Kerryfail Street

0_JS190160795.jpg

Been looking for a new avatar picture @Davie Weir don’t mind if I steal this. It’s a cracker.

Now I know that I may get hounded here. In fact I know I will and I don’t care. But I ventured into Kerrydale street forum just to see if there was any significant meltdowns and to my no surprise, there was indeed.

My personal favourite was:
I wouldn't worry about it. We'll probably lose the league this year. Sevco aren't any great shakes, but they're a physical side who press in midfield and utilise the wings relatively effectively. We'll get horsed at Ibrick on our current showing and it'll spiral from there.

We're ran by a shower of cheap cretins, who'll continually take the lazy option every time it's presented to them.

This was the best of the bunch. They are bricking it and some of it is even reality for them.
I got this from a boy in work today . He was talking to another celtic supporter who tells it as it is and he told the guy as he turned to me "his mob will win the league". The other guy say's "I think you'll beat us at Ibrox cos your a physical team " .I asked how often he'd seen us ? to which he replied "well Jack and Arfield are physical but we're more skillfull ".After changing my underwear all i could say was we'll see .

I believe, they have been stockpiling cash the last few years to prepare for building a new stadium in the near future.

Thank you for that incredible insight which I, for one, could not have imagined !

WAOH, Do you have any, even vague, knowledge of where it is proposed this new stadium would be located ?

Hopefully they will, there’s no evidence or precedent in the UK for that though, it is pretty pathetic what victims get. I just googled the BBC compensation for victims to compare and seen the poets have agreed compensation with a victim and the amount is ‘significant’, hopefully we will find out in the coming days how much that is.
1. Has there ever been a paedo ring operating at a UK club before that you know of?
2. Do you know how many victims there were?

It is something they will have to do in the next 5-10 years. People have said since it was built that only had a 25 year lifespan. I think it’s part of the reason they won’t be spending that money on anything else.
They’re not getting much of a stadium for 40m nowadays.

Thank you for an incredible insight which I, for one, could not have imagined !

WAOH, Do you have any, even vague, knowledge of where it is proposed this new stadium would be located ?

Like I said above, due to the apparent lifespan of their current stadium, they will either have to completely rebuild or majorly redevelop and renew. It’s just something I’ve thought for a while that they will have to spend big money on in the not too far future.

It’s the way they try to convince themselves that their shit pit is this arena of beauty, while ours is apparently falling apart.

Their stadium is literally held up by scaffolding. Not to mention it’s hanging over a fucking graveyard:))

They slapped a bit of wallpaper round it to try and make it slightly more appealing.

There will come a time probably in the next few years where they will have to do major works to save it from falling down.

I worked with a structural engineer who had been on the Saville dome build, he was a Killie fan. He said that comparing the knew camp to Ibrox was like comparing a Lada with a Rolls Royce.

There will be a very different septic side, Lemon will be worked up to 99 prematch. They'll throw everything at the game, hopefully they'll throw it away. We are a much more solid team, slicker, faster, operating as a unit but that first match will be a fight.

With you on this one. I thought 6-2 was as bad as it would ever get in my lifetime but those two weeks were utterly embarrassing.
I want an early goal and is not to take our foot off the gas until the final whistle. We’ve got four huge games to overcome before then but I’ve faith in Gerrard that we’ll take care of them.

I hope so mate.

I want an absolute dismantling of those scum bastards.

Honestly don’t want us to give them a fucking inch on that park. From the first minute to the last, the players need to totally leave everything out on that pitch.

Those pedo harbouring scum need put back in their place, which is with their neck under our heels once again.

1. Has there ever been a paedo ring operating at a UK club before that you know of?
2. Do you know how many victims there were?

1. There seems to have been a ring in England with Bennell, which the poets were linked with, but, I think this is the largest peadophile ring in world football. I’m not sure how much of an impact that will have on payouts though. I think that is based on impact to each victim, but it could be a class settlement.

2. I don’t know, it could be in the hundreds, I think I read it was 12 involved in the case, but that info will be in the big thread on this. If the payout for each victim is in the low hundreds of thousands though, it still won’t amount to tens of millions.

This should all be answered in the big thread on this already, by people who know far more than me. All I was saying was I think they will be punished, I just don’t think it will be to the level they should be.

They’re not getting much of a stadium for 40m nowadays.

The Sheep apparently had £50m financing to build their proposed new stadium. If it were to happen, there would obviously still be debt and probably sponsorship, they might not even own it outright, but they don’t technically own their current stadium anyway. If what has always been said about the 15-25 years is true, it’s a massive problem they will have to overcome in the future.

Now some of them saying they don't think they paid 3 million for Boli :)

Listening to Ssb

A tim who calls all the time and used to come on 2 seasons ago and say the score v us will be whatever they want it to be.

He was on tonight saying he fears we are going to rip them apart and would bite the hand off for a draw

Changed days indeed

Lets hope we do.

Last edited:
You'd need the thick end of £500m to build a modern stadium of this size. So, doubt it.

I was thinking about £250m, just loosely based on the sheep stadium costing £50m for 20k seats, plus they had a full training ground included I think. It’s more likely it would be a major redevelopment, either way it’s going to cost a lot, that’s what happens when you build on the cheap to begin with though.

Now some of them saying they don't think they paid 3 million for Boli :)

Listening to Ssb

A tim who calls all the time and used to come on 2 seasons ago and say the score v us will be whatever they want it to be.

