can hear our story. I’m told you’re a decent guy. I want to believe it please just do the right thing.”

Poor Kenny.

He still thinks Peter's a " decent guy " that's interested in listening to him and the other victims when the dugs in the street know that Peter and Celtic couldn't give a flying f*uck for any of them.

Just on STV news there. McCafferty abused eleven victims at Celtc. The compensation for the other ten can't be far away. Its time for the SFA and SPFL to issue disciplinary proceedings against that hideous club.

in a legal sense we need to leave to the courts but we should be asking questions of the SFA. Why are celtic allowed to allegedly carry out investigation into their abuse, go through court cases, have pending court cases and now pay out towards a victim yet are allowed to transfer players for millions paying tens of thousands in wages?

The SFA should be immediately handing them a transfer embargo, launch an investigation then see what happens but they cannot be allowed to continue as though nothing has happened.

I wonder if the payment of a
" Significant amount " is to make sure the ex player doesn't reveal himself.
Myself and others on here have known about an ex well known player who was also a Scottish Internationalist that was swaying about coming out with his story because his family didn't even know.
Disclaimer : I don't know for sure it is him but got a feeling it is

It's not.

The player awarded the pay out was not an Internationalist.

on legal sense we need to leave to the courts but we should be asking questions of the SFA. Why are celtic allowed to allegedly carry out investigation into their abuse, go through court cases, have pending court cases and now pay out towards a victim yet are allowed to transfer players for millions paying tens of thousands in wages?

The SFA should be immediately handing them a transfer embargo, launch an investigation then see what happens but they cannot be allowed to continue as though nothing has happened.

Very good point. Given the suspected global scale of Celtic’s child abuse activities, who knows what the damages could be.

The potential damages sums should be protected now.

Poor Patrick.

Clearly the penny hasn't dropped that Celtic DON'T DO " openness and decency " and that Peter & The Board have no intention of doing the right thing.

They see him as nothing more than a two-bit ambulance chaser that they'll see off in court.

Poor Kenny.

He still thinks Peter's a " decent guy " that's interested in listening to him and the other victims when the dugs in the street know that Peter and Celtic couldn't give a flying f*uck for any of them.

All of the above worries me. It seems like lawyers are really wanting them to settle out of court.

I dont think he has enough to take them to court or he would have done it by now.

At least they've started paying out. A step in the right direction. I hope the abused get at least some semblance of hope knowing one of them has had a payment.

On a related note:

I do find it strange that Rangers got slung out of the league for money problems while this appears to have been overlooked like it didn't happen.

Weird country where not paying taxes has a devastating effect on children (view of the media) while child abuse is routinely covered up.

They're going to get away with covering up a child abuse ring aren't they?

Only in Scotland. What a shithole it has become when mentioning their child abuse or their terrorism makes you the bigot. God help you all. Immigration anyone?

Back