Daily Record – Kent

Status
Not open for further replies.
This reminds me of the Sky “coming up after the break” teaser where it’s definitely coming up after the break but not till nearer the end of the programme.
The Kent one, for me, and only for the reasons I’ve posted a few posts back, I’m not ITK, will happen but not till after the Legia games.
This will either enhance our immediate mood or reinvigorate us after losing out.
Given the immediate fixture post Legia home, I think it would be terrific media management.

That used to bug my happiness.

My prediction is we will end up with a reasonable 5 players for the two wide positions. Hastie and Murphy to go out on loan with the 5 being: Jones, Barker, Arfield, Ojo and Kent. Beating Legia will make this outcome much more likely. That will bring our squad to 25 players ( not including Firth), 2 for each position plus an extra wide player and Halliday & Stewart as utility players. Incredible quality in depth with Kent being the final piece of the puzzle. FWIW, I think Stewart is sufficient to cover as a 3rd string striker and IMHO we will be ok at left back with Flanagan, Barasic and Halliday.

My prediction is we will end up with a reasonable 5 players for the two wide positions. Hastie and Murphy to go out on loan with the 5 being: Jones, Barker, Arfield, Ojo and Kent. Beating Legia will make this outcome much more likely. That will bring our squad to 25 players ( not including Firth), 2 for each position plus an extra wide player and Halliday & Stewart as utility players. Incredible quality in depth with Kent being the final piece of the puzzle. FWIW, I think Stewart is sufficient to cover as a 3rd string striker and IMHO we will be ok at left back with Flanagan, Barasic and Halliday.
Agree with all of this. Hopefully with the addition of Dorrans, Dodoo and Holt leaving as well.

If it was to happen, A good way to do this would just be to announce the team with him in on the Sunday. Nothing before hand. The fallout would be brilliant. Birth certificates would be checked the the SFA would would be asked how this was allowed to happen.

Very annoying, but typical of the Scottish mhedia, that "down tools" is now part of the story. No chance that's can be proven or even that it's a real thing. However, if he does now sign for us or even come on loan, he'll conveniently be known as the player who "downed tools".

See this whole "don't get excited over a transfer rumour" crap that's started surfacing on here, it's a bit weird. People are going to get excited at the prospect of getting a great player back (regardless of how likely it is or isn't), if it doesn't happen then they'll be disappointed. Big deal. That's football.

How much will we make from the group stages (net) if we qualify? If the board allows us to use it towards buying Kent, we should have the makings of a healthy down payment.

Things is who does he displace in the starting 11 Arfield and Ojo have started really well and Jones has also showed up well

As things stand we don't operate with a starting 11.
It's a squad game,especially if we progress in Europe.

Said from day one I would be very surprised if he’s not at us, should have put the same clause in Ojos aswell

If he signs team for September 1st will be

McGregor

Tavernier
Goldson
Katic
Flanagan

Jack
Davis
Aribo

Kent
Morelos
Ojo
Interestingly, if you plugged Arfield in for Ojo then, with the exception of Aribo, every one in that starting line up was on the books last year (Davis of course for the second half of the season only).

No chance. Arfield will be one of the first names on the teamsheet and rightly so.

First names in the team sheet for me are in order

McGregor
Tavernier
Morelos
Davis
Jack
Goldson
Katic
Kent (If he is fit and ready)
Aribo
Flanagan ( no much option)

Then it’s between arfield and Ojo for last place. If Kent comes back arfield will be one of the last picks in the team this year.

See this whole "don't get excited over a transfer rumour" crap that's started surfacing on here, it's a bit weird. People are going to get excited at the prospect of getting a great player back (regardless of how likely it is or isn't), if it doesn't happen then they'll be disappointed. Big deal. That's football.
The point is that there isn't really a rumour.
Liverpool (Klopp) have said he's not going on loan.
Gerrard has said he's not coming.
The Liverpool press say he's not coming.
No one on here with genuine itk credentials (Docstone, ID10 etc) have said anything has changed.
Yet one guess from a newspaper who are normally (rightly) reviled on here has people going tonto and predicting he'll be starting the old firm game.
I'd be very happy if he returned, I'm content if he does not.
But I can forsee a situation where if he doesn't sign there will be anger and outrage at the management and board purely because people convinced themselves that something that wasn't ever happening was going to without any evidence.

We need to go after there full backs, we need speed Ojo and A fit Kent would run riot.

In what way do we need to go after their full backs? Everything I've read or heard suggests the wide areas are their strongest areas and they actively set up to force teams into trying to go for their fullbacks

EDIT: Never mind I'm an idiot and thought we were discussing Legia at first

If he does come back, we will see, but honestly, the way we have started this season, and the way Ojo and Jones have played the last couple of weeks - can’t we just focus on the positivity we have with our current players rather than pining after a former loanee?

Reactions: TQ3
In what way do we need to go after their full backs? Everything I've read or heard suggests the wide areas are their strongest areas and they actively set up to force teams into trying to go for their fullbacks

EDIT: Never mind I'm an idiot and thought we were discussing Legia at first

Yeah at Ibrox on the 1st we will play a more attacking team, than when we play them away. This game is massive to lay down a benchmark.

If he does come back, we will see, but honestly, the way we have started this season, and the way Ojo and Jones have played the last couple of weeks - can’t we just focus on the positivity we have with our current players rather than pining after a former loanee?
Kent would still make our team better though? Would be nice to have him to help us out with 55!

If it was to happen, A good way to do this would just be to announce the team with him in on the Sunday. Nothing before hand. The fallout would be brilliant. Birth certificates would be checked the the SFA would would be asked how this was allowed to happen.
Remember Alex Ferguson did this with Scholes when he came out of retirement. Must be possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back