He was on tonight saying he fears we are going to rip them apart and would bite the hand off for a draw

Changed days indeed

Lets hope we do.

In contrast, I would be absolutely devastated with a draw.

Even a win by one goal would be slightly disappointing.

I want victory by four or five goals. I want the Snyde phone in the following evening to be a Timmy meltdown special. I want column inches asking "Lennon - where did it all go wrong?" and putting pressure on Lawwell to go.

It's been years since we really humiliated them in an Old Firm game and we really need to rectify that.

The Sheep apparently had £50m financing to build their proposed new stadium. If it were to happen, there would obviously still be debt and probably sponsorship, they might not even own it outright, but they don’t technically own their current stadium anyway. of what has always been said about the 15-25 years is true, it’s a massive problem they will have to overcome in the future.
They’d need a much bigger stadium than the sheep. They’d also need to sort the area and transport to deal with traffic. It would be double if the proposed sheep pen at least imo.
They might’ve been thinking about it after 10.
Their dreams are going down the pan.

I was thinking about £250m, just loosely based on the sheep stadium costing £50m for 20k seats, plus they had a full training ground included I think. It’s more likely it would be a major redevelopment, either way it’s going to cost a lot, that’s what happens when you build on the cheap to begin with though.

If you break it down to cost per seat the sheep is coming in at £2,500 a seat, what will the quality be and how will the finished product look? Our club deck cost £15million for 7000 seats that’s just over £2,000 a seat and that was 29 years ago. Look at Crystal Palace there spending £75-100million on 13,500 seats roughly £5,500 a seat. Granted it’s there main stand and they will have more than just seating areas to build and fit out.

So I think your close in your costing for replacing the “new stands” at the san giro. If you do like for like with just all seating and no hospitality or offices the cost could come down as it’s a simpler structure to build. I think that the cost of £250million would roughly be what it would cost is to replace the 3 stands at Ibrox with circa 50k seat horseshoe with hospitality and offices.

As with the crash barriers neither of us would be replacing their respective main stands however, they could do with replacing theirs and bear in mind the mains stand is where the biggest expenditure is. I think they could replace the mechano kit for £150million and that wouldn’t be on the cheap.

Now to get back on track their tears taste wonderful!!

I want victory by four or five goals. I want the Snyde phone in the following evening to be a Timmy meltdown special. I want column inches asking "Lennon - where did it all go wrong?" and putting pressure on Lawwell to go.

It's been years since we really humiliated them in an Old Firm game and we really need to rectify that.

Would love to hammer the scum but as long as we have scored one more goal than them when the ref blows for full time I will be ecstatic.

Wonder if they'd downsize stadium juve style or are they too stubborn for that ?

That stadium is too big for them. They dont have the support we have in terms of numbers across glasgow and scotland.

If the Timpanzees don't make the Europa League and lose at Ibrox then the Lurgan Lardarse will be gone. They are already turning on each other. A hammering at Ibrox and they'll implode.

They’d need a much bigger stadium than the sheep. They’d also need to sort the area and transport to deal with traffic. It would be double if the proposed sheep pen at least imo.
They might’ve been thinking about it after 10.
Their dreams are going down the pan.

I said in another post I thought a total rebuild would be at least £250m, it’s more likely to be a massive redevelopment. Ether way, it will cost them heavily, all because they built it on the cheap in the first place.

1. There seems to have been a ring in England with Bennell, which the poets were linked with, but, I think this is the largest peadophile ring in world football. I’m not sure how much of an impact that will have on payouts though. I think that is based on impact to each victim, but it could be a class settlement.

2. I don’t know, it could be in the hundreds, I think I read it was 12 involved in the case, but that info will be in the big thread on this. If the payout for each victim is in the low hundreds of thousands though, it still won’t amount to tens of millions.

This should all be answered in the big thread on this already, by people who know far more than me. All I was saying was I think they will be punished, I just don’t think it will be to the level they should be.

Not sure of all the details, however why did Bennell get 31 years and the mentally challengeds paeds get 4 or 6?

Not sure of all the details, however why did Bennell get 31 years and the mentally challengeds paeds get 4 or 6?

I’m not sure, it could be differences in sentencing in England, or number and types of charges. Bennell had over 50 charges, whereas McCafferty had 12, for around the same number of victims.

There will be a very different septic side, Lemon will be worked up to 99 prematch. They'll throw everything at the game, hopefully they'll throw it away. We are a much more solid team, slicker, faster, operating as a unit but that first match will be a fight.

I think so too. In his pre-kick-off motivational rant, Lennon will do everything he can to get his team fired-up, so I expect they'll go hammer and tongs at us from the opening whistle. If we don't concede during this period and especially if we manage to nick a goal, I think they'll implode and we'll ride out easy winners, after which TLB will either announce his resignation or will be fired.

It’s the way they try to convince themselves that their shit pit is this arena of beauty, while ours is apparently falling apart.

Their stadium is literally held up by scaffolding. Not to mention it’s hanging over a fucking graveyard:))

They slapped a bit of wallpaper round it to try and make it slightly more appealing.

There will come a time probably in the next few years where they will have to do major works to save it from falling down.
Nae nothing major needed, just a gallon of petrol and a match would be suffice...Oh wait ! I forgot Shite doesn't burn. :oops::oops::p

I used to feel the same way in the Souness era,but it rarely happens.
One more than them on any given day will do for me.

Back